Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

I've listened to Eliza July's song Calliope every time I've written for this series. It's really good for getting the creative juices flowing. (that's the song that won the songwriting comp for best lyrics btw)

for emily ii. | unnoticed

18

oh, to be a hummingbird!
flying so effortlessly about the winds of love and luck,
i think they must have a life so free...

and i saw you notice one, once.

you looked up and laughed,
joy rewriting the cycle of untold anxiety
that i so often see hidden in your eyes.

if only once those eyes looked at me,
i would not need wings to fly!
we could lose the world
and all of its tragedies
and know nothing but life and
sky.

but i was on the sidelines,
again;
there's nothing in this world
that makes me feel more
flightless
than you passing me
by.
Part 2 in the "for emily" series. Part 1: "for emily | unfiltered"
I named the main character (the speaker of the poems) Anthony (to those who I told I'd named him Jack: Sorry! I changed my mind at the last minute). He's kind of shy. I decided that Emily isn't too shy after all. She's not necessarily popular, though. Still, Anthony goes unnoticed...

OMG ahhhh this totally melted my heart again!! "if only once those eyes looked at me,
    I would not need wings to fly!" was just ahhhh- literally sooo cute!! "Fly" and "sky" rhyme sooo beautifully as well- it's always nice to have at least one rhyme snuck in! Ahhh, ok, I'm going to read the next part of this right now because Emily haaaas to notice Anthony!! He's just sooo in love with her!! The way "he" describes everything is just so eloquent and romantic! RE: Yeah it was so refreshing to see a gentle, sweet earth. Really brought out the "mother" in "mother nature"! And aww thank you! and thank you so much! I actually tried to bring in a flaw by saying how angry the character could get by punching people over a simple insult but lolll- some people commented saying they loved that part. I'm not sure what to think of so many people (ngl including me) being fixed on possessive, possibly violent male leads. Just off the top of my head, one of the kissing booth movies (it was a sleepover and we needed a terrible rom-com ok! XD) kind of pushes it as well. alsoo- ahh, I was typing so aggressively I accidentally pressed the unfollow button just now (yes, I am surprised my phone is not shattered yet at the callousness I handle it with) so don't mind the notification you get just now lol!

• Tachi

Your work is AWESOME! I love everything! Its so creative, a piece of art, really.

Poor Anthony. He needs to ask her out. Or get her attention somehow. I love the symbolism of the hummingbird though.

wow

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"there's nothing in this world
    that makes me feel more
    flightless
    than you passing me
    by." oh my gosh this is gorgeous. anne this is talent right here

• almost flora kane

re: thanks so much! it worked!

• almost flora kane

re: no, actually, i don’t! help would be great. (lol, almost four years on this site and i'm still learning things every day)

• almost flora kane

this is such a cool way to do a series. i'm learning about the characters in such a different, artistic way, it's really creative. plus, the poetry itself is phenomenal. re: thank you so much! i really like that title idea, so i might use it when i repost sometime:)

• psithurism

re: Thank you! :)

• deep_breaths

re: I know, I know! but i think he genuinely might like me too but my overthinking brain will talk me out of it eventually LOL

• ANSON REYNOLDS

re: ahahhaha GOOD! great minds think alike *big thinker face* :)

• ANSON REYNOLDS

pah huh wah slap a pickles on a grilled cheese, this was SO GOOD- and I like Anthony even better it's less stereotypical than Jack :))
    My fav part was DEFINITELY "and i saw you notice one, once." bc I imagine Anthony trying to be all poetic about emily/life/whatever but then he's like, actually guys, the real reason why I was rambling about the reason of life is because I'm seriously in like with a pretty girl. Idk, that's how I end up picturing it, anyhow XD

re: haha yeah I was thinking about making a greatest show references and then I was like nahhhhhh

• Jj101

Re: Yeah, probably. Have a good day!

• BriRiley

Aww so cute! I love the part about the wings! I can’t wait t read more! XD

• SamRose

I love it! Can't wait for the next one!!

• abi's pov

again, the pacing's soooo good. great job, dear!

• happygiggles

/genuine /proud : This is mind-blowingly awesome! (if that's a word? /lh) /genuine I adored part 1 of this too, such a beautiful and poetic series! Cannot wait to read more! (: