Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

I am a senior in high school. I have been on WTW since 8th grade. I am a Christian and am politically conservative. I believe that I can be friends and love anyone despite their beliefs. The world needs more love and encouragement, be that change.

Hey guys. My writing seems to be life lessons in a way because I have a tendency to write about struggles or love in my poems. My goal is to make sure no one feels alone because despite your circumstances or your issues I promise you people love you. You matter. God loves you. God wants what is best for you. If you ever need a support system message me on here. I know life is really hard right now but we are all fighters and we can get through this.
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"Shoot for the moon and if you miss at least you will land among the Stars"
-Harry Potter, Maze Runner, Divergent
-Workout obsessed

Some big doors will open soon

14
I never saw college as daunting
Until I got waitlisted to my dream school
The tears flowed in the dead of night for an hour
And to make up for my pain
Over and over again I was told 
"But you got into your second choice and got your major.
That was really competitive."
I know people tried to make me feel better
But my feelings are valid.
I have never wanted something so bad
And to see that word waitlisted broke my heart
How could I love a school and team so much that I have wanted to go there since age 10?
And them not love me enough to offer me acceptance
But only like me and offer a spot on the stagnant wait list.
My other colleges are great but they do not have my heart 
Like my top choice does
But then I chose a second top choice
And I got in
I was elated
But I didn't get enough money
My parents know I want it so badly
And they tell me they will call to see if we can do anything to get more scholarships
But I personally just hear yet another door shut in my face
I suppose I can go to my original second choice
And where everyone wanted me to go
Perhaps that is why I no longer want to go
I want to choose my own future not end up where everyone thinks I need to be
I write my own story
And try to follow God's plan
So as I sit here less exciting about college
I wait
To see what God will do
Because maybe just maybe
Some big doors will open soon

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

God has a plan for you. I’m here

Oh my! I’m so sorry! This is heartbreaking- I’m really sorry and yes, God does have a plan for you- you’re going to do great things in life :)) (p.s. in terms of writing, your last sentence is so powerful)

• books4life

I'm so sorry! God does have a plan and I can't wait to see where that goes for you!

• Tushar Mandhan

this is so sad...i really hope you get into your favourite college! all the best _/\_

• SamRose

Ooh I love it! And I am so sorry! I am only 15, but I already have a dream school, and I will be so sad if I don't get in. :( I'm sure you will do great anywhere, though! Good luck! You can do it!! :)

I'm with mindfruit, it'll get better, and I'm sure you and your talents will flourish wherever you go <3

• Renegade_Writer [ChildOfGod]

Hey, since you're a Christian writer, would you like to join my unofficial group? More info in my bio!

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: awwww! I’m so happy we can give back some support! :) you’re more than welcome, I’m happy to help! Have an awesome day! :)

• greentealeaf

Re: thanks for the warm welcome <3
    Also, love this! You captured your feelings so perfectly. Good luck in college :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

This is so beautiful but so sad.... you’re completely allowed to have feelings about this. But I agree with mindfruit who perfectly explained how God sometimes uses things that look like hardships to bless us and help us trust and rely on him. I’ve had it happen so much in my own life. But I’m here if you ever need to talk, and I’ll be praying for you.

• gabimarie (hiatus)

I am so sorry that this happened to you! I'm looking forward to this December, when I can apply to my colleges. I can't even imagine what I would do if I didn't get into my dream school.
    I think the best you can do right now is breathe. I know how utterly cliche that sounds, but I promise that it will help to focus on the good. I meditate and practice yoga everyday, and I always feel more centered. Call it chi, call it whatever you want, I think it might help with any anxiety and stress you might have.
    I hope you get in and are able to get enough in scholarships. Like you said, just trust and see where He leads you. Don't give up! The following paragraph is a quote that I look to whenever I need to refocus myself :)
    "If you are sad, cry. If you are happy, smile. If you have a problem, ask. If you are scared, close your eyes. If you are hurt, scream. If you want to give up, look at how much you have made."

• mindfruit (hiatus)

Oh no....I'm sorry this happened to you. I had similar experiences applying to middle school and high school, so I know the type of things you're feeling right now. But as you said in your poem, God has a plan for you. And sometimes we just need to all trust in that plan because it's going to get us to where He destined us to be. For example, I didn't get into my first pick for middle school, so I went to my second choice instead. And it was there that I found my best friend (F'Otter), and if it weren't for him suggesting I join a WtW writing camp, I wouldn't be on this site. So stay strong, stay positive, and just trust in God's plan, and things will get better :)
    Re: thank you! sorry to hear that, that must be tough. I hope you can spend more time with him in the future!

• Yellow Sweater

Oh I am so sorry you got wait listed. I was differed from me dream school and even though I wasn't expecting to get in, it still sucked. A wait list isn't a rejection though! good luck! Also have you checked out RaiseMe, its a great place to get micro scholarships.

I totally understand if you don't want to say, but I have to admit I am really curious which schools you are looking at. I am totally enmeshed in the process right now:)

• xx carolina xx

re: oh, no. i wanted updates. i'm talking about unwarranted ones.

• Livsnjutare

I am sorry that you got waitlisted for the college you wanted to go to! That must be tough, but remember that God is always with you and he will open more doors of opportunity for you. He has a plan for you!
    lots of love,
    kitten

• nolongeractive

This is so good; it really made me smile...also, if you have time, I would love it if you would check out my new song 'the farm' - had to reupload it because people were commenting negative things even though it was about my grandmother who passed away, you will understand when you read it.