Zinniav

I'm 17, interested in linguistics, mathematics, philosophy, theology, and history.

She/ Her | Bi | Disabled | Agnostic | Useless Intellectual | WA

I don't necessarily agree with my own assertions.

Thoughts? This is a rather think-y piece:)

Driving Through the Rain

17
It was hot in the car as we drove through the rain. Water ran down the windows, blurring everything except the already hazy glow that poured out from the street lamps. The broken droplets caught the light, transforming it into a watercolor painting. Vague but certain, this perfect representation defied the Heisenberg principle. 

Physics ceases to function after a couple hours on the road.  Nose pressed against the cold glass, you forget there is cement beneath you. The present is obscured by its continuous consumption. My mother had her hands on the steering wheel, her eyes elsewhere. I reached for the radio dial, but thought better of it. We hadn’t stepped on the brakes yet. That was music enough. We were flying with dream-like dissonance, our bodies separate from our movement. 

1

• amaryllis

"The present is obscured by its continuous consumption." gah, your writing makes me want to be a better writer

about 17 hours ago
  • KaitlynnAnn

re: I can't wait to read your other pieces! This is one of my favorite ones!

about 19 hours ago
  • Sophiascb

This is gorgeous. I love the contrast between simple lines, and really descriptive ones that are full of figurative language.

about 20 hours ago
  • BlushMaple

What else can I say except brilliant? Just brilliant

about 23 hours ago
  • KaitlynnAnn

This is AMAZING! I love this part the most, ". I reached for the radio dial, but thought better of it. We hadn’t stepped on the brakes yet. That was music enough. We were flying with dream-like dissonance, our bodies separate from our movement."

1 day ago
  • Starlitskies

I love this. It's different from your usual pieces but stunning all the same. The Heisenberg reference is beautiful too.
    "We hadn’t stepped on the brakes yet. That was music enough. We were flying with dream-like dissonance, our bodies separate from our movement." - I am in love with this! <3

1 day ago
  • journal.scribbles

This is so incredibly beautiful. Wow. The imagery and the phrasing and everything- just wow.

• ScarlettLucian

This is really lovely.