Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

15
[ChildOfGod]
BTS ARMY!<3

Sending good thoughts and prayers!

Watching the Horizon

17
lost in the depths of broken dreams
if you’re weary, take a seat and listen

like a comet high above the earth
time is moving faster than we can see
yet somehow, it is still

we are spinning
but never noticing
gravity is shielding us
from things we never even knew
were there
because we didn’t look

but times are changing

sometimes the world feels like
it’s spinning out of control
sometimes the walls are closing in
the fear and doubt want to swallow us
but we can’t give in

we need to do our part

don’t leave off your helmet

stand together 

take your shield

protection is offered 
to those who listen to the call

and if we stand together 
to face down the dangers of the night
the wolves and stalking creatures
we will not be forgotten now

heavy eyelids
small arms clutching a stuffed bear
prayers quietly whispered
 “Jesus, keep me safe”
innocence is beauty 
heavenly angels all around

an unknown future waiting

a blanket curled around
providing comforting warmth

a nightlight keeping away the shadows
words muffled by a pillow
a small voice
trailing off, half asleep
the peace of dreaming

of the promises coming 

“don’t fear, dear child,
you are not alone”

the sun will rise on another morning
persevere and stay true to the end
stay united 

brush off the dust 
and stay strong 
wait for the new dawn
to chase away the shadows
we can get through
together 

for sometimes you have to fall
before you can
soar 

So, I read mindfruit’s piece “the ruins of yesterday” and it got my creativity flowing. Go check it out!
I won’t pretend like I know exactly what this is, but hopefully it can at least give some encouragement. I am here for you all. God loves you, and so do I. Hope your weekend is blessed! 

1

I loved this!! The whole piece was so beautiful and the end was particularly powerful! "because we didn’t look" was just- wow! And I love the mix of italics and normal font. I don't know why- I just love italics in poetry! “don’t fear, dear child,/you are not alone” was just awww! I love your writing so much!! It's so encouraging and powerful! I'm so glad Anne told me to reach out to you!! RE: Ooh wow! That's awesome!! Hey, mirror self! XD And haha, no worries! Take your time, live your life :) HAHA and yes!! You definitely have to! Although the wording in both is quite confusing at times, they are so amazing! And hahah! You would get along amazingly with my other friends! HAHAH, loll, I should check out Beth Crawley then cause I've never heard of her before (sorry!) and Boyce Avenue! Oh my- I told you, I really am very uncultured when it comes to music! But I do love 21 pilots! Oooh, lately I've really loved Monster by Shawn Mendes and Justin Bieber! I only have a favourite song for like two weeks and then I move onto the next one though lol! What about you?

• happygiggles

this poem has everything that a reader could ever be looking for in a piece of writing. miraculous. (:

• ~rain~

Re: Lol ikr

• doodleninja

re: no worries! i don't mind the questions at all :D
    i think they all have different personalities and that's what makes their chemistry and dynamics so great! they're constantly surprising each other and making each other (and us) laugh because they all bring different perspectives.
    i mean, a lot of people love the dynamic between suga and j-hope because they're such polar opposites, the more reserved quiet introvert paired with the energetic outgoing extrovert
    (gosh that turned into a bit of an essay XD)

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

ohhh wow this just felt so soothing

• Halopoet

Re: alot is new with me! I just read the coolest book in the world and now i spend my days swooning over it. Apart from that we're having our test series so im busy with that but i still take time out for wtw. :)

• doodleninja

re: yep! the group was formed around 2012, and then debuted in 2013 when jungkook was only 15/16, which always sounds crazy to me, like imagine starting that big of a career at such a young age :0 XD

• books4life

this is beautiful!!! how are you my friend? we haven't talked in a while. have a great day!

• crystalline•galaxies

re: i'm exhausted, but hanging in there i suppose. what about you?

Re: Tired but pretty good :)

• SamRose

Re: Aw thank you so much!! :)

Re: Thank you so much! <3 How are you doing?

Re: Lol im great thanks :)
    How bout u?

• Halopoet

Hey coolest friend ever. Just wanted to check up, how are you and how is peeta?

• doodleninja

re: oof now that's a tricky question XD since i can't choose just one, if i had to narrow it down to three, it'd be Spring Day, Blue & Grey, and MIC Drop. how bout you? :D

• crystalline•galaxies

published again!

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

Hey amazing person. Chapter five about my life is out. Check it out if you can :)

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: im doing well! How are you?

• doodleninja

re: ahhhh yes jungkook is my bias-wrecker! i mean, is there anything he can't do? he can sing, dance, make gorgeous art, he's handsome, hilarious, the list goes on XD

• mindfruit (semi-active)

re: Hey Eden! I'm doing well, I've just been really busy with school work and whatnot lol. I actually have a research paper due tomorrow so that's why I haven't been active lately. thanks for checking in, it means a lot :) I'll take a look at this piece after my paper is turned in, I'm so excited to read it!

• doodleninja

re: you're welcome! and let's see...bts is still being hilarious as ever, jungkook dyed his hair blue, suga is now fully back from rehab, and they continue being everyone's daily serotonin boost XD
    and yep, V is my bias :D

• doodleninja

such a beautiful inspiring piece! love the simple imagery you used here, the sun rising, "small arms clutching a stuffed bear", "blanket curled around"...wonderful writing! :D

• SamRose

Re: Let me know if you ever read it! XD

• SamRose

Re: Aw, yorkiepoos are so cute! I have a husky. And yeah, it's my favorite book. :) Very well-written for a fantasy, you know?

• SamRose

Re: Oh cool, you have a dog too! :) What kind of dog is it? I just got into the Percy Jackson series. Not my overall fave but probably in my top ten. I just finished the last book in the series. My favorite book is Fablehaven. Have you read it?

• SamRose

Re: Oh, cool! Yeah, I live in UT. It is supposed to get warmer this week, so the snow will melt. I can't wait for spring!! So what have you been up to lately? I'd assume you didn't go out in the rain? It was probably really cold.

• SamRose

Re: Nice! I haven't been out in the snow here lately cause my sister broke her leg sledding a couple weeks ago XD, so I kind of wish it was rainy here instead. Do you live in like California or Florida or something? Most of the US is snowy rn. Like I live in the Midwest and most of the area is snowy.

• SamRose

Re: I'm pretty good! Cold, though, since it's been snowing a lot lately here. :) How about you?

• BriRiley

oh this is really cool! I love how you said "don’t fear, dear child,
    you are not alone” It is really sweet!

Chapter 31 for T&R is out!! Finally--after all these chapters--a bit more of Owen's past is revealed.

replying: thank you!

• beth r.

re: yeah same!

• beth r.

“don’t fear, dear child,
    you are not alone”
    gorgeous, per usual, Eden :)
    re: I'm good- although I've been lacking major motivation to write for the past couple of months lol. How are you?

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

Re: I opened the site just for fun and was not expecting the heartwarming messages I saw. I spent a whole day at a college today trying to get scholarship money and to see the support I have on here is amazing. Thank you!

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: ARRRGG I FORGOT TO LET YOU KNOW
    I got the email! I can't wait^^

• (sk)eyesofocher

ahhhhh this is amAZING

• V-Rose

Re: Quote away!

• Ren(hiatus)

Yeah this definitely improved my mood haha! Thank you for writing this, I definitely see the inspiration from mind fruit tho. It's really beautiful.