✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

She/Her?
Pansexual
ENFJ-T
Freshman
Catholic
Musical Theatre Buff
I love to sing, play piano, dance, act, draw, play video games, and read.
I LOVE My Hero Academia, and Blend S is my favorite anime.
Daughter of Apollo

Smile!
Profile pic by yours truly
Hey, everyone! If you need a virtual hug, take one! >--(UwU)--<
I began writing a story, Petals of Power, in January. I forgot about it and lost passion for it, though.
Besides Petals of Power, I have two other series going on! The first is 365 Prompts, I used a website called ThinkWritten, and it will go on for one year! The second is called "Passion Prose," poems about OC and fandom couples!
We got to 205 followers!!!
NEW GOAL: 250 followers by June! We can do it!
Plsssss go follow some of my friends!
-Kathryn Siena
-Jake S
-Elaina Carter
-☆Dramaturgy☆
-HelpMe512
-4ExtraShotsofEspresso
-daisy164

Rivers (Final Version)

I like to think that our souls are like rivers.

One day, they may flow freely, rushing through, around, over, and under various obstacles, splashing water across the land and even into other rivers. They babble and churn with life, cascading through the forests, tumbling across the countryside, speeding over hills and into valleys without slowing down or coming to a halt. Some rivers may be murkier than others, that murk sometimes gets washed away.

Other days, our rivers may be more like streams, commonly overlooked and missed but having so much to offer. Still, the streams are quieter, not as lively, maybe even more despondent or depressing. A lot of streams, unfortunately, have dirt and rocks clouding and contaminating them. However, streams provide more for other rivers.

Our rivers may also feel like lakes, still and seemingly boring but calm, peaceful, and serene. We can bring so much to others without them fully knowing. While lakes do not move and do not contain the life that rivers and streams have, they are clean, fresh, clear, and special.

On the dark days, our rivers may feel like streams that are partly frozen over with ice floes, cold, and still, possessing many particles of grime and waste. No one trusts the stream that is frozen over, as the ice could crack at any moment and burst, and send forth a great rush of frigidity and pain. For some, their river is like the frozen stream more often than others'. 

Unfortunately, some rivers rest as streams that have a layer of ice overtop of them, permanently halting their movement and trapping every bit of bad inside. They feel lost and hopeless, like there is not any chance of saving them.

Yes, our souls are like rivers.
However, that is not necessarily a bad thing.

To me, a river means guidance. Following a river downstream is a key tip if you need to find shelter or something similar in the wild. Similarly, your soul guides you. 

It is true, however, that many people will disagree with this statement. Water is misleading, ever-changing, perplexing, and even difficult to understand. We cannot always look to a simple liquid for guidance, as it's like looking to something as fickle as the seasons, which change with time and are drastically different from each other.

Nonetheless, it is still important to trust yourself when you need to. 

Yes, I am highly aware that you may not know who you are or what you're doing here right now, and your river might be a tiny little trickle of water that barely pours at all, but listen.

If your stream is starting to freeze over, melt it. If the permafrost is too strong to melt, take an ice pick and hack away.
I am also positive that this is much easier said than done, and your river or stream may feel too small and too frozen and too dirty to fix, but I urge you to try.

You got out of bed this morning and you are still here. Your river or stream or creek or brook or lake began flowing this morning, and that is something to be proud of. 

Look into yourself. Ask yourself what made you get up this morning, find it in yourself to use that to your advantage, use that to get your river flowing, use that to help your river guide you.

Ice melts eventually. Streams dribble into rivers, which pour into lakes and seas and oceans. Every river contributes to other rivers and teams with other rivers in some way. Eventually, when those rivers evaporate, they come spilling down back into other rivers, other streams, other lakes, other oceans. 

You can do this.
Rivers don't stop forever.
All streams eventually become a part of something bigger and empty into rivers.
Even rivers who seem like they are all by themselves travel into the ocean and join with others. 

Rivers flow.
Rivers are forever.
Don't let ice or dirt stop your river from flowing.

I know some people who are going through some stuff, so I hope this helps.
Yes, I know that this isn't really much of an OP-ED piece. I know it's more of a motivational piece, and a bad one at that, but I'm still trying.

I love the analogy, it is soo beautiful! The first paragraph was my favourite because it was soo poetic! And I love how you said every river contributes to another because that was very true and motivational! great job :))