Paisley Blue

she/they | 6.2.2020
genderfluid | christian

i told the stars about you

sorry, i know this is a day late :) love you all!

oh how wonderous, this joy

14

i. listening for silence

silence is silence only when
    the heart pauses in anticipation
of noises unheard;

silence is silence when expectations
    are left waiting, left
unshattered yet pushed aside.

silence is silence when the bluebird
    opens his beak to sing, and i
watch, but don't hear him.

silence is silence when my ears are devoted
    to listening only
to a place without sound.

ii. watchfulness

the trees sang of spring, truly,
    still deep in the depths of February
        and car tires splashed through ankle-deep puddles

startling flocks of birds;
    perfect shivering V's, flying, scattering,
        and yet never deserting each other

as they fly into the murky-grey sky.
    yet they, too, feel it, and they cry out--
        watch and wait, spring is coming!

it's coming.

iii. oh, happy day

imagine what the world would look like
if everyone was happy;
there would be no rush or movement
    the changing of tides would rise and fall
and all the world would be more gentle.

when was the last time you cried
out of pure joy, pure life?

we are infinitely alive. we simply
    become
again,
    and again
        and again.

iv. star dust

once i was a star;
    holding planets in my orbit, dancing along
    the spiraling galaxies; always moving, always gleaming.

now, i'm something even more wonderfully complex.

v. acceptance

you try to understand how
    my stars glitter above our sky
or how dawn rises on
    my skin;

you'll never know, but that
    is all the more reason to search
your longing to love is joyous.

thank you, thank you!
    for not understanding how a rose sweetly blooms,
but loving it anyways.

second week of lent
part i - 2.21.21
part ii - 2.22.21
part iii - 2.23.21 title inspired by the song "oh happy day"
part iv. 2.23.21
part v. 2.28.21 inspired by coming out to my dad :)

Oh, how did I miss this?? It's perfectly glorious.

Re: Idk if people understand how much silly sweet comments like that make my day. I can't stop smiling.

Re: Heehee ^u^

• poetri

re: AW thank youuuu my lil sister did it :)

• rwong

OH MY GOSH HIHIHIHIHIHIHIIIIIIIIIIIIII ITS SUNDAY!!! i nearly forgot until i saw you in my notifs box and eekkkk HIIII!!! you've been missed!!!!!!
    okok i love this and i seriously just missed this all week *facepalm* but your writing...this is beautifulllll i think imma reread this a couple times before i come up with an actually coherent comment but seriously i'm in love already
    re: aww thank you so muchhhhh asdkjf;asdlkfj that means a lot coming from a talent like you!!!! also yes i totally get the feeling sometimes im like "well that was...underwhelming...i thought i would feel more excited or happy but...nOpE"
    a;slkdfjasl;kf anyway how are you ell? how was your week???? sending all my love your way <3 <3 <3

• crystalline•galaxies

ah, i keep missing when people publish and i think i need to like set an alarm or something daily so i can catch up every day. anyway, as always, this is so beautiful. you’re so good at writing, and the way you write just has such a special quality to it; it’s like it’s simple in the words it uses, but so much more hits you after you’re done reading. i admire it so much.
    re: aaaaaaaaahhghff thank you hahaha! those scattered comments are my absolute favorite, they make me so happy.

• psithurism

re: Aww thank you so much ily!!! <3

• Karma’s_Coming

Heyooo the next part is out in the Reagan and Caspian Series. I hope you enjoy, have a lovely day! <3

• Quirky_Chaos

Hi! just letting you know, a new lennon and sophia piece is out!!

DO NOT READ THIS COMMENT TILL SUNDAY!!!!

wait what!? i think i reached comment limits because the end of that comment below included lots of hearts and love and wtw went and CUT IT OFF!???!!!?? ahhhhhhhh! so.... lots of hearts and love lol. let me add the warning at the top....... there we go. so have fun in the snow for me and i wish i could packet up some california sunshine and send it your way. :( <3<3<3

"we are infinitely alive. we simply
    become
    again,
    and again
    and again."
    "thank you, thank you!
    but loving it anyways."
    eeeeeeeee! this made me feel so refreshed and i love it because you, my blue paisley ella wrote it! i felt so happy so thank you for that! now for lots of replyingggg:
    1. thank you thank yoou thank you! i feel the same way about your writing and i just always think the grass is greener on the other side so to speak. like reading someone elese's work is just so inspiring and stuff.
    2. thank you! (how many time will i say thank you before i finish this comment?) it was so surprising and im still reeeeeling and im like did i do that!? really!? me!? and its not like im not worthy of it but i still feel a bit guilty because im sureeee that other's peer reviews are better than mine but what can you do ya know? and i still think your song was like first class and should have won something! but thats how life goes. know that i absolutely adore it though.
    3. i do think you should submit it! its one of those pieces that doesnt really have a lot of weight behind it like you said but it makes people feel so happppy and gracious and aliveeeee. i think at least for me its easier to write about pain because its such a strong emotion but writing about feeling happy doesn't happen as much because maybe we take it for granted or something like that. find a mag that has a happy theme maybe.
    3. i love the scene you painted of the outdoors, right out your window. seems lovely. i wish it snowed here buttttttt noppppeee. snow is so romantic and sure its freaking cold and stuff but i love it and i love ice skating and sledding and all the things you do in the snow. yesssssss! really happy bout potted purple! think it come out today actually and gosh yes it was nervewracking but it ended up being fine.
    4. awwwwwwww wow i m smiling so much re reading that.... yes i think it was friday and now its monday and gosh yeah you mean so much to me and its so interesting how the distance between ppl can bring em closer together. you'll get better at staying off, i know it! and hey, you published this today? cool but DO NOT READ THIS COMMENT TILL SUNDAY!!!!!! oh wait ill put that at the top...... there we go ;) and yes i know all about feeling youll bve left behind.... happens all the time for me. if no one else remembers you, which they most certainly will because you are so kind and fun and awesome, then youll still have me. CONGRATSSSSSSS bout your play thing! know a bit bout auditions i guess because ive been in a few school plays but like there were no cuts or anything and everybody pretty much got good parts. YES<< SPEAKING RZOLLL! congrats! yes! so happy for you! thinking of you too alll the time whenever i'm in the sunshine and smiling wide and stuff and yes i miss you but next sunday i;; try to be on wtw so that we can chat more but life is so darn busy which is ironic because at the same time nothing at all i s happening.

• pyrrhic

:] <33