psithurism

she/her | christian
violist | nemophilist
est. 10/21/2020

on an unintentional semi-hiatus

I'm sorry it took me so long to publish the fourth part of the series. Please tell me what you think. Brutal honesty is appreciated.

IV. i offered my hand to the cosmos

11

IV. earth

i sigh as i breathe in the aroma of my mother
gaia wraps me in her tender arms and i feel
complete and utter calm, she hums in my ear
and i hear the flowing of rivers, the chirping
of birds, i listen closer and realize the steady
base of her song is made of raging hurricanes
and wildfires, it frightens me, but she wipes
the tears from my face, leaving behind the
residue of soil on my cheeks, i am but a clay
creation, and i will forever hear it in her song

• vastexpansion

oh my this poem is so fluidly spoken and the descriptions are so toughing. i love this

• birthdaycandles

God, I love the Earth! (and this wow- I’m gonna go read the rest)

I really like this- the concept is beautiful and the descriptions are again, on fire! I know you said brutal honesty but I honestly (hehe, see what I did there?) can't seem to think of anything wrong. The one thing which I might say (and feeeel free to ignore this because you have an idea in your mind and it is perfect as it is) would be to have the base of Mother Nature's voice be calm and at first, you hear the raging storms because that may better reflect our relationship with nature right now. Anyways, sorry for spamming your notifications, now I'm going to leave you to write XD

• Melancholy Celestial

I. got. chills. <3 This series is lovely, and it's a shame it will end after you run out of planets! :(
    Re: Thanks for the feedback! It's a-okay to call me Mel! I always feel slightly uncomfortable when people talk about being kind unconditionally or 'from the goodness in your heart' It always made me feel like I wasn't good enough if I had reasons for being nice to people. It's a nice feeling to hear that I'm not alone<3

• ~wildflower~

Re: oh wow, thank you so much!!

re: yeah writer's block what fun... same with me, inspiration comes in short spurts spread out intermittently. ah! a novel! thats so cool! yeah having stuff in your head and then translating that to the page is hard, so hard, but just one of those things that is vital to being a writer... sigh. anyway yeah being on the blog... honestly i kinda liked the anonymity because tbh not what i look like all the time you know? i want to be seen in motion or something like that, right? well yeah im doing fine. spring break is fun... same old same old. <3<3<3

re: aw, thank u! it took like 2 hours to write ha not a bad way to spend a sunday tho. how are you?? <3<3<3

"i am but a clay / creation, and i will forever hear it in her song" ooooh this last line is breathtaking! i love love love this. it smells like rain and spring and sunsets :) wow my friend this is wonderful <3 <3 <3

Oh wow gorgeous *hesitant smile*

Oh my this is wonderful. Reminds me of the Sleeping At Last album (Atlas: Planets). I shall now proceed to play Earth while reading Earth.

this is beautiful, this is like taking a deep breath and it is perfect, everything fits and i really cannt explain it.... its wonderful. <3<3<3

• aaliyahh

oh my goodness your words put me in awe....this piece is absolutely stunning, good job <3