useless :)

hi!
idrk what i'm doing but
14 :)
pisces
est 1/22/21

scribble chums with Starlitskies, em wilder, and remi'sgotinkstains
go check them out, they're amazing writers :)

"Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world."- Anne Shirley
"Thank you for your consideration."- Katniss Everdeen
"Great, we're all bloody inspired."- Newt

thank you so much for 100 followers!! :)

have a great day everyone!

aurora borealis

15
lost.
my compass, so intricately crafted, is splintered.
shards dispersed and drifted along with the wind,
i am but their shadow, painted in quick strokes and dried
before i could merely attempt to free myself.
they are dropped, gently, though cushioned by a mere illusion,
as this place is not found between the rough edges
of parchment or the swirls of ink confined to a map.

naive.
i hastily fumble with the cheap guide sold to me
at one of life's lively intersections. absent minded,
i am left with a simple paper cut. i bathe in the echoes of my past,
pinning my hopes with them, yearning to ease my pain.
they are distant memories, which barely escape my grasp,
and whisper of lemonade summers.
i am foolish. they only seep into my skin, 
the sting of citrus a merciless torment to the wound.

broken.
my patience withers away, blinded by ignorance
away from unfathomable notion that i could ever heal. 
i tear my guide apart, ever so oblivious to the fragile pieces
of myself that i am ripping away along with it.
the tiny pieces of paper start to fly, joining shards of
my compass in the ether. they become my own
northern lights, dancing in startling hues of splendor,
though only a taunt to my feeble mortality.

now comes regret.

i'm kinda lost...ironic considering part of this piece but my mind's just been blank for the past week in regards to writing, i wasn't sure why but i assume it's writer's block? it's frustrating, but hopefully it'll pass soon. i managed to get this out today, not great but it's something...i intended to portray a different idea in each stanza, and have them all connect. sorry for the unannounced hiatus, i've been busy with school, and extracurriculars, and uh youtube hehe. and the writer's block. first time i've gotten it and it sucks, also idrk if the title is fitting, it mostly comes into place with the last stanza but any other ideas?

1

• ArtisticCatbird2020

Wow. I saw the footnote; I assure you this is incredible. You did a great job of connecting the ideas in each stanza while not making them too dependent on each other (any of these stanzas could be a standalone poem, but they're much more powerful together).

I kinda agree with your comment on the title... it makes sense, but I feel like it's too much of a stretch...? Not by much, though. (I don't have any suggestions, sorry. :( )

RE: Hahaha, yeahhh, we’ll see how long that groove lasts but it’s cause I’ve been forcing myself to write 2000 words a day lolll (minus the first day where I wrote only like 500 cause I wasn’t sure if I wanted to do it yet)! But thank you!
    And aww thank you so much, you’re so sweet!! Haha, I’m using an email I had to make for something which isn’t my default email either. I’m literally shocked at everyone who wants to help (and loll I can’t believe people even clicked on that post if I hadn’t already told them cause the title is just so warning! XD but I’m so glad you did!) Also I just added you! Thank you so much! <3
    HAHA, that email isn’t even that cringy- especially compared to some of my usernames on like Animal Jam and Roblox! And ooh, I will respond to our conversation soon but for now I’ll just say, I went to the ice lolly thingy and awwww your name is so pretty!!

This piece is stunning and I loved reading it!

• Avril

Ohh this is so beautiful.

• Starlitskies

'not great'?!?!? No way am I going to let you say that about this masterpiece!
    "i am but their shadow, painted in quick strokes and dried
    before i could merely attempt to free myself." - The meaning behind these words are so deep and resounding.
    "life's lively intersections." - I love this phrase. <3
    "northern lights, dancing in startling hues of splendor, " - Definitely my favourite line. :)
    Ah yes, I understand how life steals you away from writing now and then—happens to me too often, haha. But it's always gratifying to return to it. It's cool that you have a YouTube channel; I've always wanted to have a channel of my own, but I don't think now is the right time for me. I actually like the title, so I'm gonna say don't change it, but it's entirely up to you. :)
    Re: That beach sounds lovely. And I guess you're right, I should actually try swimming one of these days. And yes, I'll definitely look out for the green flag. It's ironic how the ocean can be so deadly for being something so beautiful.

• nolongeractive

This is gorgeous and the title really stands out! Great work!

Wow! I love this so much! "ever so oblivious to the fragile pieces
    of myself that i am ripping away along with it." and the ending were sooo powerful! I love how you wrote this whole story in such few words and it was beautiful! RE: sorry for the super late response but omg awww, you're soo sweet! Your comment totally brightened my day!

• halle_cj

if it's cool with you, i've come up with a sort of prompt idea if you'd be willing, and it might help with your writer's block. i challenge you to take down note of different thoughts you find yourself having throughout a whole day and make a piece about your inner monologue. just something I thought might be cool :)
    re: thank you! remember you are worth so much more than your messy room xo

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

awww I'm sorry! I get what you mean, these past couple weeks have been really rekjfbwehfiweyr
    also I noticed you're at 69 followers........oof ]:
    lemme fix it :D

• Minvra

Re: of course it's okay! That's how people create things.

