☆TwinklingLights☆

She/Her
Pan? Bi?
ENFJ-T
Eighth Grader
Musical Theatre Buff
I love to sing, play piano, dance, act, draw, play video games, and read.
I LOVE My Hero Academia, and Iida is my future husband, lol.
Daughter of Apollo
My favorite anime is Blend S!

Smile!
Profile pic by yours truly
Hey, everyone! If you need a virtual hug, take one! >--(UwU)--<
I started writing a novel, Petals of Power, on January 29, 2021. New chapter every so often if you're interested!
Besides Petals of Power, I have two other series going on as of February 11, 2021! The first is 365 Prompts, I used a website called ThinkWritten, and it will go on for one year! The second series is called The Little Things, and I have no clue how long it will go on for (I kinda forgot about it, lol).
My goal is 100 followers by June!
Plsssss go follow some of my friends!
-Kathryn Siena
-Jake S
-☆Kayla☆
-HelpMe512

Gender

9
Sometimes,
I wonder how "rules" for each gender came about.
How did gender even come about in the first place?

Who began the thought that boys and girls were boys and girls, women and men, ladies and gentlemen?
Who decided that humans with a penis and testicles would be known as "boys", and that humans possessing a vagina and a uterus would be known as "girls"?
Where did these names even come from in the first place?

Furthermore, who decided that having a penis makes you smarter, makes you superior? 
And why would they think that the lack of a penis meant the lack of an intelligent mind?
How did the idea pf patriarchy even come about in the first place, like the very first place?

When did the switch occur that caused pink to be a color for girls and blue for boys?  
When did we start building constructs that women were only to spend time housekeeping and having children and marrying while men were to govern society and change the world?
When did we decide that occupations were to be split according to gender?

It gets worse; why must everything be gendered these days?
Why must pink, purple, white, pictures of unicorns and hearts, and glitter and sparkles be splashed on toys like baby dolls, makeup kits, and microphones while orange, blue, green, pictures of trucks and soccer balls, and kickball textures cover toy trucks, baseball bats and medical kits?
How come gender neutral toys and items, such as binoculars or storybooks, have to be gendered these days?

If some of the ancient gods were androgynous, then how come a spectrum of gender rather than a switch is such a difficult concept for us to grasp?
Why must we have boys and girls, girls and boys?
Why did we create these rules?

Where did we go wrong?

blurb that popped into my head
no hate pls

1

• Spade

This is amazing! I love it!

• FastOceanLove

I completely agree, so much. Do you mind if I use this kind of question format sometime (with your credit of course).

• WordsSpeakLouder

The switch of pink from masculine to feminine happened during the Holocaust when Hitler started marking gay men with pink (or that's what I've always heard) so it seems some of our gender roles stem from a man who committed genocide.
    Also, I was just writing a metaphor about the gender binary when I saw this.

• ghirettig1747

Wow. You basically just took the words out of my mouth... this is amazing :)

• kathryn siena

I love this! and don't worry, A. I write things and they come out a lot deeper than I mean. I'm fine ;)

• JACOB HOUSTON

This is incredible!