Yes_iKnowimShort

Hello! Welcome to my Profile! My account is mostly for me to let out my feelings. I will write things at random times. If you end up liking what I write then, awesome! I enjoy writing a lot so I hope you enjoy my work. I hope you have an amazing day!

Talk to Me, Chapter 1: Faces (7 years later)

7
"Lyric!" Her father called, "Its almost 7:30 you have to get to school!" She rushed downstairs nearly tripping over her backpack.
 "Your breakfast is on the table." He smiled as she sat down and began eating her eggs. She looked at the time, 7:19am. She finished her breakfast and grabbed her backpack. 
"Are you sure you have everything?" her father asked. She looked into her bag and rushed upstairs. A few moments later she came back holding three books and a sheet of paper. She shoved it into her bag. 
 "Alright," her father said, "ready to go?"
She nodded and got into their car. It was a pretty good car. The ac didn't work and the windows would get stuck sometimes, but at least it still ran. 
 Her father sat in the drivers seat and started the car. As they went on their normal route to school she checked the time on her phone. 7:23am.
 Her father dropped her off at the front of the school and waved goodbye. She looked up at her school. Another day of high school... she thought. She pushed through the ocean of students and walked into her classroom. No one looked at her. At exactly 7:30 her teacher, Mrs. Ross walked in.
"Good morning everyone." she said, "please say 'here' when I call your name."
Lyric decided to work on her math homework until she called her name. 
"Lyric Foster?" Mrs. Ross called.
Lyric raised her hand. 
"You need to say 'here'." Mrs. Ross said slightly annoyed.
Lyric sat there awkwardly. "You need to say 'here'." she repeated.
Lyric grabbed a sheet of paper and wrote something down. She handed it to her.
 Mrs. Ross took a moment to read it and said, "Oh, I see. Well then I'll put you down as present."

Lunch was always the worst part of her day. She always sat alone. At first, people would walk over to her and introduce themselves. She'd smile and they'd try to start a conversation. When Lyric didn't respond however, they would leave saying "Gosh I was trying to be nice. You don't have to be rude and ignore me."
 Lyric would try explaining that she was mute and that it wasn't her fault that she couldn't speak. Sometimes she tried communicating using sign language but no one could understand her. 
 She used to have a friend, her name was Lily. She had a younger brother who was deaf so she knew sign language pretty well. Sadly she moved away a year before with her family. 
 So now Lyric was alone, in a sea of endless faces. Faces that belonged to people. People, who knew how to talk.
People can be mute for a number of reasons. In Lyrics case, she had a traumatic experience so now she keeps quiet. Before that experience, she already had a problem with speaking. Just thought I'd explain a bit more. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! :)

• February 23, 2021 - 9:02am (Now Viewing)

• Livsnjutare (#words)

Ahhh! So good! Sorry I was late seeing this!
    p.s. I LOVE the name lyric, it so pretty! XD

about 17 hours ago
  • FastOceanLove

Re: Oh cool!

about 24 hours ago
  • FastOceanLove

Re: I'm glad :) I'm about a month old myself on here, but my past English teachers have told me I'm a good writer but to share it with people, and most people don't know I like to write for fun, so I joined this community through the great guide Google :) Are you pretty opening about sharing your writing/do a lot of people know you write?

1 day ago
  • FastOceanLove

Re: Thanks! How are you liking WtW by the way?

1 day ago
  • Minvra

Re: No problem. Glad you're settling in the community well. If you like thrillers, I suggest Gated, by Amy Christine. You know who the antagonist is in first chapter, but it's the burning knowing and the main character trying to figure out how to escape that makes it thrilling.

1 day ago
  • FastOceanLove

I love it! Can you let me know when there's more? Also, I see you're fairly new to WtW, so welcome! I'm Delphi and if you need anything feel free to just type a comment on one of my pieces :) Also, you're a great writer, and if you get the chance I'd love for you to check out some of my pieces/current series :)

1 day ago
  • Yes_iKnowimShort

I will try my best! :)

1 day ago
  • Minvra

I like it. Think you can notify me when the next chapter comes out?

1 day ago
  • Yes_iKnowimShort

Of course! I'm gonna try posting the next part later today

1 day ago
  • Royal_cat/5

Great job keep writing!

1 day ago
  • ChimChim_1

Awww, Can I get notified if there are other parts to this?

1 day ago