Parisienne

18
Scorpio
Daydreamer, writer, artist and traveller
Coffee addict
Dreaming of Paris

TRIGGER WARNING - this poem discusses loss, death and sickness. It's as a metaphor for fading love but I really don't want anyone being upset by my work.
I am so sorry for any losses you have experienced be it that the person is still alive or gone. Losses of friendships, pets, loves, family members or relationships are all painful to survive. I am here if you want to talk to someone or just share your own losses.
Take care and have a great day <3

Sorry for your loss

15
It's illegal to mourn breakups
they tell you 'you'll move on'
or 'there will be other fish in the sea'
yet it's different with death
perhaps it's the finality
but the two are so similar
that I find it ironic
you wait for a miracle 
as the bond begins to rot
trying to resuscitate 
a connection that's long gone
yet when you finally turn off life support
nobody allows you to mourn
the only black you're allowed to wear
is a tight mini-skirt
as your friends drag you out for tequila shots
saying how 'you were out of his league anyway'
But
what I really want to say
when you sink into bed
with a tear-stained face
remembering being hunched over
in a plastic chair
clutching a paling fragment of hope
their hand feeling lost in yours
as your relationship drew it's last breath
is
I'm sorry for your loss

This is my own personal experience of fading love (I am sorry that I write such depressing things everyone). He isn't gone, he's still alive out there (probably with a girl who doesn't write so much sappy poetry lol) but I feel like he's irretrievably gone from the world. Or my world, at least.

• February 26, 2021 - 6:01am (Now Viewing)

lol, read my bottom comment first and my top one next- for some reason WTW, kept not letting me post them so now it's in a wacky order!

Aww of course and hahaha! Aww thank you! And haha, yeah it is fun but my absolute favourite trip was when we went to the English countryside! It’s so gorgeous and inspirational!! (plus, I’m lucky they don’t live in downtown London because there doesn’t always have the nicest smell and it’s so crowded haha!)
    Hahah, yeah I have a little orca necklace form that trip as a souvenir! You should definitely see them if you ever get to come (although the boat is very cold!!)
    Hahaha!! I’m glad you loved it and “idiot child” lollll
    And aww, every time you say “bless” I got to re-read everything again in a British accent instead of the deaf Canadian one my brain registers lol!
    Hahah yes! Oooh you know what I tried today that was sooo different from what I normally have. It was a small unsweetened mocha flavoured iced coffee made with almond milk (loll, I neveeer have orders that complex but I wanted an iced coffee from Tim Hortons- it’s like THE Canadian drinks/donut shop and I searched it up because I remember there was an option for sweetened or unsweetened and I wanted to try unsweetened because I’d had so much sugar that day and I drink normal coffee and tea without sugar and anyways then there were a whole bunch of variations you could have so I decided to do all of them and I thought it was going to taste bad but OH MY it was soooo delicious!! I LOVED IT!!
    Yes, the layout of Paris is so idyllic! oooh nice to know and yes it is a beautiful language! Aww thank you! I hope you get to visit again soon, and visit Canada, and you know what, make that a full round trip round the world!
    Thank you!! You too and no worries at all! Keep on studying and getting those “A Stars” (what weird terminology! just say “A plus”!!! XD)
    Thank you! Have a great day and Easter holiday!!
    Nyla <3

This is so emotional. I love the descriptions throughout and how there's sometimes rhymes. It really is very true though, anytime anything ends, it's scary. "clutching a paling fragment of hope" was my favorite part. This is so short but you manage to encompass a lot and give depth. I love how you worked in dialogue so well and the comparing of death throughout (like with the black miniskirt) was just so clever. Aww, I'm really sorry for your breakup and I know you wrote this a while ago so I hope you're feeling better now!

RE: Awwww thank you so much Becca! That means a lot, and I’m so glad you think I addressed it well :))
    Aww no worries at all!! I hope you’re studying well and I know (and will pray) that you’ll do sooo awesome!! And thank youuu! I’m doing really well!! I got to take some much needed hikes this Easter weekend with my family! What about you? I hope you’re balancing studying with relaxing.

oh this is so sad and so true. wow. ive never had a breakup (or bf for that matter) but i can see the pain behind these words. your metaphor of life support is perfect. wow. beautiful writing...so heartfelt

• Abrianna

re: thanks!
    This is terribly true, and it's going on in my life right now, well not mine but someone very close to me and its so hard. And I practically do say 'sorry for your loss' and I'm sorry for you. <3 And just saying depressing things are comforting to write because it gets your hurt out in plain words, never enough, but still something..
    And off topic but I like your F. Scott Fitzgerald quote, I really like his work of course. <3

• Dragonfly

This is really great! You make a good point and I agree. Also your choice of words is wonderful!
    You don't have to apologize for writing something not so happy or uplifting! I'm glad you wrote this, it's creating a new perspective!

