lochnessie

14
proud big sister <3

fireful.

ramble #3

9
It’s very easy to be in a café ordering a coffee just because you once met your dad there and that was when you had a dad. Coffee. Sophisticated. Nothing like the weak-tea-hot-chocolate remnants that filled your cup back when you had a dad.

You like to buy hot chocolates in paper cups and drink them on the bus because you think it makes you look older. In reality, it probably makes you look younger – sipping at your cup in a dress too big for you and ankles circling in worn shoes.
You’re ordering a coffee you won’t drink – you end up with another hot chocolate because you can’t bring yourself to be alone in a café ordering a coffee. It reminds you of how your grandmother used to sit you on her knee and feed you spoons of the bitter foam. It makes you want to cry.

You’re a lot older than you were the last time he saw you, before he got on that plane. You’ve lost the baby fat and you’ve somehow made your friends jealous of your cheekbones without ever knowing they existed. You lopped your hair off and grew a head taller than your best friend. Oh well – it’s been long enough that your father won’t remember how you ever looked until you look him straight in the eye. Maybe then he’ll realise that the little girl who barely skimmed his shoulder is as tall as he is now, still drinking hot chocolates that he'll think are coffees.
ramble ramble hot chocolate break ramble

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

whoa i feel like i got pulled into this cafe and i can't seem to leave
    re: thank you so much! hope is what i was going for. hope is one of the greatest challenges, to me.

• nolongeractive

This is outstanding and your words just are so lovely and impactful. Your writing will definitely change the world!

Wow!! That was like a whole story in just a few passages. I could feel the emotion of the character jumping out of the page! Well done!! :) p.s. I would love it if you could leave some feedback on one of my works because I really want to improve :)

Re: <3

chapter 32 for T&R is out ;)

wow...the tone of this piece is beautiful and strong and confident, yet there is sadness and sorrow behind some of the words. gorgeous writing.

also, Chapter 31 for T&R is out!! Finally--after all these chapters--a bit more of Owen's past is revealed.