Just_A_Memory

14
Female (she/her)
LDS
Local Ambivert
Just Tired
INFP-T
Music Must-Have
Love Colorful Things
Currently Reading: The Book of Lost Things, Infernal Devices, Shatter Me

Hello Lovelies! Thank you so much for 225+ followers! It's insane how many of you I've had the chance to get to know. I LOVE YOU! I can't believe it has only been a year!

Well, I have exciting news! Busssy.Beee and I are doing a collaboration! We're so excited to share "As Fate Would Have Us" with you, and we hope that everyone is excited too! Let me or Yannie know if you'd like to be added/removed from the notif list.

Go check out the trailer!:
https://writetheworld.com/groups/
1/shared/203788/version/418460

I'm slipping, into the deep end
I'm in over my head, can't catch my breath
"Deep End" - Ruelle

Only in my Dreams | Bookshops

9
I smiled, running a hand through my dark hair, doing a little spin in my white knee-length dress with a large brown belt around my waist to accent my curves. I stood beneath a light in a bookshop, one of those old, yellow toned lights that set that aesthetic mood. Old, dust-covered books were stacked down the aisles, their worn pages filling the room with vellichor. Fairy lights are strung up along the shelves, adding a romantic mood to the shop. My fingers brushed the spines of novels along the middle shelf of the bookcase I stood by, reading the titles and grinning until I found the one I wanted. I gently pulled in out, afraid if I pulled to hard the cover would tear. 

"Which one is that?" 

I just smiled, opening to the table of contents. Two arms looped around my waist and a cheek was pressed against mine. 

"Beauty and the Beast?" He hummed, swaying side to side with me. "Are you trying to tell me something?"

"Nope," I said spinning around in his arms and resting my forearms on his shoulders, and clasped around the back of his neck. I stared up at him lovingly, lips twisting in an effort to hide my grin. He looked at me disbelievingly. I brushed a lock of hair from his forehead. "Okay, fine. We both know you're the beauty and I'm the beast," I teased, standing on my toes to press a light kiss to the tip of his nose. He followed me as I leaned back from him, resting his forehead on mine and laughing. 

"But I bought you a book shop."

"How do I know you didn't buy it for yourself and just hired me to decorate it?" I asked, giggling as he picked me up and swung me around, a sound something from his throat. "Was that supposed to be a growl?" I laughed until I was wheezing, leaning against him for support. "You really are the beauty in our story!"

"Hey!" He laughed with me, nuzzling my hair. "Brat," he whispered into my ear. I elbowed him lightly in the ribs, pulling away from him to put the book back on the shelf. Scanning the shelf once more, I found a good title on the top shelf. Standing on my toes, I reached up as high as I could and yanked it off the shelf, grinning triumphantly at him. He looked at the cover and smiled. "Really? Where the Red Fern Grows? How many times have you read that now?"

"Don't judge me, Mister. Just because I'm read it a hundred times doesn't mean it's any less of a great story."

"Yes, but you cry every time!"

"That just goes to show how beautiful it is!" I argued, narrowing my eyes at him. "And you act as if you've never cried over it."

"I only cry because I hate seeing you cry." He grunted, reaching around me to tug another book off the shelf. "How about we read..." He looked at the title and scrunched up his nose. "What is this?"

I peered at the cover and shrugged. "A Weasel in my Meatsafe." 

"Yeah, but.. What's it about?"

"I've never read it," I said, walking to the front of the shop where a Lovesac and a bunch of fluffy blankets waited for me. 

"Want to read it to me?" he asked, following me.

I looked up at him, bewildered. "You want to read it?"

"I don't see why not," he said, shrugging.

"Okay. Remember that this was your choice! How much even is this book? I've never seen it before."

He pulled out his phone and after a moment, his eyes went wide. "Love, it's pricey."

"How pricey?"

"Like, a thousand bucks."

"WHAT?"

"You and I better see if it's really worth it and write a review," he said, lips twisting. "This book is a gem, and you better keep it protected."

He and I shared a look, and I pressed my lips together, keeping my eyes wide as I walked to the shelf behind the counter. "We're not reading this."

"What? Why?"

"Because I don't want to," I whined. "One, it doesn't look interesting. Two, I'm terrified of tearing it!"

"Fine, fine. Can we please read something else but Where the Red Fern Grows?"

"I don't understand what you have against it," I muttered. "But okay. Only if you buy lunch."

I smiled up at him, dancing away as he rolled his eyes, but I knew he was smiling when I turned around. "Only if I get to pick the place!" he called after me.

"Fine by me!"

1

• SamRose

I love this!! :)

• Ava Marie

This is so good!! And the descriptions are phenomenal!!

• Busssy.Beee

oh yess! these interactions are just so cute and adorable!! <3 and their little snickering is just so fun to watch (or read about :P) <3

Let me just say, the descriptions you used here are so so good, and the way this flowed is so perfect and so cute aww!!

Hi!! I saw your comment and it really made me smile. Thank you for that. Also I wrote more to my story and it would be so cool if you took a look. ALSO PLEASE CHECK THE MESSAGE BOX! I WROTE ABOUT YOU! <3
    https://writetheworld.com/dashboard#community

• (sk)eyesofocher

....WHY DOES SUCH AMAZING LOVE KEEP HAUNTING ME IN THIS WAYYY
    I love ittttt

• xx carolina xx

re: Oh no. You're fine. I think you're a very respectful person.

• By Any Other Name

In other new LOVE the piece!! It has such a homie feel that's delightfully smooth and comforting.

• By Any Other Name

So you probably don't recognize me, I'm Anne's brother and apparently because I liked your "It was you all along" series (the first 3 idk if there were more) I can still view them and all the comments. I can save them somewhere are give the to you somehow if you'd like.

• BriRiley

Re: Ikr? It the worst!! :(