Ellington Stone

Hi, I'm Ellington (a.k.a. Ellie)
She/Her 15
INFP & HSP
OLP, Grapheme-Color
#BLM
#loveislove
#feminism
Joined Feb. 2021
wlw
Current Obsession: Billie Eilish

Hey!

I LOVE to read & write & draw (Melanie Cellier, Wendy Mass, & Jillian Dodd) ...all that good stuff.

I mainly post things I've been playing around with, but I always appreciate feedback! Feel free to drop a comment or a review, it's always appreciated. If you ever want a review, I'd be happy to help. Just ask :>

I mostly write little poetry things, short stories, flash fictions, and some political commentary/mockery.

Thanks so much for the 150+ followers!!

How I Wish I Were Her

ANNA:

You know how every school has that one girl, all popular and pretty? The boys run to her and she pretends like she hates it. She always shows up in the trendiest outfits, with the most glamours jewelry. It makes everyone wonder when she has the time to be so perfect. The boys think she's gorgeous, and she knows it.
    Here, that girl is Sofie.

SOFIE:

You know how every school has that one girl, all quiet and mysterious? The boys are fascinated by her and she pretends like she doesn't know it? She always shows up in the darkest hoodies, with the most beat-up Vans. It makes everyone wonder what she does outside of school. The boys think she's captivating, and she knows it.
    Here, that girl is Anna.

ANNA:

Yet, I can't seem to hate her. She's smart, kind, super outgoing. She just seems so... put together.
    And she's not a bad person, which makes it all so much worse.
    Sofie's like... a young Taylor Swift. The lipstick, perfect up-do's, everything.

SOFIE:

Yet, I can't seem to hate her. She's strong, tough, super outspoken. She just seems so... put together.
    Anna's like... a young Avril Lavigne. The baseball cap, attitude, everything.

ANNA:

I try to be chill, try to ignore the jealousy running through me. They can all probably see how flustered I am, the twinge of social anxiety I get whenever someone speaks to me. I'm just faking it. But, when she talks to people, she makes them laugh and smile. She always says what she's thinking, which is so much easier.
    How I wish I were her.

SOFIE:

I try to be funny, try to ignore the jealousy running through me. They can all probably see how weird I am, the strange comments that try to slip out whenever someone speaks to me. I'm just faking it. But, when she talks to people, she stays secure and reliable. She never says what she's thinking, which is so much easier.
    How wish I were her.

no one's ever judging you as much as you think they are.

• Starlitskies

Re: You're welcome. And thank you for your sweet comment! I never thought of it as a prologue, but now that you mentioned it, I feel like it could be a piece of a bigger puzzle. :)

• Starlitskies

Can't believe I wasn't following you; had to fix that! :)

• Starlitskies

Wow. I have no words. Literally. Oh my gosh. This is so eye-opening and deep and you've written it with such nuance and flair. You're a brilliant writer.

• pluto-

r.e.: oh also, i'm infp-t too!

• pluto-

r.e. YEAHH EXACTLYY! hehe

OK wow! I literally love how you wrote this and you even had a pop-singer for both of them instead of just the popular one- this is literally sooo amazing and I love how it shows that everybody wants to be someone else and someone wants to be you! There's so much emotion and it's just ahhh I love it! RE: Omg awww thank you so much for your comment, (once I get the review I will respond to that as well) and you got the exact message behind it!! Thank you!! You're awesome!

• nolongeractive

Re: Thank you so so much! That means everything to me!

• WolfyPop

Re: wahhh! You are too kind!! Also, you made me giggle a little at your compliment about vocabulary/code... XD

• WolfyPop

Oh my goodness!! I love this so much! It is such a cool way to turn the idea of feeling not good enough on its head. This piece is very relatable and has been written very well ^-^

• nolongeractive

THIS SONG AND TITLE IS SO RELATABLE OMG!! This is so pretty and simple yet relatable. I just love how emotional your writing it is, and how you pair it with so much simplicity. You are insanse!

• pluto-

wowow this is really amazing!

• Minvra

Re: Aye. I'm a sucker for romance. And thank you. I read some blog post a couple months ago in handwriting lore or something. I certainly know how spiky my curves can get when I write. I've seen others who write with hearts as dots for i's.

i love how you capture the different povs perfectly. the message behind this is so powerful and so so needed. you never know what someone else is thinking/feeling.

• Minvra

Idk why but I get gay vibes. Sorry if it's a little random. But this is super cool. I'm printing is out.

• nolongeractive

Re: Thank you so so much!

• The Ravenclaw Dragon

Wow. This is really cool! It's cool how they each are basically counterparts of each other. Keep on writing!