Ellington Stone

Hi, I'm Ellington (a.k.a. Ellie)
She/Her 15
INFP & HSP
OLP, Grapheme-Color
#BLM
#loveislove
#feminism
Joined Feb. 2021
wlw
Current Obsession: Billie Eilish

Hey!

I LOVE to read & write & draw (Melanie Cellier, Wendy Mass, & Jillian Dodd) ...all that good stuff.

I mainly post things I've been playing around with, but I always appreciate feedback! Feel free to drop a comment or a review, it's always appreciated. If you ever want a review, I'd be happy to help. Just ask :>

I mostly write little poetry things, short stories, flash fictions, and some political commentary/mockery.

Thanks so much for the 150+ followers!!

Holding Back

14
You say you're mature,
You're not.
You say you're correct,
You're not.
You say you're independent,
You're not.

You say you know me, all of me.
I know you don't.

But I hold back anyway. I stay silent, letting you run your mouth. Words beg to be set free,
But my lips stay sealed.

It can't be helped.

1

Wow! I love this so much- I think I've already read it before, but looking down I think I forgot to leave a comment. Anyways, the "You're not" is so powerful and I love how instead of condemning people who can't speak up, you show that they literally just can't. And I think that was super sweet and gave an insight to those people RE: Awww, thank you so much!! My little sister was so happy to hear that! :)

• Minvra

The tone or mood of these words sounds like dull sharpness or anger. Like when someone says something blandly with calm features but under that skin their blood is boiling.

• Minvra

I wonder if this is the narrator talking to themself in a mirror. Certainly a food for thought. I don't think anyone but yourself knows every part of you, and learning who we are takes work.

• acsmith

This is a great poem! Keep up the good work!

• Mespotz

This is really relatable, I'm in this situation with my friend, lol. Great job!

• WrenBirdWrites

Wow, so much power in this! Re: thanks so much! I'm glad you like it :D

Hmm, I feel the anger coursing through this. It's a very intense poem and I kind of like that.

• gabimarie

re: aww thank you! im so glad you liked it!

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Aw thanks that means a lot! <3

• gabimarie

Re: thank you thank you for your comment on "everlasting" !! I'm so happy that you liked it! i also really like this!

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Also, yay! Do you want me to update you on it?

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Love this!
    Re: Thanks, that's what I was going for :)

• nolongeractive

Re: Thanks so much, that means a lot.

• ~Aurora~

Re: ty

• ~Aurora~

I love this! It flows so well = very well written. I also find what you're saying very interesting especially with the last part "Bur my lips are sealed, It can't be helped." Its so cool. Well done!

• BriRiley

I love this! I can relate!

• nolongeractive

This is really interesting, and the 'I can't be helped' at the end made my draw drop to the floor.