Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

I am a senior in high school. I have been on WTW since 8th grade. I am a Christian and am politically conservative. I believe that I can be friends and love anyone despite their beliefs. The world needs more love and encouragement, be that change.

As promised here it is

My Life As A Novel Chapter One

32
    Many people are familiar with the joke associated with children who are adopted, "My parents wanted me but yours are stuck with yours". I will admit that I have used that joke on my cousin once or twice.... or maybe a thousand times. The look on her face was always priceless. She started lying saying that she was also adopted because she thought it was cool. 
    Now that I am an young adult I no longer make that joke but I instead make another one. Whenever my parents are aggravated about how expensive I can be I make the joke "Well if you had not of bought me then you could have had a new car." And I know what you are thinking what a rude joke to make, yes yes it is. And yes they hate it but I find it funny.
    Adoption plays a huge part in my life story for without it I wouldn't be who I am or live where I do. One could argue that my story started before I was born. My story started when my biological mother at the young age of eighteen had to decide what to do about her accidental pregnancy. My biological dad did not want to be in my life and my biological mother did not want to be a single parent at such a young age. After ruling out the option of parenting she weighed the options of adoption and abortion. She decided that she wanted to place me for an open adoption that way she could have a relationship with me and I could have a mom and a dad. After I was born I was placed in foster care for five weeks before I was officially placed with my adoptive parents. I am sure you are wondering why my parents had to wait five weeks to officially adopt me and the reason would be because my adoptive parents did not live in the same state I was born in and also the biological mother has a certain amount of time to change her mind and keep her child. 
    I was adopted through a private organization meaning it was more expensive but also more secure. My biological mom met my parents at a picnic and took interest in them. The ironic thing is my parents were in the process of trying to adopt another baby but it fell through around the time they met my biological mom. God planned for my adoptive parents to adopt me. I was meant for them.
    When I was little I loved the fact I had an open adoption. I mean what little kid doesn't love double the holidays, double the gifts and double the love? I was so proud about being adopted as a kid that I would tell random strangers behind us in the line at Disney World that I was adopted. I would also show off all of the gifts my biological family including a green 3D DS and an ipad with my name engraved in it.
    When I hit middle school my feelings on being adopted shifted. I was very upset that I did not know my biological father and began blaming my adoptive parents and biological mom for it. I learned the reason why and realized God gave me amazing family who loved me very much. I also began disliking that I was adopted because I did not know anyone with a story like mine... in fact I didn't know anyone with a similar story until my junior year of high school.
    High school smacked me in the face with a whirlwind of emotions about my adoption. My biological mother got married and I did not know about it which really hurt my feelings. I felt like we were creating our own lives and did not need each other anymore. Now as I approach college I am considering decreasing our communication because although I am so thankful to know where I came from I don't believe that we want the same things out of our relationship. 
    I will forever be grateful to my biological mother because without her sacrifice I would not have the life that I do. Because of my adoptive parents and how hard they work I am able to attend an amazing private Christian school. I am immersed in a Christian household and am taught strict morals. I am also encouraged to go for my dreams despite the difficulty, without that I would not have been accepted into five amazing colleges and be graduating with a 4.4 GPA. 
    Adoption is the foundation to my story. It has affected my life and my emotions. It has taught me that nurture matters over nature and that where you come from never determines where you will go. So although my adoption story isn't a crazy one like the one featured in the movie the Blindside it is a huge part of who I am. It forms the first chapter in my novel of life.
Thank you to my amazing followers. I love you all so much. This is my series about my life. I am going to keep it decently vague due to safety so if I mention people it will be by the first letter of there first name. I will not be mentioning specific states or places again for safety. Comment another chapter of my life you would like to see. For the next one I am considering writing about a family tradition I love. But what do yall want to see out of my novel of life?

• February 22, 2021 - 9:44am (Now Viewing)

• Tachi

Wow, I really love this, make sure you do what you want and need to do.