• Nikki

re: wow, florida. a math/science program sounds so cool! haha
    omg!!! i totally agree.. even i randomly start laughing!! haha. my friends think im truly crazy. its like i get sudden bursts of adrenaline, and have no where to send them.... so i laugh.
    woah, in front of a teacher? i cant believe how that could have gone ;)
    also if somebody was laughing like this girl well..... i would just be very very worried.
    ummm so here, we dont switch schools. i mean, we're in school till tenth grade. then we do our 11th, 12th and lastly we have college.
    our 11th and 12th depends on which field you take. i wanna do medical :)
    this is mostly cuz my mum is a doctor. so my love for it was from the very start.
    well, i think thats all on my part! have a nice day/night1

re: yes....time really flies by. it seems only last week i was 16! (jk my bday was a little over a week ago). but seriously--time flies and the future comes fast. i constantly have to remind myself this is only a moment in my life and the stress and struggles i am facing will seem so trivial compared to the rest of my life. i have to enjoy learning and growing and not see it as a burden or responsibility as a thing to fear. and now im the one rambling lol
    also re/re: no worries! i appreciate you taking time to read my stuff...it doesnt matter if you do it quickly/immediately. the fact that you read it means a lot.

• ☃︎ KatelynsCupcakes ☃︎

Re: "I Am Who I Am; I Am Unique, And So Are You" Hi! Thanks for for your kind words on my draft, I'm glad to hear it really meant something to you, and thanks for your warm welcome to the WtW community! Happy writing!

• Nikki

ooh! i just uploaded a new piece do let me know if you like it!

• Nikki

re: yay! haha i hear you. procrastinating is actually one of the many things a excel at ;)
    ooh! yay again! which high school are you looking at ? i know i wont know any but i still enjoy listening about it :)
    also, may i ask which state you stay in?

• Nikki

re: oh. my. god. that sounds terrible :( gosh i cant even imagine running into a large crowd of people while panicking the heck out. im so sorry for it. also its really great if it passed quickly. i didnt even tell my mum about my lil 'episode'
    anyways, im really sorry for replying late. school got super busy cuz my grades came out!! yay! are your exams over yet?

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Great piece!
    Re: Don't apologize for the long paragraph I read it all :D Also, yes, it's sad that there's even a contest for that :( And I hope in the future that will change, and don't worry I've ranted to my brother and sister many times, they're like mini feminists already XD Yes, ranting is not bad!! I love that you agree with my points and enjoyed the piece! I'm glad you'll be reading the series (the first person for it will be coming out sometime today, so stay tuned!)

• barelybear

Okay ice cream
    1. Anything with fudge/choc chips/crunchy toffee things
    2. A really fresh fruity sorbet, like strawberry or mango or lemon
    3. Honeycomb, chocolate, clotted cream those kinda rich sweet ones
    Ahh I love ice cream!

• barelybear

Nooo I need a cookie! I literally am going to live on cookies and pastries when I am older! Yea these conversations are really random, but fun :D

• barelybear

Ahhh no you’ll make my mouth water! I’m just about to eat my bagel. Gah old bread doesn’t quite live up to a fresh croissant. The butter!

• remi'sgotinkstains

do you have a youtube channel or just busy watching youtube?

• remi'sgotinkstains

stunning, bella. just stunning, my scribble chum.

• aaliyahh

this is so beautiful wow. i'm in love with this piece!!

• barelybear

Re: haha definitely a read-all-in-one and feel massively guilty you haven’t done any work afterwards kind of book :D
    Man going to France in summer!! I literally can’t wait to go back. I think I’ll take a gap year or do a year abroad at uni there. I love France way too much!
    (You can eat sugary pastries for breakfast and idk whether that or lucky charms is better :p)

• barelybear

Re: AHHHH CODE NAME VERITY! I LOVE IT SO SO MUCH!!
    And Paris is amazing! I think it’s slightly easier for us in Britain to go, because we can just hop on the Eurotunnel or a ferry. You don’t even need a plane. That being said, it was so so amazing! Everything is beautiful when it’s in another language. (And lmao I need lucky charms to get me through starting school again haha. I love the little rainbows and the clovers ah why can’t we have high sugar cereals?)
    Wow everything you write is so gorgeous! The emotion and the depth of these metaphors is so beautifully-crafted. You have the most amazing mature tone. I love this!

re: oof i feel that. procrastination is the worst enemy yet i have yet to learn my lesson XD
    chapter 30 has all of the chapter links so i suggest starting there. if you like adventure/scifi/dystopian/war stories than this is the one for you lol
    i'd love to hear what you think of the story if you ever do read it (no pressure tho--ik its a lot)

gosh this is breathtakingly beautiful <3 wow