~wildflower~

15
Loves music, nature, poetry, emotive writing, thinking
Passionate about the environment
pianist, tall
•stranded amongst the stars any trying to work out the meaning of it all•
Joined April 2020

On a perpetual semi-hiatus

I spend a lot of time worrying about life, caring too much, and contemplating the universe.
—————
“Somehow, after everything, she still bloomed I’m the way she was meant to” - Morgan Harper Nichols
—————
Favourite words: whisper, echo, wanderer, lost, forgotten, meadow, galaxy, stardust, wisp, sonder, nubivagant, solivagant.
—————
Favourite film: The Lost Thing - Shaun Tan

Stronger than the seasons

PROMPT: 25 Words

9
(These are two seperate 25 word stories that stemmed from the same idea)

I thought the winter had ended, on that sunny day.
Yet when I finally looked over at you, still, you were looking the other way.

——————

Spring arrived the day that I finally looked at you, but still you were looking the other way. You remained frozen, and I bloomed anyway. 

RE: Awww you’re so so sweet! Ok, so here I’ll tell you the plot outline (then let me know once you’ve seen this so I can remove the comment haha). And if you’re interested, visit this link (scroll to the footnotes) that’s going to explain what I’m going to do with my book.

No worries if you opt-out (that’ll make more sense when you read the post! XD) because I know you have better things to do.

Plot outline: Ok so the general outline (cause it’s always changing as I write more) is that the book will follow a young man named Elias as he tries to find conclusive evidence to back up his thesis that old money in America is still profiting off of evils of the past and continues to instigate evils in modern society. (everyone already kind of knows this in the back of their minds but he wants to find something concrete enough to instigate change of like minimizing the intense class gap) Somewhere along the way something happens that makes him wonder if he should continue or not, if he’s just wasted his life, and he questions the meaning of his life if not this collection of essays he was hoping to publish. And then of course there’s tons of characters and evolution of their personalities and stuff throughout!

Anyway, hope you’re having a great day!

Aww, I really like these stories, like Anne said, it's awesome how you took a situation and looked at it in two different ways. I almost find comfort in this because it reads like this person was stuck on another person for so long and finally, they realized they don't need them anymore. So if you read them together, it's almost like growth. And btw, you got great symbolism in here! (with saying it's spring and then later how you bloomed- so you grew and turned into a new person when you realized you don't need this other person and before that you have winter with the depressing- that was really poorly worded but hope you got the gist)
    RE: Aww of course, it was just the truth and aww thank you, you are sooo sweet as well!! Haha yes it really is!! Awww thank you so much, I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Oooh really great job! You picked up on practically all of them- ooh I’m so glad! In case you wanted to know, the only major things you didn’t pick up on were the two greater themes (which btw were extremely hard to pick up on without knowledge of American history and you’re Australian so of course they weren’t super clear to you!) but um, they were quite dark. The “cotton” kind of hinted at slavery and the tea (like the whole setting and everything) hinted at imperialism because that was a resource that was really taken by the British. But don’t say you have limited skills! You got practically all of them!
    Awww thank you, I’m literally so overjoyed you found it so wonderful (love that word- there’s something wonderful about it XD). Thank you so so so much, your comment was so super sweet and thorough and just wow, I’m smiling like so hard right now!!

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Thank you for the tips! I'm glad I inspired you a bit :)

Ooooh I love how you contrasted two different ways of looking at the same situation with such great imagery!