• Awesome Sienna

I love it! God is so good! :)

Wow! I’ve finally gotten around to reading this, and I think that your story will help a lot of people. May I ask, how old were you when you were adopted? (I was less than a year old, so it’s interesting to me to think of someone having memories of their birth parents and knowing them.)

• Jasmine khawar

Wow! This is amazing! And so interesting. I would to know more and more, I enjoyed this.
    And sorry for checking it out late, I wasn't online for a while.

replying: hey, i've been seeing your notifications,i'm so happy you're publishing again. i'm sorry for replying late,school has been super busy.but i'm going to make sure to make time to read these this afternoon

• Rose A(hiatus)

Hi! Sorry it took me a little while to respond to your comment! My life has been very weird and incredibly busy. Anyway, I love your story! I'm so glad you and your family found one another. I'll read the next one soon! :)

• A. Penderwick

This is really great, and I'm glad you decided to go forward with it! I think this is really interesting, because I don't know many people who have been adopted, and I definitely don't know anyone who has been part of an open adoption. Also, I love this title!

• Rohan’s Defender

Awww, Thai is touching! I love this story, and I’m so glad you are able to have the loving family you deserve! <3

• Abigail Faith

WOW!! Your story is INCREDIBLE!!! Love this!!! <3

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aw, thank you so much for letting me know! I’ll try to check this out as soon as I get a chance! Thank you, you’re awesome!

• doodleninja

this was so wonderfully written! truly heartwarming to see how God provided for you at every step of your life! :) <3

• Jason_claire :)

This is really cool of you to do, I really like how you laid everything out the way you did.
    replying- Thank you for notifying me!

This is awesome! I didn't know you were adopted! I don't really know what's next, since I don't really know you that well lol :P Whatever is good!

• The Ravenclaw Dragon

This is really interesting. Your hook- the jokes- are really interesting, and gives us information about your character. This is really good! Keep on writing!

• anonymous_123 [Child of God]

Also the family thing and what you said really just got me emotional and hooked and I wanted to read more! It’s so nice to have a good family and I’m so grateful that God did that for you. He’s amazing!!!! AMENNNN

• anonymous_123 [Child of God]

Wow... this is sooo good. I just want to say happy birthday and I hope that it was good! And a 4.4 GPA holy moly guacamole lol. Anyway, this novel is going to be great I just know it and I know that this was hard for you to put out so I thank you for that at! This is beautiful and I read every word. This is impacting and life changing too! Your amazing!

• AliMuscles04

This is so cool! I think that your story is really cool and i cant wait to hear more!

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Wow! Your story is amazing and congrats on the college acceptances!
    Re: Ok! Please notify me if there's more, it's a really cool series! ;)

• SamRose

This is so great! I will be sure to read the future chapters. :) Please, let me know when they come out! XD

• serein

Oh wow you have quite a life story!! This was so well written I can't wait to read more!! Please notify me when you write the second chapter!!

• BriRiley

I love this! And I love how you added the parts about God having a plan for you because that is the foundation of our journeys and he is just helping us along. XD I would love to read more of your life but I cant think of anything specific at the moment. :)

• ChimChim_1

Omg Y E S

• nolongeractive

Re: Thank you so much!

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: Lol, I totally get it. I just mean about what you want to be and the kind of colleges, you know? I'm getting to that age where I need to figure it out so I'm a little nervous about it...

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

OK, first of all, I love the movie Blindside! And oh hon, that's amazing that you got such a loving family! I hope to be a foster mom someday and your story is just inspiring me even more! I would love to hear about which colleges you're interested in and what your planning-for-college experience is! <3 Please let me know when the next part comes out!

• barelybear

This was a really interesting read. I love the way you opened — it got me completely hooked. I think it was a great sentiment to end on as well. Basically just a gorgeous piece haha. You’ve handled the emotion and the storytelling really smoothly too :D
    Have a great day!

• katnissromanoff

I really enjoyed reading this! I found it so interesting. Amazing job! Would you mind letting me know when the next chapter is out?