McK13

Hi :) 14 she/her

I love...

Poetry, Memoirs, Stories (and all literature!)
Labradoodles, Family & Friends
Basketball & Volleyball
Listening to music, watching TV, & sleeping

Joined WTW: 12/30/2020

Thank you so much for 60+ followers!

Thanks for checking out my piece! So here is yet another song that I wrote which is basically a love song to music. Feel free to give any criticism -- all feedback is super helpful and very much appreciated!

Home

9

(Intro) 

I feel like I know you
But you don’t know me
'Cause I'm just a girl
With big dreams
But you, are my hero
Even if you didn't know

(Verse 1)

Some wood and some glass
Some brick and some stone
Doesn't make a home
Where you can be anything
Where you can be you
Without apology

(Chorus)

So I, I call you home
More than you know
You are my home
Put on my headphones
Oh, music, you're deeper than a sound
It's your heart and your soul rolled up in a song
And I've gone, I've gone, I've gone home

(Verse 2)

That's what you do for me
I'm a bird trying to fly
And you're my wings 
Helping me soar high
Through the open sky
Showing me just how to be free

(Verse 3)

No popularity
Erases feeling lonely
No coins of gold
Equals the love of the world
No house can fulfill every need
You got to have more to feel complete

(Chorus) 

So I, I call you home
More than you know
You are my home
Put on my headphones
Oh, music, you're deeper than a sound

(Verse 4)

All the emotions you express
Perfect for every time of day
Slow beats, fast rhythm
Happiness and sadness, love and loss
Each masterpiece of yours 
Is everything to me

(Outro) 

So I call you home
More than you know
You're deeper than a sound
Home sweet home

OMG I love this so much!! It's such a beautiful song!! "Oh, music, you're deeper than a sound" was soo beautiful, "And I've gone, I've gone, I've gone home" I could really imagine singing that! I literally just loved this so much, it was so poetic and flowed so beautifully! To be honest, the rhythm was so great I didn't even focus on the lyrics the first read cause I just sang it, but when I actually read it, wow- this was beautiful! I love the concept of home being more than just a building- because it truly is!! RE: Awww thank you so much and haha thank you! Awwwww, omg you're literally too sweet I don't have the words! And yeah! I love simple pieces- they just leave so much up to perception- which I personally love and they always leave a ton up to think about! And awwww, omg, again- your comment is making me smile a ton because I'm so glad mine make you happy as well!! And yes haha I really should!! Ok, now, let's talk about something else because if you keep complimenting me, my head's going to float me up to Mars- I mean first person on Mars is amazing and all but I think I need to invest in a spacesuit first XD But again thank you sooooo much and you're an amazing writer as well- I can't wait to see what you do in life!! :)) Ok now question: What are your favorite books?

• Blue Jay

Amazing song! I like how you barely said the word "music", yet managed to have it flow so well. The way you said that it was like home really hit home (that sounded really corny, I know, but it did). It works really well, and I totally agree, music is like a home.
    re: Thank you so much, your comment meant a lot to me! Poetry is indeed powerful and beautiful, and it is not a all a waste of time.

• Starlitskies

This is really beautiful! I especially connected with the first verse, that talks about unapologetically being yourself. :)
    Re: Thank you for you sweet comment on my piece! <3

• BriRiley

Re: Thx :)

• BriRiley

Re: I found out how to re-publish stuff and have the comments and likes from before! You go to your work and push manage saved versions and then you click on the one that you want to re-publish and unpublish it and then re-publish it agin XD
    Btw this is a great piece!

• Lizzie R

Re: Of course!! :))

• Lizzie R

Re: Thank you so much!! I love your lyrics they're so pretty and flow well! Thank you so much :))

• useless :)

i love this!! really cool analogy too :)
    also, i forgot to mention this earlier but if that's your dog in the profile pic she or he is so adorable!! is s/he a labradoodle?

• psithurism

Oh wow this is genius!

• Lizzie R

Re: YES! Music is just incredible

• Vista of Grace

Wow this is really good. Home, a good name for such a piece on the home. I hope this is about a real person and your lucky enough to have your feeling reciprocated.

• Lizzie R

Re: Thank you so much!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this. Exactly certain things are so fragile that it's nerve-wracking to say something about. Thank you so much it means a lot! She's the best, I love her so much. :) Of course! I really enjoyed your piece :)

• Lizzie R

I love this so much!! Music is truly the best thing in the world. Not a lot of people understand the power of music. It's so much deeper than a song. It holds a different meaning for everyone and it's saved people's lives. It's truly incredible.