encapsulated_emotions

"i am out with lanterns, looking for myself" - ED
seventeen year old poet

i find it interesting that i incorporated a sense of panic into something that would be the best moment of my life. what are your thoughts?

my purpose and passion and the antidote to this perpetual state of punctuated pain

PROMPT: Dream Big

3
my eyes widened and my hands shook violently. 
"what. what. WHAT THIS IS NOT HAPPENING RIGHT NOW?"
the paperback that i was holding wobbled precariously, projecting a sly sense of "what is this woman on about?"
i felt like stepping into the stars and pressing them like flowers to save in my scrapbook. i felt like leaping towards the moon and collecting moon dust; i felt the moment fade into a "world renowned writer slips into insanity" headline.
but it was an occasion to rise to. i took a deep breath and coaxed the stars, patting them fondly.
 "bestseller... bestselling... my poetry?" my voice grew louder with each pause, and i gasped like a madwoman
"it can't be!"

i was content. my dog raised his head up at me and stared at me with his chocolate eyes. no champagne fizzled in glasses and no friends danced around me with wide smiles. i abruptly suffocated my phone underneath a sofa cusion and slowly opened the book, reliving it's magic for the millionth time. 

• February 25, 2021 - 4:02am (Now Viewing)

• Yellow Sweater

"i felt like stepping into the stars and pressing them like flowers to save in my scrapbook. i felt like leaping towards the moon and collecting moon dust" - Ah! brilliant! I felt carbonated reading this!

• barelybear

I love all of this, but especially the line ‘I felt like stepping into the stars and pressing them like flowers to save in my scrapbook.’ That was literally the most beautiful thing I’ve ever read! I think adding the sense of panic helps to give it a quirky twist, and also got me really immersed as a reader, straight away :)
    Have a great day!

• HeyThereRose

ahhh so good! i love the imagery and the way u set the scene bro
    this will become real!!! it shallll and i shall dance and chug champagne