acrosstheuniverse28

Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Ballerina
Ravenclaw
Tolkien-ite
Psych-o
Beatlemaniac
(Yay classic rock)
Amateur astronomer
History buff
Musical Lover
Est. March 2020

Another hodge podge of "philosophical" rambling that I hardly planned and didn't care enough to edit much. So, hopefully it makes sense to some degree and as always, all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Dear Universe

5
dear Universe,

it's me.

are you listening?

if not, that's okay. you've probably got plenty of other things on your plate right now, so i don't blame you if you're not listening at the moment

but i just wanted to let you know

how beautiful you are

and how thankful i am that i get to witness your beauty. every second of every day. i sometimes — no, often — take your beauty for granted.

i often fail to notice the itty bitty ants crawling along the sidewalk, dodging my feet as i walk to school. i often forget to look up at the clouds and watch as they swirl across the sky like the wings of angels. each morning as i drive, i squint against the sun's glare. i wish i had the strength to open my eyes to the light instead. i even forget the stars. living close to a big city makes it difficult to see them. difficult to remember them. i'm so sorry. 

but i'm trying to remember.

i'm trying to remember that those same city lights that are blocking out the stars are also part of you, Universe. the sun that i so often squint against is a blessing from you, and i wouldn't be here without it. the clouds that i neglect to look up at truly are angel wings, painting the sky with their feathery tips. the sidewalk with the ants is not only walked by ants, but by dogs, squirrels, rabbits. people. so many people, just like me. so wrapped up in our own heads we forget to look around every now and then and notice how beautiful of a Universe you are.

and the most amazing thing to me, Universe, is that all of us forgetful people are apart of it all too. the good and the bad, the kind and the hateful, we're all part of this bigger whole, and i'm so thankful you allow it.

so thank you for the ants. thank you for the clouds and sun. thanks for the stars. thank you for the smiles and laughter. thank you for the tears and heartbreaks that make the smiles and laughter so much sweeter. thank you for helping hands. for warm hugs. thank you for words and music, thoughts and emotions. 

thank you for your beauty, Universe, and thank you for sharing that beauty with me.

-- your's truly --

ps: please help everyone else remember the beauty too, will you? your beauty as well as their own. afterall, they're part of  you, Universe, so of course they're beautiful. please, don't let them forget.
Wow, it's been a hot minute since I've posted. Actually, it's been a hot minute since I've done any non-school related, "just for fun" writing. Life's been crazy busy recently, but hey, look, I managed to write something... about space... like 85% of all my other pieces on here... dang, I'm getting too predictable

Omg awww this was so beautifully descriptive!! I loved it! And the "thank you" parts at the ending was so nice and the p.s. of course was an exceptional addition! I also really loved the "— no, often — " that was just so human! Amazing job!! :)

• Ava Marie

Re: Thank you so much!!!

• Ava Marie

I really like this!! It's so good!