Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

For everyone who's sat on a tree branch and thought for a while
Or someone who wanted to

Mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie, mindfruit, Rohan's Defender, & all
Sis to happy butterfly
birthdaycandles & happygiggles are my apple juice Jesus sisters

Dating Kristoff? He's got a reindeer, a good sense of self... He's got it all.

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned.

"I was born singing. Most babies cry. I sang an aria."
~ Fairest (book) by Gail Carson Levine

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

for emily i. | unfiltered

16

and for a moment, i saw you,
hair spilling out of what i think is called a messy bun
that was
getting ever-messier by the second.

you noticed the unraveling immediately, of course.
your eyes widened like a deer's,
frozen with the knowledge that at that moment,
control was no longer in your grasp,
and it might be your undoing.

i saw your hands trembling
as they tried to gather every loose strand into place.
you needed things to be perfect,
needed them to be alright,

and i don't think this was about a hair malfunction at all.

i understand that there's something to be said
for being put-together;
after all, it's probably nice to look in the mirror,
proud of what you've accomplished.

and in the two seconds that you came undone,
you were scared.
vulnerability feels like coming just short of a handhold.
but holy crap,
i don't think i've ever seen something
so beautiful
as you.
Wow. This is totally out of my comfort zone. /nervous /excited
It was inspired by Ness's piece, ramble #1. Okay, that's not exactly true. I saw how beautiful her "messiness" was in that piece and decided to write a piece about "that" (the quotes are because I had no real idea what I was inspired by in the moment). /lh So somewhere along the way, this became a poem/diary entry from the perspective of a guy who likes this girl named Emily and a moment he noticed. I'm getting Evan Hansen vibes but also maybe the guy from Stargirl (which I haven't actually read or watched but he feels right). She's this straight-A student who probably has some sort of gifted child syndrome (but I don't think she's figured that out yet).
I suddenly want to write a book about them that's like like Serendipity and Me (super underrated btw) where it's a novel but written with the format of a poem the whole way through (if that makes sense /uncertain /lh). That's almost definitely never going to happen, but this might become a series of poems.
Also, this took a lot longer to write than I expected it to, especially choosing her name for some reason. (Dmoral the name poetry is contagious apparently)

honestly- please make this into a poetically written novel!

WOW! This was absolutely amazing!!! "control was no longer in your grasp,
    and it might be your undoing." was just wow! And the ending, so romantic! The whole thing was so thought-provoking though! Omg, I've read Stargirl and yes definitely- this totally feels like that! also thank you so much for referring me to Eden and Anisa- they're so sweet!!

• Tachi

y4578wuiejrjdfnbgryhgewu3ijqwesdfkj- KEYBOARD SMASHHHH!!!! I LOVE THIS =- I am in love with this piece now- How can I have only found this now- You are a QUEEN!

I know I liked this on the other site, but it deserves another one. I still love the sweet beginnings of love you write about in this piece.

oh oh this-

how did i miss this?!

• abi's pov

ma'am- the pacing of this? immaculate. you absolute queen, this is an amazing concept and ugh, the writing- you are so talented. <3

• Jj101

Re: Thanks! I’m on an iPad, idk why it worked but it did so yay!

gosh this is beautiful and really relatable. also choosing names is sooo difficult XD idky but it seems like that is the hardest part of writing lol

• V-Rose

Here's Chapter 19 of Never Really Real!

This is amazing! It's kind of eye-opening for me that I can relate to her... I really like this though! I really hope this becomes a poem series!

• SamRose

Re: Yay!

• ANSON REYNOLDS

omgosh thanks :)

• ANSON REYNOLDS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA I AM SO HERE FOR THIS- and pls pls pls pls PLS as a person who has obsessively listened to Dear Evan Hansen and read Stargirl, like, twice, but in my soul I literally have it memorized, PLEASE don't make the guy Evan, make him Leo (the stargirl guy) or somebody better than them-- idk, I'm picturing football + nice guy, but is like wayyyyyyy out of her social realm, so like, he has to figure out how to approach her + why he likes her and all that. A non Zac Efron troy? But translate basketball for football. Anywayyyyyyy point is I LOVE THIS and will you notify me if you write more? Because I am SO HERE to geek over it :))

• psithurism

re: Oh my goodness, thank you so much! The advice, encouragement, reassurance, your words mean a lot to me. I am glad you liked my piece! Your tips and compliments have made me feel proud and supported. :)

• psithurism

Oh my, this is wonderful Anne!

• Emily Jasmine

I love the way you discussed the ideas of perfection and vulnerability here, it’s so well written <3

On a side note, I think you did a great job of choosing her name haha