anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (rosi)

Child of God
logophile
athletic nerd

Female
Soph.

one day at a time, one smile, one choice.
let's be kind. let us not tire of doing good. let us extend forgiveness and mercy when we want revenge.
:)
<3

Letters on Kindness

6
Dear Anemoia (#words),

"Kindness begins with understanding we all struggle." Charles Glassman

If you've never heard of Charles Glassman, I'd venture to say that you're in the majority. He's an author and an MD, from my one minute of Google research./lh  I came across him as I was looking for was a quote on kindness./g
    Kindness is easy when it's for those you care about. It's a nice idea to slip a note in someone's backpack or on their nightstand, and it's not that hard. It's not hard to smile at people you enjoy being around or to tell someone to have a good day when you're in a cheery mood.
    But what about kindness when you don't feel like it? When you're angry, irritated, or just apathetic and exhausted? Sometimes, acts of kindness are not what you do or say, but what you don't do or say./srs  Others will probably never know how close you came to saying or doing something in the heat of emotions, but you know. And you know that the willpower you exercised to restrain yourself was monumental—but it was worth it. 
    It's even easier to get consumed with in-the-moment frustration when you're not communicating in person or video calls. No one can see you; they don't know what you're thinking or expressing with your face and body. So all they have to be able to understand you is your typed words. Like the words you're reading now./srs  
    I hope this letter finds you well and helps you grow and learn. Learn from my mistakes. After all, you know that everything I've said above comes from experience. Trial and error, crash and burn.
With love,
Past You

Dear Past Me,
    Darling, I know I'm guilty of sending the wrong message (literally)./hj  I'm sure my intentions have been misread and that I've hurt or offended some people. I am deeply sorry to those people. I want to always help, encourage, and uplift everyone. Sometimes help does come in the form of constructive criticism, as it must, but any other comments I've made, I hope they reflected only good intentions./srs
    I really liked that quote you found. It's odd to think of you being me, but in the past. Actually, I'd better stop thinking about it before my brain short-circuits./j
    I want to thank you for helping me see my shortcomings. May I spread kindness continually. Your letter made me realize how much words really do matter. From now on, I strive to run my words through the filters I learned in elementary school: Is it kind? Is it necessary? Is it true?
Much thanks,
Anemoia

Is it kind? Is it necessary? Is it true?

• Tushar Mandhan

ah writing letters.....a lost art!
    also re: i just remembered how late i replied and i'm so so so sorry. i don't even remember why but i didn't open internet for many days. i guess that chapter that i was studying was very intriguing :P

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aw, thank you! :) Have a great night!

Re: Yes, my bestie's quite hilarious at times :v

• Parisienne

This is so sweet!! Aww what an adorable concept!
    re: Thank you :)

Re: You're welcome! Yeah, I think pieces like these can benefit from them. :)

• nolongeractive

Re: OMG YES!!!!!!! - and I love la, half of my hometown, homecoming queen?, hole in the bottle, Peter Pan, Yeah Boy, and love and hate!! And I really love Skin, Thumbs, and Smoke and Fire by Sabrina. Also, my favorite song from Taylor is definitely exile (with Bon Iver) and also love epiphany, no body, no crime (feat. HAIM) and I really like willow and for reputation, I love Getaway Car, Gorgeous, Delicate and Call It What You Want

Ooh this is really interesting. Quite a good read. /g
    And the tone indicators made me so happy! I did a little happy shimmy actually /joyful
    For anyone wondering what the /'s with letters were, please take the time to read this: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/220294/version/461448
    It will help make WtW an even better place. /g /lh

• nolongeractive

YES I LOVE KELSEA, SABRINA AND TAYLOR! Skin, Half of My Hometown, and Love Story (Taylor's Version) are incredible.

• nolongeractive

Re: Thanks so much, I really like to write more sad and meaningful; music very similar to Billie Eilish and Noah Cyrus.

• nolongeractive

Re: Your review is done and will be coming your way soon!!!

• nolongeractive

Re: Hi!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH - and, no, I actually really appreciate you checking in on me - it means a lot, and I am doing way better. I took down some pieces because of some rude comments but I will be reuploading today! Thanks again!

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

Re: Yes it is a series about my life. I will need suggestions on what to write about when I run out of ideas lol