Parisienne

18
Scorpio
Daydreamer, writer, artist and traveller
Coffee addict
Dreaming of Paris

This is very random but I hope you like it all the same :)
Have a great day, wherever you are xo

Sonder

10
I passed him by
in the blink of an eye
on a day of frost
in November 

He marched down the street 
with such restless feet
as his face became pink
and breath quickened 

I remember the way
he stomped off and away
with the customary nod
and polite smile

Perhaps there's a wife
featured in this man's life
which means he has got
to go quickly

I thought, maybe she's tired
carrying his child
constricted with a ring
on her finger

Or maybe there's love
with a man like a dove
who coo's softly when whistling
in the shower

Perhaps he's alone
so he stacks up his home
with books and cats 
or a canary

Perhaps he's a spy
noting each passer-by 
and he'll report about me
in code later

or maybe it's just 
that he's out in the frost
and he smiled at the
robins and me

And so I'll never know
if his house is a home
or if he's lacking
some company

But I hope it's a life
lacking struggle and strife
dear stranger 
who wandered past me
I think I think too much :)

• February 21, 2021 - 10:05am (Now Viewing)

ah, sonder! it's a peculiar and incredible thing, isn't it? you really wove a story here. and yes, i definitely overthink! it probably is a common trait in writers XD but like Zirong said it can be helpful for inspiration!

• nolongeractive

Re: Thanks so much, and it is great to meet you! And my email is: jacobhouston@duxbury.k12.ma.us and I do have some song ideas to work on with youl

• nolongeractive

Re: WOW, thank you so much for your kind words. They mean everything to me, and I would LOVE to collaborate.

• Lizzie R

Re: Thank you :) I feel bad that I. haven't responded yet but I will soon!! xx

• Zirong

This makes me feel so peaceful...it has a vibe I really love but can't fully describe...Anyway, I agree with Lizzie R and Livsnjutare that overthinking is a writer's thing haha. That can be quite tiring in life at times but is a great help when we want to be inspired :)

re: wow your mom is an expert on star signs?! WOW jaksfkshtafadkjt THAT'S SO COOL! I think it's really great that your parents know a lot about things you like! That ensures that you have common topics of interest, which many families find it hard to find :D
    "go to a club and ask for a herbal tea"!!! XD Sounds like something I would do, too! But I think it's better for us to inhabit cafes instead XD
    Taking flights alone is definitely not easy -- there's no one to talk to(unless make friends with strangers) and sometimes incidents can happen. Actually when I was returning home from the Europe trip I had to take a flight back alone because I didn't go with my parents(I went with my aunt -- she led the tour group, but she lives in New Zealand so different flights) During lunch time I accidentally knocked over a cup of water and it wet an old gentleman sitting beside me. Though he didn't complain and I apologised, I still felt so embarrassed and really wished my mom was there :D Also, thank you for your lovely words aww~ Oooh I can imagine how beautiful the sight of the alps is, and yes I surely adore that moment aww! Maybe that's just what heaven will look like! Who knows? :D
    I'll be so excited if I get accepted into a UK uni haha :3 Maybe we'll meet each other! The education styles in UK and US unis are so different but I love both!
    I'm so happy that you like my ideas! Actually I am still thinking about my TEDx topic so "true love" can be considered :D And no worries I've not been hurt by love (yet) haha XD
    It's so nice chatting with you and I love every single one of your poems so much <3 They really make my day <3 I've not been inspired for a while(not sure it's my writer's block or just that I don't have enough time to think through things) Hopefully I can create a piece or two these few days :D
    Have a nice day ahead :) <3

• Alias 3

I love the thought put into this and so well written too!

• Dragonfly

Re: Yes, it isn't, but I enjoy using English more than German when writing. Thank you! I suppose I simply have to think a bit more before I write..
    Thank you, yes (though it might be a bit late for an answer..) I hope you're having a good day too! :)

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

As a tribute to wonderful followers like you I have started the series about my life. Please check it out, enjoy and give suggestions.

• Lizzie R

I love this so much, Becca!!! It's normal to think too much I think it's a writer thing lol

Re: Thank you so much :)) I'm going to respond to your email as soon as I get the chance I'm technically doing school right now so I can't but I will when school ends!

• Livsnjutare

This is really great!! I love the rhymes too! Also, us writers tend to think a LOT, that's what inspires these wonderful pieces I have been seeing! Great job!!

• Dragonfly

Re: Thank you so much! :) and thank you for the feedback, I was not sure, if it was the right word to use.

• Dragonfly

This is wonderful! I love the simplicity and yet the detailed descriptions of every possible identity. I really enjoyed reading it!

• barelybear

This is so cute! I don’t think I’ll be able to stop thinking this when I see strangers now haha.
    Ahh your comments always make me grin, so thank you :)
    Have a great day!