Paisley Blue

they/them | 6.2.2020
lesbian & genderfluid | christian

full of wonder

wtw parent to that one rat from ratatouille
library buddies with SunV, almost flora kane, and em wilder

--

"My work is loving the world.
Here the sunflowers, there the hummingbird--
equal seekers of sweetness.
Here the quickening yeast; there the blue plums.
Here the clam deep in the speckled sand."
- "Messenger", Mary Oliver

"And I will show that nothing can happen more beautiful than death,
And I will thread a thread through my poems that time and event are compact,
And that all the things of the universe are perfect miracles, each as profound as any."
-Song of Myself (Leaves of Grass, Walt Whitman)

--

Making my way through this world, trying to help as many people as I can.

midwinter, longing for spring

15

i. evening prayers

my prayer is to be
    "rich and sweetly wild"
like the snowfall;

crunching like notes from the 
    ivory keys
of a piano who loves nothing but
    to praise God;

will i be the snowfall?

ii. sparrow's song

it was silent outside my window,
today,
and then a songbird started to sing.

i could not see him but i listened,
    his song so clearly spoke;
there can be no words for what he told me, but

sometimes i try to write it down anyways, 
    so that i will not forget
(but i will never forget).

he seemed so content with
    the life that he knew--
he has no possessions, no money, no clothes,
    and yet he knows happiness better, perhaps,

than you and i.
maybe somewhere, there is a message--
    of maybe i am simply full of the gladness
that comes with hearing a sparrow's song.

iii. afternoon walk

somehow, i think it is a blessing
    to walk among the snow drifts
        where the snow is splayed in
            deep purples and pale pinks, the

moment before she disappears
    over the horizon. somehow
        i think it is a miracle
            to breathe in the cold air, and

see my own breath curling away from me.
    how perfect is this? how perfect are we?

there are so many ways to flourish.
first week (well, three days, really) of lent. 
part i - 2.19.21 the line of this poem in quotes is from the poem "The Other Kingdoms" by Mary Oliver
part ii - 2.20.21
part iii - 2.21.21

• rwong

ok ok hi paisley!! i hope you’re doing wonderful and amazing (even though you won’t see this for another few days) but i just wanted to let you know that i won the poetry contest at school!!! thank you so much for your review and all your suggestions cause i super appreciate it and your presence here is amazing and you’re a huge inspiration to me and ehehe yea so tyyyyy <3

about 19 hours ago
  • abby.a

h o w d i d i m i s s t h is

i am kicking myself. three- THREE- days i went without reading this masterpiece. ugh. so amazing <33

1 day ago
  • Wisp

Uh- Excuse me, I did not ask to fall in love??? This whole piece is just so tranquil and relaxing and soothing and feels like a cozy blanket. Gosh I'm in love with this piece and I definitely agree with em, you should definitely submit this somewhere to be published! Go bless the eyes of others and grace them with the honor of your writing my dear. Everything about this is homey and feels every bit like the firsts of spring, like spotting budding flowers on a cherry blossom tree or seeing the browns slowly turn to green. It has such a lovely ambiance and the imagery is just exquisite. Certainly a gift with words my darling constant.
    Replying: Yes of course it's alright!! I'm already excited for your dust jacket!! Also here are some questions if you need some more:
    -What is the inspiration behind your pfp?
    -What was your first impression of the WtW community?
    -How did you come across WtW?
    -If you could do anything you wanted for a full day, what would you do?
    -What is one of your biggest dreams?
    You should most definitely be proud!! It's out of your comfort zone, but you still did it, and that alone is something to be immensely proud of, don't take it lightly my dear. Oh I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope the snow doesn't hit you too hard where you're at. Also yes!! I'm thrilled for spring, it's a lovely season full of such life!
    See you next Sunday my dearest constant (Also next Sunday? Are you taking week breaks?) <3 <3 <3

1 day ago
  • Mespotz

RE: Yes, I'm totally honored to know such a famous writer on Write the World, literally everything here comes in a circle back to you!!

1 day ago

Glorious

• em wilder

yes wow um you should like go have this published somewhere right now?! it's so peaceful and wholesome and beautiful and makes me sooo happy and content with where i am and who i am and what i'm doing. i love that you are writing short little poems each day. i can not choose a favorite line, but my favorite part is sparrow's song with a close second of afternoon walk. can't wait to read more of your work and catch up with you next sunday!
    re: eeeeee ahhhhh i wasn't on wtw yesterday but boy oh boy i loved hearing from you! i know, taking a break like that really gets you thinking about how much time you spend here... i think my record is like three hours... it's bad but also like it's mostly productive sort of kinda of. i've been having a little writer's block. like i have some ideas but no motivation right now. i'll get to it and i want to have something new that i'm proud of for you to read on sunday when you see this. ummmm doing school... what fun. loved hearing from you and i wish you many happy days. keep writing, keep being, by for now my paisley blue.
    <3<3<3
    ooooohooooh p.s. a poem got accepted to potted purple but at first they sent the rejection letter and thennnn like 5 minutes later they were like oops wrong email we are acepting you and i got really happy. it's called "counting by threes" and will be in issue 9. <3

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

As a tribute to wonderful followers like you I have started the series about my life. Please check it out, enjoy and give suggestions.

• rwong

re: omygoodness thank you so much for your suggestions!! yea i'm pretty shy in front of a camera and having to listen to my own voice again and again just *shudder* but seriously your comment is really really helpful to me, especially cause i tend to dislike presentations/recordings. a lot. but yea it means a lot to me <3 <3

• Livsnjutare (#words)

Oh!! So beautiful!!!! It was like . . . so elegant and flowy! XD
    Awesome job on the wonderful piece!

• rwong

re: omygoodness yes please!! give me all the performance tips you want cause i need them loll
    also ur comment -- it was so beautiful like how in the world do you write a COMMENT that gorgeously??? but yea i'd love to go to minnesota one day esp in the winter...literally i'd go anywhere in the winter if it snows there ehehe :) anyway have a wonderful day to you too!!

• rwong

ahhh i love this so much it's so peaceful and thoughtful but also like...inspiring? i'm not really sure how to put this into words but i think it's really really beautiful <3 i guess my favorite is part ii about the sparrows song -- did you semi-reference the Bible? cause if you did i think it worked really really well with the rest of the poem
    ok and finally i just wanna mention how u keep mentioning snow and now i'm jealous lol cause theres no snow where i am -- i havent even seen snow falling from the sky before :( but the way you describe it, it sounds so serene and beautiful and ahhhhhh
    ok imma stop talking now but i just wanted to say how much i loved this <3

ahh no i got the dates wrong lol... those are each one day ahead. XD sorry