Dmoral

♕ | she/her | est. 2018
summer hiatus coming soon.

bi, multiracial, mixed, adopted, female aka minority is my middle name.

but hey, LGBTQ+ rights am i right?!?

there will never be a word or words to properly title this

19

i'll never tell you, i miss you; 'cause,
i can't give in. still, wondering becomes begging;
tell me, do you ever think of me? or the pretending,
i struggled to wear, so you'd accept me pretentiously.

whispering winds beckon your call; a body that aches,
for a pleasantry, it's never known at all. cradled beneath
new beginnings: bloodied histories & star fallen tragedies.
she held your hand; he touched your soul; they knew hearts,
before you had ever known yours at all. split end eternities,
choose the wrong silver lining means instant regretting.

a heartbreaking story? waking up,you're not there.

bitten lips, scarred memories; fears aren't ghosts, they're hauntings,
echoes in cadavered souls. so life fell upon, uneven shoulders; where
hearts are caged inside, these things we call bodies; spirits cry when
held far too long. they told me, we're embracing built-in destinies; i cried,
asked if painting my name as fate would be an okay thing. results are,
astounding: mockery isn't fickle, it's a cruel cursing.

so hidden between clocks, folded between bits of time; sits a girl
desiring more, instead gifted forged contracts, the world forced signing,
& left her chewing on leftover happy endings.

now, imagine her uprising.
oh boy, here it goes. i've been on this site for roughly 3 years (wow, that sounds crazy to me). and there was definitely a lot of growing and changing that happened here, but most importantly, out there *points to the world*. and honestly? i've been personally struggling with this...this thing i'm going to terms with. if you been here for my writing journey, or at least seen parts of it, you've might expect this. honestly, i kind of did. but nevertheless, it doesn't make anything less hard. that's why i'm writing this out, it helps me vocalize. and my partner/s.o, he's been so supportive and i've leaned on him so much, yet, it's time i step out of my shell. first order of business? here, because this is partly where i started my writing journey and because the people, the amazing writers i've met here, they've helped me in ways they'll never know. so here it is: i'm bi.

woah, it's going to take me a while to get used to saying/writing that but honestly? it's almost...freeing.

i've read a lot of coming out pieces but, it hits different when it's your own. so here it is, a vulnerable piece of my soul laid out for part of the world.

1

I love your new pfp /tentative /friendly

• pyrrhic

i can’t believe i missed this. but i’m also so glad that i caught it. wow. this piece was just so impactful and i’m not ashamed to say it made me emotional. i am so happy that you feel comfortable enough in this community and in yourself that you came out. as someone a part of the LGBTQ+ community, welcome! you will always be accepted here. you are valid. i know we haven’t really interacted much on this sight, but i’d like you to know that i’m still incredibly happy for you, these things aren’t easy, but you did it. remember that you shouldn’t change who you are to make other people comfortable. be who you are to make YOURSELF comfortable. if they can’t accept you, then you can send them to us >:]
    i hope you have a wonderful day, dmoral

• sci-Fi

wow. i can't believe i havent seen his until now.
    this is so gorgeous. i wish i could quote a certain part but it's just... all of it.
    i love this piece. i'm so happy that you've found yourself and that you're comfortable with saying who you are.
    so hey there bi sister ;D finger guns cuffed jeans and clear phone cases all the way

• nolongeractive

This is so pretty and simple yet relatable. I just love how emotional your writing it is, and how you pair it with so much simplicity. I cannot wait to see what you do next! I also really like your title, it was so impactful.

oh this is a brilliant piece...
    and your footnotes are so moving, it's wonderful that you're discovering yourself. the biggest mysteries are inside of us. it's confusing and weird to try and figure out who you are because isn't that the biggest question of all? luckily, we have a lifetime of learning and growing. so glad you're finding how to be comfortable in your skin :)
    all my love, like always!

• Odysseus

“So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” - Stephen Chbosky
    As long as you are happy. Truly. Brilliant piece. :)

• Reanimated

I'm proud of you. The first time is always the hardest, but I promise you that it gets easier with time. I don't know where you are on your journey, but I want you to know: this is not a mistake. You are not wrong to feel the way you do. People may say that you are, but it is not their place to force an identity on you. Who you are is yours and yours alone. It took me a while to realize that myself. And it may feel selfish! But having an identity at all is a selfish act, and every once in a while we all deserve to be a bit selfish.

I hope things start to look up for you, and if you ever need someone to talk to, just holler. :)

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

congrats, friend
    I'm so glad you've discovered yourself, I'm really happy for you
    I struggle with this too, I'm still figuring it out. am I bi? pan? straight and just feeling strong platonic feelings towards a friend of mine? it's difficult
    beautiful piece, congrats again <3