River Rae

I love:
-Vaquitas (look it up it is a real animal)
-Wolves
-Reading and writing
-Singing
-Learning
-Reading and writing deserve to be here twice
-My dogs

I believe every story can make a difference to someone.
Even the most insignificant story could be the most impactful of it's time.
So look up from the computer screen and out at the world.
Then write what matters.

Keep reading it's worth it

3
I can honestly say I have no idea what I'm about to write. Sometimes words fill your mind and you just have to get them down, even if you don't yet know what the words are. Sometimes like a waterfall they cascade down and fill your mind before you realized what was happening, you were swept away in the current. And language itself is a miracle for words are just sounds that we incorporate with a meaning. I am a firm believer that the pen is mightier than the swords, that words hurt more than any blade could. Yet I also believe you can't let the words of others get to you. So do these words even matter? Are they a weapon of light and hope to spread a message across the world or what little part of the world sees it? Or is it not even worth putting down because no one will listen to an opinion that isn't theirs.

Not what I thought this would be about but to another extent why can no one listen? Why does everyone always believe they are right and no one else can be, why does no one take the time to listen? Why must truth even be permanent and undeniable when in this world truth depends on perspective. When truth could really be what we put in place of the unknown because the unknown scares us but without it there is a missing piece of the puzzle. People use to think the earth was the center of the universe but since then that has been disproved. If people had written that off as something no one needed to know there would be an absence for that unknown because nothing is known. Right and wrong are variants of the same thing, truth and lie, good and evil, it's all perspective. And no one knows what is more terrifying, the idea that fate and destiny could already be decided and nothing is under our control, or the suggestion that nothing is decided, nothing truly known or planned and that we are truly alone. 

And then there is that one word, alone. Why as human being does being alone frighten us? We are not wolves or bees with packs and hive, we are humans. We are not the bear in the wild that is always alone, we are human. And this is something I shouldn't get into but who is really to say that is better? This planet and everything on it would certainly be better if humans had never existed. Really if you think about all the damage we've done and that things like who has more social media followers are more important than fixing that damage, i's repulsive. And yet we sit upon our high and mighty throne declaring ourselves the most evolved species, the superior one, and the only reason no one contradicts us is because they can't. Because we never took the time to listen to the plea this planet was sending out until it was too late. And you say "it's never too late" because that's always been our fatal flaw. We think we have time to spare until we don't and we're lying on our death bed full of regrets. 
Ok, that may have been wordy at times I just sat down and wrote. Let me know if you have questions or comments.
(And thanks for reading to the end)

• ScarlettLucian

Writing out our streams of conscience can be so soothing and what comes out on the page can be so interesting and makes our heads a little bit less cluttered, so nice job!

ok this just proves that writing whatever comes to mind produces brilliance.
    "And no one knows what is more terrifying, the idea that fate and destiny could already be decided and nothing is under our control, or the suggestion that nothing is decided, nothing truly known or planned and that we are truly alone."
    LIKE THAT IS PROFOUND. "And you say "it's never too late" because that's always been our fatal flaw. We think we have time to spare until we don't and we're lying on our death bed full of regrets." You touch on so many crucial issues... it's insane. this is absolutely needed and powerful. i loved it. i am so glad i read the whole thing.