barelybear

she/her, INFJ-A
musicals
fantasy/dystopian fiction
piano
life goal = becoming fluent in le français
☕️
est August 2020
community ambassador alum :D
They tell me I’m 16 but I’m sceptical
the squirrel is back!!

How was the flow?
And which bits do you think could do with more imagery.
And if you really really want to write a review, is it a bit cheeky to ask if you review my previous story, wouldn’t harm a fly (that’s directed at anyone who’s about to review this out of boredom, btw folks I don’t wanna be a pushy person ahah).

Thank you for reading :)

À l’avenir

PROMPT: Dream Big

5
Maybe it was just me, but when I was younger, I watched Horrible Histories with a disturbing devotion that many reserve only for their deities, or perhaps a lover. Every episode had me completely enthralled, from dancing skeletons, to slapstick skits, to all their utterly hilarious tv show and song parodies (if you don’t, know try finding their spin on the Beegee’s classic, Aztec’s ain’t stayin’ alive. You’re welcome :D).

Anyway, life moved on, and for my GCSEs, I took French, drama, history and music. They’re a pretty eclectic combination, and I’m still not completely sure why I chose the artistic route when I could have slogged my way through to a great mark in business or computer science. Oh, maybe for fun? 

It was during the lockdown, when I was busy doing that anxious academic thing of planning out my university interview in French instead of having normal shower thoughts, when I said it. 
J’espère d’inspirer quelqu’un. 
It sounds really pretty in French, but it’s just “I hope to inspire somebody.” 

And that’s what has stuck with me. Like how when I was a little bear cub, I grew to love history because of a TV show, I want to make something that will create that feeling for someone else. Pass it on, if you will. But what do I even need to study to become a Horrible Histories writer, or actress? 

Something else I have realised over time: everyone is different. We have all been shaped, moulded and generally just born to grow in an infinite amount of directions. So maybe my skill set and interests don’t fit for me to become a doctor, or a translator, or a museum curator. I can only know what I like, and use that to carve my own way in the world. 

Perhaps my love of writing and history will allow me to write some historical novels. Perhaps I will combine my interests in comedy and languages and become a multilingual comedian. Perhaps, after all my doubts, I will follow the paths of music and drama straight to Broadway or as a novelty party act (though if any of you have listened to my song writing recording, you might understand why that is unlikely). The point is, my aha moment was that the world is a wide, wide place. My thoughts and ideas have only partly shaded my future, which, in reality, is a much bigger picture. I just have to have faith that, with an open mind as my canvas and a splatter of dedication, it will reveal itself when I am ready. But for now...

I can do anything. 
Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk lmao 
this was a little spontaneous, but it felt food to get it down. 

1

I love this!! Like your dream is honestly so amazing and one I think of a lot too! Inspiration is the best thing ever! I mean, it lasts more than any material thing! And haha it does sound really pretty in french! Lucky for me I can say I knew the translation before reading it- the only use of my limited french knowledge! Good for you for doing french! The ending is awesome as well because it's so true- right now as teenagers, we have the opportunity to do whatever we want! And you communicated all your ideas really well- it's awesome how you set it up with how you came to your idea!
    RE: Awww thank you!!
    Of course!! It was well-deserved! And hahah! Loll and awww that’s soo cool!! Haha even better! Haha it looks fun! Ad omg haha loll yes, Victoria sponge is amazing! One time when I was making it, I put butter in the microwave (foil and all) to make it soft enough to measure it and it caught on fire LOL cause I’m that smart! Ooh I do use the Mary Berry recipe! Well one of hers anyways (I think she has two)! And ooh, what do you mean by that?
    (Re on my night piece): Awww thank you so much! I’m so glad you took the time to read it and enjoyed it! And hahah loll, no worries- I’m always scared that’s going to happen so that’s why I always comment before I like something lol- call me paranoid if you want- I prefer prepared :)
    And aww thank you!! You too!!!

• nolongeractive

This is so stunning, you have so much talent!

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

re: AH YES lucky charms! hmm, american foods... i have no idea what foods are only american. uh, gummy worms, regular and sour? yogurt covered pretzels? starbucks? chocolate chocolate chip muffins?
    any other british/european foods i need to try?

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

re: ahhh when i finally get over to europe (fingers crossed for someday, it's my dream) i shall have to try marmite. it must not exist in america, or be very obscure.

• JonesyL123

I love horrible histories! (I know the entire king charles the second rap hehe.) This is definitely very inspirational :)

• nolongeractive

This is so good; it really made me smile...also, if you have time, I would love it if you would check out my new song 'the farm' - had to reupload it because people were commenting negative things even though it was about my grandmother who passed away, you will understand when you read it.

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

re: thank you! i guess cause i've talked to him a lot, and he's a very open person, that i don't see him as just a cliche anymore (that just gave me song inspo). And it would be pretty awesome to give a TED talk, i think. but... what is marmite?

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

ok i really liked and related to this. an excellent TED talk XD and could def be a piece for a competition.