Ellington Stone

Hi, I'm Ellington (a.k.a. Ellie)
She/Her 15
INFP-T
HSP
OLP, Grapheme-Color
Proud Progressive Catholic
#BLM
#loveislove
#feminism
Joined Feb. 2021

Hey!
I LOVE to read & write & draw (Melanie Cellier, Wendy Mass, & Jillian Dodd) ...all that good stuff.
I mainly post things I've been playing around with, but I always LOVE feedback! Feel free to drop a comment or a review, it's always appreciated. If you ever want a review, I'd be happy to help. Just ask :>
I do a decent amount of poetry things, but my short stories and/or chapters are typically fantasy or realistic fiction (always some exceptions).
Thanks!

I'm Addicted To Nostalgia

15
    I'm addicted to nostalgia. To laughing with early childhood friends about past memories that they don't even recall. To scrolling through your camera roll and reminiscing on moments frozen in time, captured in mid-air. To when a sudden scent takes you back days, months, years, to a place you'd never forget. To that feeling when a part of your soul knows you've been there before. To the soft scratching at the back of your mind when it can't quite place what it's thinking about, but your heart seems know every detail.

I'm addicted to comfort. To watching Friends re-runs and laughing at the iconic age-old jokes. To eating three bags too many of microwave popcorn, and then making another. To waking up in sweats, rolling over, and falling back asleep. To grabbing the book you've read at least nine times and escaping into the familiar story line, predictable and safe. To replacing your life with that of the characters, erasing unwanted memories. To letting yourself drift into the mindless void that is relaxation and freeing yourself of deadlines and stress, if even just for an hour. 

I'm addicted to dreaming. To letting go of your grasp on reality and diving head first into the insane pits of imagination. To creating the idealistic future lifestyles with expectations that will never be met. To growing winter wonderlands that shimmer and shine, icicles and snowflakes galore, all from thin air. To building grand cities towers that loom over everything in sight, piecing together a skyline permanently ingrained in my mind. To scribbling it all down as fast as you can, embracing the rush of adrenaline.

I'm addicted to inspiration. To feeling a sharp spark of an idea ignite, deep in your core. To letting it crawl through you as your excitement grows, working yourself up over something that'll never last. To that rush coursing through you as you ask, "What if?" To disregarding your carefully crafted list of priorities, detailed and meticulous, just to make more time. To working endlessly for hours before inevitably losing interest and putting everything aside, never to lay eyes on it again. To thinking back, years from now, and pondering the possibilities that could have been.

I'm addicted to discovery. To staring at online photos of exotic places you could one day visit, savoring every detail. To cherishing every adventure you go on, even its just to the grocery store. To understanding how much each thought matters, each one filled with the potential of a revolution. To realizing that politics is all just a game, both sides willing to go to the epitome of extreme, just to win. To longing for a drop of peace, an ounce of harmony, that could feed the hunger of humanity. 

• Minvra

Felt like I was floating on the words. Sometimes I wish I could curl back where I came from. It's why I end up sleeping with my head under the blanket.

Heh heh, I have to agree with the part about politics. I also relate to the paragraph on nostalgia.

• Love, Rose

re : thank you mate

• Yes_iKnowimShort

re: Thank you. I really like this piece that you wrote btw. :)

• lilli17

re: "Dang, my name must taste so good for it to always be in your mouth." after this part add anything you feel goes with it. its a type of song that's like come after me b*tchhhh.

• lilli17

re: thank you, im actually stuck with it maybe you could help me, if I like it ill add it and rap it to ppl on stage

• FastOceanLove

Re: Ok will do :)

• dee’s abditory

The best kind of addict to be... and also the worst...
    great piece! I love it!!

• FastOceanLove

Re: No problem and thank you!!! :) If you like the series, do you want me to notify you when more comes out?

oh i love this....each paragraph hit so hard...each was so breathtaking and was full of gorgeous imagery. dreaming/inspiration were EXTREMELY relatable <3 love this (and bookmarking it so i can read it again later)

• Kasilee

I'm addicted to inspiration, I rly felt that paragraph. Amazing writing!!!

• FastOceanLove

This is breathtaking! And I can relate to the first paragraph, the bringing up memories no one else remembers and my room has this one wall where I have just past pictures with friends & family, and each year I get a piece of construction paper and find pictures from that year, which I've been doing for 2 years now :)