mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

"take me with you, finished thing"
"too dizzying to love anywhere
but from a distance"

have an ineffable day!

<3<3<3

thanks to paisley blue, rwong, wisp, and crystalline galaxies for all the love and support.

scribble chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :), and Starlitskies.

i think i'm a broken umbrella?

take a deep breath and
let tomorrow dissolve
into today;

at daybreak

17

i. 
dust motes stream in on trails of molten gold, 
   pulling the heavy curtain of dawn aside; 
the air is alive with scents 
   of freshly cut grass 
   and the sharp tang of gasoline; 

ii.
turning my head to the trees, i let 
   the shadows of branches 
   weave patterns onto my face; 
trees stand at the ready against the wakening sky; 
mist hangs low, blanketing the treeline; 

iii.
dew clings to a spider’s delicate web,
   woven from strands of moonlight and sunbeams;
there’s a breeze, running gailey along,
   stumbling over divots in the tree branches;

iv.
birds hidden in the foliage above sing their warbling songs,
   shrill voices throbbing 
   with the pull of the sun behind a bank of clouds;
cars sputter to life and banjo music pours in from two doors down;

just a little poem. i hope it makes you happy.

okay, order of business-
    1) THIS AMAZING PIECE. mir, how??!??! seriously, i'm left in awe. the sights and sounds and smells--this IS morning, my friend. this is PERFECT. i love the addition of banjo music, it's perfection XD this feels like sun on my face. it really does and i don't understand how you can be so brilliant and... wow :)
    2) PEER REVIEW WINNER WHAAAA- yesssssssssssss im so proud of you!!! you really do write amazing peer reviews, it always makes me excited whenever i get one from you!!!! this is just proof :P
    3) RE- ajgdshaliru THANK YOU for your kind words on my piece they made my day :) i guess i hadn't thought it was actually very good--do you really think i should submit it somewhere? i don't know if it's the type of thing to get accepted--longer, flashier pieces with bigger words seem favored, sometimes. unless they're super-duper good like yours :D
    well you definitely have something new to be proud of for me to read today!! this took my breath away!! like. i know i kinda say that a lot but it really did. i didn't realize i was holding my breath until the last stanza! and coupled with the fact that i can hear birds singing outside my window... it almost made me forget that it currently looks like a blizzard outside!! (okay not a blizzard, but a pretty substantial snowfall. the tree branches are all white with frost, and the squirrels who live on the tree outside my window are scurrying around, trying not to slip, and i can see the flakes when they're close to my window but beyond that the air is just tinted white, everything is white and brown. it really is beautiful :) but i'm ready for spring, i think XD)
    also! potted purple!! omggg!!! they're really really really really really good!! :D that's SO COOL mir i'm gonna check it out later!! that bit about the emails--that would have been so nerve-wracking!!
    4) RE AGAIN- when did you write that comment; two days ago? Friday? i can tell you, i nearly went on here just to read your old pieces. it's hard not to be able to chat with you. you're so kind and uplifting and such a joy in my life, seriously!! you mean a lot to me :) life does indeed go on, at such a fast pace now that i find myself stumbling to keep up and still falling behind! i haven't been nearly as good with staying off of here as i should be--it's been tempting, and i've clicked onto the tab briefly more than once. but i always turn away and shut it off before i can check my notifs or scroll down the page. it's hard! and i miss all of you a lot. one of my biggest fears (actually, i think this IS my biggest fear) is being left behind or forgotten, so doing this--drifting off and only coming back on on sundays--makes me feel like i'm missing out and i don't like that feeling, you know? but i pray, and i read, and i write, and play music and sing and it's okay :)
    sPEAKING OF i auditioned for my high school musical (which is High School Musical) XD and got callbacks!! they're tomorrow and i'm kinda freaked out about it bc i sorta auditioned for Sharpay (i mean i didn't say it outright but i used her song and her monologue soo) and I think Janet (my director) liked it so maybe i actually have a chance of a speaking role??!?!? i really hope so. theater is my greatest passion, second only to writing :)
    thinking of you and smiling!! hope we can find ways to connect more. all my love!! <33
    ur bluest paisley

