Blue Jay

She/Her

Earth Lover that also loves to read and write.

You can find me outside somewhere. I'm a proud environmentalist from 5 years old.

I primarily write poetry, but sometimes other things too.

Be kind

"In every outthrust headland, in every curving beach, in every grain of sand there is the story of the earth."
-Rachel Carson

I see that there is a new poetry competition here. I am not planning on submitting a piece. But if you want a review feel free to ask me, I will do my best. You don't need to review my pieces back, reviewing some pieces is a good motivation for me to stay active on this site :)

Aromantic Spectrum Awareness week

10
People talk about love like its food
As if it was the blood they needed to survive
They say without it they would be screwed
Yet here I am aro and just fine

Few people know that aromantic people exist
And society is so romance filled and through
Yet here I still manage to persist
And I am not at all crying or blue

I am aro and proud
Without crushes or kissing
It's my time to be loud
And I don’t need no fixing

Aromantic: A person who has little to no romantic attraction to others

This week is Aro Week! I am aromantic, and I figured I would write a poem about it. This is also a week for people to become more aware, so please try to spend some time learning about the aromantic cmmunity!

Its not the same as Asexuallity, although they are often confused. Also, Aro people are valid, they are not robots, and they are also awesome!

Anyways, I highly encourage you to learn more about it! I would recomend AUREA (aromantism .org), and google also has a variety of information. Happy Aro Week, and have a wonderful day! 

• nolongeractive

This piece is so good!! I cannot get over your talent and the way you demonstrate your emotions in the piece. Also, I feel like the way you organized the piece was just brilliant. Thank you for sharing this piece. I cannot wait to see what else you write!

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

As a tribute to my amazing followers I have started a series about my life. Please check out chapters 1-4

• nolongeractive

Re: Thanks so much!

• nolongeractive

This is so deep and well written I can't even comprehend words. I mean wow, I defintiely want to review this - you have so much talent. I can't wait to see what else you write. I would love for you to review one of my songs if you have time, I definitely need reviews on my songs 'gatekeepe' 'motif' and 'butterfly sadness' - review for review!

• psithurism

re: Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it. :)

• ~Zoe N~

re: Thank you, thank you!
    Yeup, everything else is quite nice!

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

re: thanks for your comment. it feels complicated (but i'm probably overexxagerating stuff, sorry)
    also cool piece! some people do feel they need love while others just don't and that's fine and dandy :D <3

• McK13

Re: thank you so much!! (this time for your comment on Alright) You're so kind and you should definitely keep on writing as well because your work is incredible!

• McK13

Wow!! This is stunning, just like you! I'm so happy that you are proud of who you are (as you should be because you are an amazing writer and a fantastic person!) And the second to last line, "It's my time to be loud" -- It most definitely is and you are doing just that with this empowering, authentic, and gorgeous piece!

Re: thank you so much!! I'm so glad that you also think music is like a home :)

• BizzleWrites

I'm so glad you can proudly put this out there without fear or shame. This is a really beautiful and well-written piece and I (as part of the LGBT+ community) understand the struggle, though of course not individual ones or those associated with being aroace. Your a great writer, by the way!
    Thankyou for writing such a great piece and educating people (I know how clueless some people can be, so it's good to educate). I hope you're having a wonderful day/night :).

• Wisp

Yes yes yes!! You are so brilliant for writing this and bringing attention/enlightening others on this. You are right that as a society most of our arts and desires revolve around the notion of love, and you not being into that is totally valid and demands to be respected. I'm so glad to have come across this piece and happy Aro Week!
    Replying: The Book Thief is such a beautiful book, so glorious honestly. I think it's good exposure to submit to literary magazines, it helps you grow as a writer and it gives you a feeling of pride in your works. Hm, I'd recommend submitting to Ice Lolly Review (run by Jessica Wang who is also a user on here) or Interstellar Lit (run by sunny.v on here as well) or Gossamer Lit (run by Naomi Ling on here), they give thorough reviews of work submitted to them and it's good to start off with some people you have even a little relation with. Anyways, I hope that helped and I wish you good luck in all your future endeavors!

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Wow! Aromantic, I haven't heard of this often. I think it's cool you are though! I had a small crush a while back, but I'm not one to obsess over romantic advice. I (though I'm embarrassed by it), love romance novels, it's in my bio too actually XD But in real life it seems a bit scary (for my problem with putting up walls :()
    Re: Yes, it's really hard, one of the hardest sports actually. I'm going through these kind of swings right now, like I'm fine but then I remember what's going on and I get pretty mad/sad. I appreciate your thoughts my friend, and thank you for them, they're keeping me going right now :) I also looked up the women you talked about, she seems cool! Have you ever been to a ski event (competition?)

• GraceWritesTheWorld

This is great!

• psithurism

You are loved and valid! I hope you're having a wonderful day!