Writing4Life

#BLM
Welcome to my profile!
Ruth/Star
14
Girl
Christian ✞
Homeschooled
ENFP-T
Actor
Writer/Poet (duh)
Equestrian
Singer
Pianist
Warrior Cats 4 Life ♡
Beach Lover ^^
Learning le Français ~u~
Want a review? Just ask!

Well this is a very weird piece. I wasn't planning on using this prompt, since I never actually had a AHA moment. As I said, wanting to be an actor just grew on me until it's all that fills my mind. I was considering writing about wanting to be a lifesaver (volunteer lifeguard), which I'm planning on doing this/next year, but that's not what I want my career to be. (even though I did have a aha moment for that lol) Anyway enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy *sanity waves goodbye*

my sanity disappears like my dreams

PROMPT: Dream Big

12
It wasn't a spark,
It wasn't a see-the-light moment.
It was gradual,
Slowly building up in my mind,
But the best things have the most time invested in them.
When the thought popped up,
I'd chew on it for a couple days. 
Maybe I'd forget about it for a couple days,
And then it would shove itself in my face,
And I'd be lost in the whirlwind,
Of wanting to be on the screen,
Lights, cameras, everything I dreamed of,
Appearing and disappearing,
Just like my sanity.
False hopes,
Spring up like daisies,
Then are buried under six inches of doubt.
But it stays.
No matter what I think I can't do,
It's still there.
I won't give up on me.
Btw I repeated the "couple days" bit on purpose ;) Just so ya know.

• Awesome Sienna

Re: That's good.

• Awesome Sienna

Great job Ruth! I like it! ;D

• barelybear

Okay definitely message box
    I think Writing4Life: The Adams to my King George is pretty cute :D
    Ah I’m excited! I’ll put mine in now (you’re probably asleep lel but in like 24h we’ll be good haha)

• Draco Malfoy

This is great! Love it a lot!

i loved the piece, and then i loved the footnotes XD

• Avril

Wow this is really cool! I love the way you communicate the FEELING of having a dream even more than the actual dream you have. It makes it so relatable!

• barelybear

Hmm something in me does kinda relate to an insane British monarch who sings twisted love songs haha. And if you wanna be that little guy who spoke to me (ahhh I could do many more of these quotes).
    Wait does this mean the search is finally over? *dramatic nostalgia*

• Avril

Re: Thanks! And yes I am! I see you are too :)

• barelybear

Yesss I love “the Adams to my King George” !!
    Peggy to my Maria lelll
    So if we did the first one, do you have a preference of being kg or A? Unless we both word it the same way.

Ahah I was such a lucky ducky I want to live there when I am older ahhh. It is so amazing there!
    Ahah I loved Enid Blyton! I really wanted to go to boarding school lmaoo. Gah you have to read the Harry Potter series. It’s not even a question omg. (Read is better than watch, but at least whip out the film. You’re missing out!!)

• barelybear

Okay more duos:
    Bangers and mash
    Mario and Luigi
    Jefferson and Maddison (I’m talking Hamilton bonds)
    Heathers (Ik there are three but one dies so..)
    Ketchup and mustard
    Coca Cola and mentos
    PowerPoint animations and over-hyped teachers

Ahh I’m in your message box! We gotta decide now lel

• beth r.

re: aw u too <3
    lol i vote for the crabbe and goyle one but I'm biased

• beth r.

re: ikr lol
    couldn't halp being nosey but did barelybear just call you the crabbe to their goyle because I stan that

• barelybear

Right. More. Ahah
    Indecisive friends
    Fudge buddy
    No amie idea
    ‘The crabbe to my goyle’ (insert any duo here)

• barelybear

Agh this is hard. Okay generic cute rhymes:
    Bubblegum chum, cookie crumb chum, that classic gal pal, ummm piano amigo? Oh dear that was a stretch. Round-the-bend friend? Dependy friendy. Lel my brain at 10 is probably jot the best. What kind of thing do you think?

• barelybear

Okayyy what about “mon étoile”? Or “étoile-amie”?

• useless :)

re: oh haha that's actually why i don't know what exactly i want to pursue. i have a ton of different interests but they're kinda scattered, some are business related, some math and science related, and some more focused on the liberal arts. i guess what i meant is that i have quite a few possible career options in mind...but i have no clue which one i'll go through with, since i've never had an aha moment either lol. i'm sure i'll have a much clearer picture after high school of what i'll do tho

• barelybear

Hmmm I also love tea. Wait do you like marmite? I like looking at the stars, so we could literally be like “my star in the night” (could refer to the time difference too)
    Other than that, I call piano the plinky plonk so we could be “plinky plonk friends” lmaoo
    Or if you have a bear that you like I could be like “Panda bear/other bear that you like” = you. But idk what you would put then, maybe mamma bear or tea bear lmao

• useless :)

yess, that's incredible :D
    i'm sure if u continue to pursue it you'll be absolutely amazing. not to mention this poem...
    "False hopes,
    Spring up like daisies,
    But it stays."
    it's beautiful! ahah i wish i had a clearer picture of what exactly i wanna do when i'm older, i admire ppl who do!! i'm a bit lost rn, but i guess it'll come later...i hope XD. anywayss, great job and best of luck in following ur dream ;)

• nolongeractive

This is so great; my new song called 'the farm' is out now if you wanna check it out!

• beth r.

"Lights, cameras, everything I dreamed of" YES GURL FOLLOW THAT DREAM IN ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRYYYY. gorgeous work.
    re: thanks for all the kind comments, luv!
    1. I have my learner's permit :)
    2. Ofc we're friends lol :)

• barelybear

Or something about the really awkward time difference

• barelybear

YES WE MUST FIND A NAME! Perhaps we could touch on being ever so slightly insane? Or dusty pink lel. Or theatre fangirls? Idk hmm I also play piano. I like comedy? And I’m a Libra lmao. I can’t think of anything oh dearry

• barelybear

Ahh you are ENFP that makes sense lel. I think actors are usually extroverted, because they have a lot of charisma and confidence. A bit random lmao buttttt heyyy

• barelybear

Re: omg go you!! I’ll definitely look out for all the Australian actors in the future! I don’t think it’s something I’ll pursue, no matter how much I enjoy it. I am lucky enough to be good at liberal arts, like history and languages, so I think that’s probably what I’ll go into. But the theatre will always hold a special place in my heart, and I love that people like you are set to go out and do it :D
    *the last message was supposed to say “flowy” but I don’t think it’s a word lel

• barelybear

Re: ahhh I love blueberries (and dusty pink) lmao. You want to be an actress? That’s super cool. I find drama so fun, but there’s always something inside me like but man it won’t work out. This poem is so flown and pretty :)

Re: Thankssss <3 it'd be pretty nice *dreamier sigh* you too!!

*dreamy sigh*