• rwong

re: ahhh no im not too sad or disappointed cause i got published once so that makes me happy enough ahahaha i dont really mind bc yk you cant be published every time so yea :) and theres always more lit mags out there so its hopefully i'll have another shot at it also also yesss ikkk im so proud of youuuuuu but you 100% deserved it! it's so sweet that you're donating to charity <3 you're such a kind and loving person
    also also does this mean you'll be introduced in the wtw blog??
    also also also (wow i really overuse also, should def rethink my word choice but nope) i loveee talking to you too!! ok yea um i could create a fake email, have you email that one, and then i email you back on my real one? any other ideas? anyway you have an amazing night/weekend <3 <3

• rwong

also just wanted to let you know that i got rejected from hebe but oh well there's always next time :) anyway how are youuuuuu??

• rwong

OH
    MY
    GOSH
    MIRRRR CONGRATS ON WINNING BEST PEER REVIEW EEEKKKKKKK <3 <3 IM SO PROUD OF YOU AND YOU TOTALLY DESERVED IT AND SDJF:KLSDJF:LDSKFJS:DLFJ:LKSDFJ: AHHHHH GJJJJ

• psithurism

re: Oh my gosh thank you so much, that means so much to me! Congrats on winning the peer review award, that's awesome! Your words are always so kind and encouraging, you are such a lovely person mirkat. Again, thank you so much! <3

• useless :)

also sorry for the late reply, haven't been super active on here bc of school. it literally seems like my teachers plan on giving out big projects on the same days XD, and my procrastination doesn't help...
    thankfully spring break's coming up, i'll need it haha

• useless :)

re: thank youu!! that was such a kind comment and i rlly appreciate it! :)
    it was pretty much just a combination of a bunch of different scattered ideas which i tried to combine lol. that was part of it tho!! i don't know if i have imsomnia, since it's only been a month or so where i've been having a bit of trouble falling asleep, but it's probably a mild form of it...although this has actually happened before, a couple months ago. i had a terrible week and lost a bunch of sleep and then was able to sleep normally enough again. this is a month and not as bad but it's probably something passing as well...idrk. i've been waking up in the middle of the night a lot. thanks!! happy to join haha. yeah, i submitted to ice lolly on a whim just to see i guess, and they replied asking me to make a bio...only problem is i don't really want my last name out there so i'm asking them to not include it. they didn't respond yet but i'm sure it'll be fine. no problem!
    also, congratulations on your review, that's awesome!! :D

miriam! congrats on best peer review! the review of my song! that was so cool to see. and your review really was central in reforming my song and making it how i truly wanted. you helped me see how it could be a better representation of what i wanted to say.

it did make me happy! lowercase poetry just has such a powerful vibe. i loved how vividly you described the smells and sounds. great imagery. there were some lines that almost surprised me with how real and in-the-moment they were, like "banjo music pours in from two doors down;" and freshly cut grass / and the sharp tang of gasoline; " those kind of blunt and real-life sensory details made me feel like i was there.

• Wisp

Replying: WHY ARE YOU SO SWEET??? Oh my goodness em, you're going to make ME tear up!! How is it that every time you reply, you manage to brighten up my days so much so and make me smile to no end? Gosh, you're a gift, a true gift my dear and I am so happy to have met you :,)
    You flatter me too much, ahhhh, I don't even know what to say because everything your wrote, I am just so eternally grateful for it, my gosh. I love you dear <3 <3
    Honestly, I agree with you. That is the magic of being a writer, turning the small everyday moments into something unforgettable. It doesn't always have to be big, it could be the small little things, like the budding of a flower, or that light morning dew, or the laugh of your friends. Just those little things, and we, as writers, spin them into something extraordinary, and that is something truly remarkable. Truer words spoken dear, but I am glad that you're the reason behind this smile, you're truly a delight every moment we interact!
    I've been alright, swamped with homework but you know it's a good distraction and such. I've been really busy in the last few days, so I'm hoping that things will calm down a little haha (that's why I'm only on WtW at night now). But yeah, pretty much doing alright, I mean it could be worse. How have you been?
    Have a wonderful day as well!

