Parisienne

18
Scorpio
Daydreamer, writer, artist and traveller
Coffee addict
Dreaming of Paris

Turns out I sort of listened in Science everyone :)
Hope you are good

Physics

11
I'd walk slowly out of school each Friday
decelerating my pace
until I was practically stationary 
he was on the floor below
I knew
because we used to meet
and I felt sure 
one Friday
he'd realize he still wanted me
so I'd cruise slowly out each week
waiting for him to catch up
I felt so sure he would
after all, in physics
every reaction has an equal and opposite reaction 
every push has a pull
friction is balanced with acceleration
so every slow walker must have someone willing to chase them
it took me too many Friday's to realize
that love
is the only force
where Newton's laws
do not apply

1

awwwwwww, this was sooo tragic! I love the infusion of science into the poem (yes, I love science, yes, I am a nerd XD) the pacing was amazing, you seamlessly went into the backstory and present and it just, awwwww!! It's breaking my heart!

oh my word. those last few lines. absolutely perfect yet so so heartbreaking. i am in love with your writing!!

• barelybear

Agh older brother = rugby matches, “Did you know...?”s (he’s a massive show-off), judgements because everyone either says
    - wow you look like a female version of him (umm thanks?) or
    - you are siblings so therefore you must be the same and I will now judge you because he sticks pencils in his hair oop.
    It’s good to get the life experience I guess, but a lot of people see him as weird :c
    Oh and he will randomly pick me up and he is v tall so I get just a lilllll shrieky terrified. Curse his lockdown workouts.
    I think he’s a big softie barelyteddybear at heart though. He just doesn’t exactly know how to get it across.

Ah well if you ever need someone to deal with an ex, just hit me up (I can bring my brother along and he can do the holding as I pummel them :D)
    If it’s any consolation as well, I have led an utterly single life. Not even a spark of romance, except a two-day primary school fling where we passed noted and then he ran out of ideas I guess. I knoowww there will be plenty of time later but agh is it too much to want a cheesy American high school romcom life story?
    I’d even take the heartbreak, if only for something to spice up the biography a little ahah.
    Hmm do you think it’s better to have no romance or to have bad romance? I guess it’s nice to hold on to those stereotypes of a cute couple and true love. One day ahah. Maybe in Paris over coffee and croissants ahhhh

• Lizzie R

Re: I'm doing ok, I unfortunately got covid so I'm in quarantine now which really sucks. I'm on an American History zoom right now so if I don't respond right away that's why sorry. How are you doing?

• Lizzie R

Re: Thank you so much! I hope so too, Becca. We'll just have to see what the future holds :)

• barelybear

*strangled gasp noises* noooooo! Why must science fail us??
    I love all the references anshsns I was so rooting for this geek chic romance. Aw you write so many poems about heartbreak dw if someone has hurt my big sis, as soon as I can drive* I’ll hop down over there and sort them out :) (possibly by bike, but that could take a litttlee while.)
    Have a great day, look out for manic drivers! :D

*we’re looking at Oct-Dec 2022. Depends on how difficult I find the practical bit hah. I am *so* looking forward to being able to drive to my brother’s uni and embarrass him *rubs hands together, strokes kitty, swivels in chair and falls off* :D

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

Chapter five about my life is out dear friend

• Dragonfly

Re: No it's great, parisienne! You can write in any style you wish! No, worries! The city isn't in Germany, I always like foreign cities better, they simply feel more exciting, because they're less familiar and there's more to explore :)
    Thank you so much!! It really means a lot
    Yes, cinnamon rolls taste wonderful (or do you mean a different pastry?)! I didn't see them inn Paris, but I wasn't there that long, so I didn't have that much time to explore.

• Lizzie R

Re: Thank you so so much, Becca!!!

• Zirong

OMG YAY poems with science references are always so mysteriously romantic(this one is romantic in a heart-breaking way, though) -- that's actually my main motivation to listen in science classes haha :D

re: How are you doing? I'm glad that my writer's block is finally unblocked!(though my newest piece is a super depressing one XD)
    My gap year will be before college. I have a long travelling list -- Japan and the UK are two of my top choices! If I get to visit your country I'll definitely inform you, and hopefully we can meet and go for latte together!(looking forward to fish and chips as well :D) Also, I have tons of Japanese anime to watch. Sadly, I've stopped watching them this year so that I can save time to prepare for tons of exams and tests *sigh* but I'll surely catch up during gap year! I want to learn some new skills and perhaps make some money during my gap year as well. Have you ever had any full/part-time jobs before? If so, how was the experience?
    Good luck with your exams too! I believe you can do super well in them!!!
    yea I can totally understand the feeling of nervousness about "being back in normal life". Guess the pandemic has just changed our lives a lot. Hopefully things will only get better! :D
    Thank you so so much for all your support and love <3 Don't worry about not replying quickly. I'll always be here for you too if you ever need someone to rant at :)
    Take care and have a sparkling term ahead!!!

Zirong <333

• Dragonfly

This is beautiful (and a little sad)! I love the metaphor too!
    Re: Thank you :D No it's not Paris... (sorry), but I think my description fits on several (European) cities. I do not know about any cinnamon pastry in Paris though

• Odysseus

RE: I'll read it very soon! I'm still recovering from Looking For Alaska, I've been very hesitant with Green recently, haha

• Lizzie R

Re: Thank you so much!! It means a lot I was worried about that one because of how wordy it is. My best friend (Ellie, whose comment was below yours) said it was good but I wasn't really sure about it lol thank you :)))

• Lizzie R

This is gorgeous yet so sad!!! I love it so much. Good job, Becca!! :))

• Odysseus

RE: Rumors is one of the best albums of all time. Perks is a FANTASTIC book, I highly recommend the movie as well! I have a tiny confession- I have never read Paper Towns.

• almost flora kane

wow what an amazing metaphor

• Odysseus

RE: Thanks, it's my favorite book/movie! Have you read or watched Perks? (Or both?) And, of course, Dreams is amazing. To answer your question, Looking For Alaska, hands down. You?

• Odysseus

This is a gorgeous piece- I love it so much!
    I'm a huge John Green fan!