Pavlo Korol

Ukraine

FANTAZER
BTL Alumnus
God's Negotiator
Procrastinator
Secret Keeper
Mason Member

He Passed Away

6
Today, dear followers, if anyone still follows me, I'd like to appeal to you and express my deepest emotions and feelings that occurred to me during the last few days. This week has been extremely difficult and the reason is that my grandpa passed away. It's a huge loss to everybody, when someone you love leaves you. To me, it's even bigger than a regular loss. My grandfather, Ivan Taranenko, was not only a kin to me, he was my real friend. Certainly, calling him a friend can be truly relative, since he's from one generation, whereas I'm from absolutely another one. It was not a big obstacle or hurdle for us, however. If you read my previous pieces, you may see, some of them called "The Dunca Store" or "My Grandpa" or something. Now though, with him dead, I won't go to that store to take some shots, as the feelings have now faded away. 
It was a typical Tuesday, I was home all day long, because it was the distant education time. Nothing was scary nor suspicious. I, as normally, got done with my homework, school-work and what not and I decided to go visit my grandparents as I've been doing that for the past year and a half. The day was no different from any other ones. I played cards with my grandpa, then we went to the store and that being said, we took some shots, visited my great grandma and that's it. But very little did I know that it was the last time I bought Brendi coke, my grandfather's favorite beverage, that it was the last hand-shake with him and the last words out my alive grandpa's mouth. He was, is and will be the best grandpa I've ever had. The feelings that I sensed at the moment when my parents broke into the main hall room overwhelmed and inundated me with pain and despair. My mother saying "Your grandpa's feeling unwell, we're gonna get there" is one of the most terrifying and intimidating things that happened to me. Next day, I went to school, with my face gone. Some of my classmates noticed that I was being a little unsettled. It's now that the whole Chornobay borough is aware of the news. But, on Thurday, when I was being taken away by my granny from school, I understood that this was it. My school principal was the one who told me this, which is unproper, to some extent. That's my family and that's my school life, there is a humongous gap between these two things. I'm now in a deep griefing and mourning for my grandpa. I was at the funeral, I saw the process conducted by our local priest. I just never thought that this diease would happen so quickly and that it would happen now, to my grandpa. He died at the age of 71, which is a pretty decent age in Ukraine as a lifespan. He died due to a stroke that hit him directly into his brain. Damn, so many people came up to the funeral. My grandpa was REALLY a well-respected person in the town. My brother, uncle and aunty came over to be present at the funeral. I looked at my grandparents' house differently as the priest started doing his process. What I'm now saying is that this week has been the hardest in my life so far, but despite all the hardships, I gotta move on, as that's what my dead grandpa wants me to do.

• February 21, 2021 - 4:08am (Now Viewing)

• Pavlo Korol

Thank you all for such kind comments. They help me a lot. I believe my grandpa is now in a better world.

• BriRiley

Oh no! I hope you and your family are doing okay. I know its hard to lose a loved one. :( But we are always here for you :)

• SamRose

I am so sorry for your loss! I have gone through two like it in my childhood. I lost my grandpa when I was nine, and my grandma when I was 12. Now that I am 15, I am still sad whenever I think of either of them. I am here if you ever need to talk. Your grandpa sounds like an amazing person anyone would have been lucky to know.

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

I’m so incredibly sorry for this soul wrenching, heartbreaking, breath stealing loss. I know I can’t do anything to make this better right now. But if you need anything at all I’m here for you. I can listen to you, cry with you, or anything you need. You are so brave to have published this on this site. I can tell your grandpa was a wonderful man.

• astrea

hope you are doing well, take care <3