• rwong

re: ahhh tysmm!! i'm more dark academia as well hehe but issok me neither i am literally the least fashionable person you'll ever meet--my sister and mom wanna revamp my wardrobe but like why buy new clothes when my non-stylish clothes are still perfectly fine, still fit, and aren't broken?? your ribbons sound super fun and super cool; i wish i could see you with them in your hair i bet you look amazing (ok that sounded semi creepy but like...ok i dont mean it like stalkerish ok imma just stop talking about this loll) im personally not one to do anything with my hair so it's just down...like, at all times. i'm doing pretty well today, wednesdays are late start so i get to sleep in which is amazing lol
    hbu?? anything fun happening? sending love <3

• useless :)

this is so beautiful!! i love poems about nature and you created such a peaceful atmosphere within this. the imagery was so gorgeous, i could form a picture of what you were describing and it definitely made me happy :)

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

As a tribute to amazing friends and followers on this site I have started a series about my life. Please check it out :)

• BirdofPrey

re: this is amazing!!!! i love these poems they are so wonderful and creative

• nolongeractive

This is so deep and well written I can't even comprehend words. I mean wow, I defintiely want to review this - you have so much talent. I can't wait to see what else you write. I would love for you to review one of my songs if you have time, I definitely need reviews on my songs 'gatekeepe' 'motif' and 'butterfly sadness' - review for review!

• rwong

re: ahhhh ok hi mir!! i’m doing pretty well school ~just~ ended but yea i’m just waiting for parents to pick me up but yeaaa it’s such a nice day today and the weather is super nice and school went pretty well but also also
    i got 1st place in the poetry contest eekkkk!!!! tysm for always believing in me + helping me w my writing <3 seriously you have no idea how much you’ve inspired me to keep writing and ahhh i’m kinda embarrassed cause they also um are gonna play it in front of the whole school. which is like...not my fav lol but yea eheheh also CONGRATS ON UR PUBLICATIONN lol ok that rejection email was vv rude and v sad but IM DO PROUD OF YOUUUUUUUU <3 <3

• Wisp

So serene!! The whole vibe and mood of this piece feels like the awakening of spring. It's such a lovely feeling you evoke and your imagery is just magical! You diction is a glorious thing to behold and the way it brings your words to life is a beautiful thing. You create this little place in time, capture these rare moments and form them into words on a page. You manage to make the mundane magical and as a writer, that is truly a gift. How you bring new experiences that intertwine with these old ones and how you create something so simplistic but beautifully executed is lovely.
    Replying: Ahh I can't believe you read that whole thing!! That piece actually took me the longest, it took me a month to write, but I enjoyed writing it a lot, whether at my computer or through my phone. It was nice to tear apart fairy tales and see them in a new light. I'd say Snow White or Jack and the Beanstalk are my favorites. I love talking and getting to know you too!! You're always so sweet and brighten up my days! I hope the rest of your day is well and gosh I still can't believe you read that whole thing and my long dust jacket too!! Ahhhh you make me so indescribably happy sometimes!!!

• Blue Jay

This poem did indeed make me happy, it is very beautiful and I love poems about nature too :)

• rwong

woahhhh this is so beautiful and the imagery is just like amazinggg it almost feels like i'm standing there with you and yes yes yes this poem makes me really happy <3
    re: ooooo yesss the stink eye, but seriously people should wear masks. like seriously i wanna go back to all in-person (dont take me wrong im really happy with hybrid and really grateful that our school is doing this but still) oh and the competition is acutally just the recording!! that was actually the final bc it was due on fri (when i posted it on wtw) but all the comments are still super useful for future use cause seriously public speaking isnt really my forte. my day has been kinda rough, pe sucks in person cause im like the non-athletic person in my class of super athletic kids and the teacher knows it so she kinda singles me out like subtly which doesnt make me v happy. definitely gonna write about that when i finish all my hw (which there's a lot of *sigh*) but yea. other than that, pretty darn boring. hbu?? <3 <3