anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (says rosi willard)

Child of God
logophile
volleyballer

Female

edited and added to
does it make sense?
also, i changed the title because there's only going to be one. i got nothing else for this, so i'm leaving it here.
Lyrics from songs I listened to today:
1. "All the girls in Los Angeles look like you from a distance"
2. "The buttons of my coat were tangled in my hair / In doctor's office lighting, I didn't tell you I was scared... ooh-ah, soon you'll get better / ooh-ah, soon you'll get better / ooh-ah, you'll get better soon / 'cause you have to"
3. "Rosenbergs, H-bomb, Sugar Ray, Panmunjom / Brando, "The King and I", and "The Catcher in the Rye" / Eisenhower, Vaccine, England's got a new queen / Marciano, Liberace, Santayana, goodbye"
4. "Running through the parking lot / he chased me and he wouldn't stop / tag, you're it / tag, tag, you're it"
5. "What must it be like to grow up that beautiful / with your hair falling into place like dominoes / my mind turns your life into folklore"

The Middle [FANFICTION of bunnybeige's series]

2
    It was hollowed out and filled with dried rose petals and folded sticky notes. Minnie inhaled sharply, catching a whiff of the rose petals. Such a distinct scent, almost too strong. With trembling hands, she let her fingers graze the rose petals. It was all she could manage. How could she open those notes? What if she saw something that...
    Minnie pushed those thoughts away.
    Her nail brushed the edge of one of the scraps, and she saw miniscule letters, carefully written in black ink. Her heart was pounding too loudly in her head to decipher it.
    "Quinn," she breathed. She had to know. Didn't she? While a sliver of her wanted to throw the Bible to the ground and leave it in the dirt, her curiosity burned as she stared at the scraps.
    Every part of her shaking, she lifted the first sticky note that had caught her eyes and unfolded it.
    The snake shone silver in the subway's dim lighting. Minnie frowned and reached for another note.
    He had watched his mother flit from person to person in New York City. Not in the sense of romantic relationships, but in the sense that she never stopped exploring, never ceased meeting new people and understanding their stories.
    That sticky note floated to the ground as Minnie's hand clapped over her mouth. She opened another note.
    Quenton didn't think he was like his mother. Sure, he enjoyed meeting people, watching these lives unfold on the underground. Undaunted now, Minnie unfolded another paper.
    Quenton liked stopping at every stop, always watching out for the silver snakes. They liked him and his mother, but he always feared they might try to attack or eat newcomers.

Minnie dropped that paper back inside the Bible and opened another sticky note.
    Quenton wanted to settle down someday, with a girl who was more than just "nice." He knew he would find a girl whose laugh made him laugh, whose eyes shone like the moon and the stars, whose conversation he'd never tire of.

Minnie bit her lip and wondered if her eyes still shone like the moon and the stars. Maybe when your boyfriend walks out on you after getting you pregnant, you lose a little of that shine.
    Quenton heard a scream. "THE SNAKES! HELP!" A croaky male voice split the air. "It's trying to—'" The old man was cut off as one of the silver snakes launched itself at the his foot.
    Minnie narrowed her eyes, trying to recall Quinn's original story. She never realized he had continued writing it. She wondered how important writing really was to him.
    Quenton knew, with every fiber of his being, that he didn't deserve the girl he'd discovered, whose laugh made him laugh. Whose eyes shone like the moon and the stars. Whose conversation he never tired of, even if he didn't have a clue about "thrifting."
    Minnie's heart was in her throat.
    "Quinn," she whispered again. "Quinn," she said louder. She swore. "Why'd you leave, you jerk! Come back!" The Bible slipped out of her grasp as her hands came to cradle her face. 
    "No. No. You don't want him back. He left you," she told herself.

Edited.
This is a fanfiction of bunnybeige's series "The Middle." You gotta read it to know what I'm talking about here. ;)
She is a fantastic writer who never fails to convey deep emotions through gorgeously flawed characters. Seriously, I get emotionally invested in every well-crafted character she brings to life.
All credits go to her.

• Mespotz

Please continue this... I miss The Middle. Just start where rosi willard left off(I think Minnie was at Quinn's house)! This is great by the way!

• xx carolina xx

re: oh, lol.

• xx carolina xx

re: pardon?

• xx carolina xx