beth r.

... just your average teenage writer

thank you all for the kind comments on all my pieces!

why gen-z is dead inside

22
Oof that title though. Welp, so long as you're here-
My friends and I were yet again joking about how school was slowly killing us, namely Geometric proofs. 
At one point I said, "Well, I'm already dead inside, sOoOo..." 
"Spoken like a true Gen-Zer!" My teacher laughed.
Being the true overthinker that I am, that comment got me- well, thinking. Like, why ARE we dead inside? After doing some dIgInG through the depths of the Internet, I think I found the answer.
Google says that people who are identified as Gen Z were born between 1997and 2012. I'll be looking at the 2000-2007-ish range for the purposes of this paper.
9/11 was in 2001. So, the majority of Gen Z were born right around a time of mass devastation. Our generation is close enough to World War II and the Civil Rights Movement-  our great grandparents either are survivors, veterans, or fought for their rights. 
We've never known a time of peace, really. As long as we've been alive (onward of 9/11), America has been entrenched in the War on Terror... I think you've got the idea.
Then 2020 came and hit like a freaking bus. Fires, protests, an apocalypse. And honestly, I think Gen Z stayed the calmest.
Why? Well, think about it. We know choas- that's why we could laugh in the face of adversaries and make memes about World War III. 
I don't think we're dead inside, no. But I think we've got fortitude. I mean, we've eaten Tide Pods, but hey. Fortitude. 
Oop is it beth returning from another unannounced hiatus with a recycled school assignment (made it shorter and a little less school-y)? mAyHapS. I really need to make time for writing-
I do wanna point out that we have grown up much better than past generations- something we could be thankful for!
 Aight go eat some ice cream and have a good day/night/midmorning/afternoon/1 am secretly on your laptop. 

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: I thought it was hilarious....
    my brother freaked out over Darcy the entire time

(as did i...)

1 day ago
  • (sk)eyesofocher

RE: I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW IT'S ALL SO TERRIBLE AND AMAZING AT THE SAME TIME
    three minutes? madam, I didn't sleep that night.

1 day ago
  • (sk)eyesofocher

re: YES PLEASE DOOOOO
    I need an asian boi and a brown haired boi.... BUT I KNOW ZERO BOYS

1 day ago
  • Rohan’s Defender

Re: :)

1 day ago
  • Rohan’s Defender

Re: aww! Thank you so much!
    Yeah, I understand. I’m well, thank you! Enjoying the weekend of course! :)

1 day ago
  • Rohan’s Defender

Hey, Beth.... it’s been a while since I’ve stopped by, so how are you?

• Livsnjutare (#words)

This is so interesting!
    re: Thank you!! I loved that story, btw, that's why I still remembered the name of it 6 months later!

Re: Thank you; I will! (or at least I'll try....i'm still not giving up on you meeting TH) And thank you! Oh no problem, I love all your pieces so I'm just going through them all, they never fail to make me laugh! Oh ok! And yayyyyy! I'm glad :D <3

• JACOB HOUSTON

Re: Awww, thank you so much.

• JACOB HOUSTON

This is so great; my new song called 'the farm' is out now if you wanna check it out!

• AstroWriter

LOL i luv this because it gives u cool facts and is funny! great job again beth

Hey uh, Beth? Can we be friends? lol that sounds random, it's just I respect you a lot sooo :P

Re: Aww tysm! Ach np, I mean it! Aaaaaaaaaa *hides face* Thank you :D That means a lot coming from you <3

Re: Aw tysm! Omg sameeeee! *weeps in asgardian*
    Oh my gosh stop D:< You're too sweetttt. But thank you, and I'll be screaming in joy at my TV when you and Tom become BFFS. (and you get your 100th book published ofc) Well *hair flip* if I am ever in a movie with him, I'll totallllly give you his phone number. *starts maniacally typing on her keyboard to find out what his phone number is*

• JACOB HOUSTON

Gurrrrrlllll, this is iconic.

• Kasilee

Re: aw thx so much! And yeah I'm new, I love it here so much alrdy tho!!!

• Halopoet

Thanks! And i would love to continue it. Im sorry i havent read the previous chapters but if you give me the links ill check them out and write it as soon as i can. Love you!

• (sk)eyesofocher

why.....
    WE WERE THE CALMEST CAUSE WE HAVE MEMES FOR BREAKFAST

• Blue Jay

I love this! Your pieces always make me laugh. "An apocalypse" omg I laughed way to hard at that and the tide pod part :)

Re: Haha I'm glad :) Thank you :D (and nuuuuu I wanna give them to you)

• Starlitskies

I love this! Thank you for explaining my life to me haha! XD
    And for me it's a 7am unwillingly on my laptop. My mom just came and asked me why the teacher was teaching about heart anatomy and I had my textbook open at photosynthesis, yikes! But come on, who can stand biology at 7am in the morning!

• SittingByTheSea [back...?]

Re: aw, you're so sweet :) thank you (changed my username lol guess I should've warned people buuut well heh oh well)

• Zinniav

I love this. I hope you end up doing comedy sketches or something. I would love to see you on Saturday night live. No pressure though lol.

• SittingByTheSea [back...?]

The end though is just *spits out chocolate milk* lmaooo- You just made my day, Beth!! I've had a really hard few days and thank you :)

Fyi, I'm kinda-sorta taking a hiatus? I don't feel like typing it all out again so if you want to know why then you can the footnotes on my pieces 'Wonder' and 'Decisions'.

• HelpMe512

Re: aaaa thank you! I'm still in shock tbh lmao. <3

Interesting lol :P

• Kasilee

Haha I love this!! And totally correct!