• Zirong

"the only black you're allowed to wear
    is a tight mini-skirt"

"clutching a paling fragment of hope
    their hand feeling lost in yours"

These lines hit so hard. NO your poems are not sappy at all!!! I love how they are all so well-crafted and profound, sad but at the same time inspirational :) <3

re: Your lovely words make my day tooooooo :D
    Yea my mom has a very young heart, but that's also the main reason why we always argue about little things XD
    Awww your encouragement really warms my heart! You were so nervous but you still went on your own -- that just shows you are really brave! Your words really assure me, but I don't think I'll go for it in the near future -- maybe I'll try during my gap year!(oh all these just make me look forward to my gap year more aww)
    Omg I can't imagine getting a tongue stud XD I saw that in photos -- it looks really cool but painful as well. Is she okay now?
    School is getting really busy for me haha, because we're going to take our March Common Test soon(sort of like an earlier mid-term) We have a 9-day break before that but honestly it's not really a break(just more time to do self-revision :() I plan to take one or two days out to truly take a rest(definitely gonna publish more pieces on this site XD) before I bury myself under tons of revision materials *sigh*
    Anyway, I'm really glad to know that you are going back to college soon as you've wished! Yea I totally understand your feelings -- I was super nervous when I went back to school after lockdown ended. I think everyone will be nervous so it's perfectly fine! And no worries, things will go well :) Hope you have an enjoyable term ahead!
    *hug × 100*

Zirong :3 <3

• Lizzie R

Re: Of course :))
    That's so true motivation is not very present right now lol Thank you :)) Take your time there is no rush :) Maybe, it all depends on the company I'm with lol If I'm with four of my best friends then no doubt we'll be all over ahahaha
    Take care Becca :))

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: ik! Stay tuned for more :) No problem!

• gabimarie

re: I work for a magazine nonprofit called Geaux Girls! we run a magazine that published issues three to four times a year. we're mainly focused on empowering women and the LGBTQ+ community locally.

• gabimarie

re: thank you! ikr, vanilla lattes are so freaking overrated! i hope one day you get to go to Paris :)

• Starlitskies

Omg this is so heart-wrenchingly beautiful! The ending is so powerful and makes for an apt title! Brilliant!
    As for the footnotes, to paraphrase, it's his loss. He's missing out on an amazing writer, who writes brilliant poetry and is undeniably a beautiful person! <3
    Re: Aww thank you! Sri Lanka is beautiful! And yes, you should visit soon! It’s awesome that you’ve tried Sri Lanka tea, glad you liked it! :D
    Oh yeah, that’s true about a boyfriend haha, but it does suck sometimes. Actually, it’s kinda considered taboo in Sri Lanka to have a boyfriend before you’re done with school. I know, it’s crazy! So most of the young people in relationships walk on eggshells lol. I go to an all girls school so either way I don’t have too many guy friends.
    And yes, I’ve seen elephants in real life. Actually, there’s an elephant orphanage in Sri Lanka, in a place called Pinnawala. I definitely recommend visiting it if you come to Sri Lanka. And the beaches! Do not miss the beaches! XD
    Oooooh, where you live sounds beautiful! And no wonder the British seaside is lovely! I keep having this picture in my head of a small, brick cottage by the sea and drinking tea in the afternoon, and reading books by the fire! <3
    It’s awesome that you’ve visited a lot of UK! Have you ever visited Venice? It’s been on my list since forever! It sounds like such a magical place!!
    Hope you’re doing well. Sending much love! <3

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Speechless. I'm sorry your breakup was so rough, I know this is clique but you deserve better! The piece is beautiful though! <3

• Lizzie R

This is beautifully sad, I'm so sorry you experienced such a rough breakup. You're amazing so it's his loss Becca
    Re: I wish! That would have been soooo much better. My grades slipped because I've had like no motivation to do things well. It's okay though because I'm getting back on track and I have my phone back now :))

• barelybear

Aw man this is so sad. I love the parallels you’ve drawn aghhh. The emotion feels so raw and real!

Yeee I’m pretty hyped to go back to school finallyyyyyy. I’m nervous about exams, but at least now they’ve scrapped the program thing and we’re just going on teacher grades :)
    But I literally won’t be able to talk to anyone bc this has drained the last of my social skills (I actually watched a YouTube on how to have charisma the other day oh dearry). And getting up in the morning to catch the bus is not going to be great ahah. And not being able to go on my phone during lessons/sneak out for a quick biscuit.
    Omg your name is Becca? My irl bf is called Becca. It’s literally a sign. I don’t think she can write this well though lmao.
    Have a great day in the sun! <3
    Ellie

• Just_A_Memory

“I’m sorry for your loss” at the end hit really hard. ;-;