Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Singing into the darkness on the deck of a beach house while powerful winds try to steal you away is the most exhilarating experience. I was off-key, but I was free.

at the end of the flame

21

i can see us
hands falling into place
burning waves
taking us farther than we'd ever planned
and the anchor lifts out of the sea

we are alive and beating
simplicity gives way to embers
of hope
they are blazing
beautiful destinies

but
when the glitter falls
and wind strips the warmth away

all we are is a pair of teenagers
trying to
fill in the shadows of impossible
hold onto memories of ineffability
scream a song loud enough to forget our pain

hearts shriveling into
ash

and we're back at the beginning again
I rewatched The Greatest Showman last night, and Rewrite the Stars hit a lot harder than it used to.

• Wisp

Replying: Okay first, happy butterfly's comment just has me smiling to no end.
    Second, ahhh you're so so sweet!! And of course you're welcome, you've always been such a comforting presence to me on WtW and I hope you know that :)

KDBDNFUDBB I OPEN MY NOTIFICATIONS AND SEE SOMEONE HAS FOLLOWED ME,NATURAKKY I GO LOOK AT YHE PROFILE. ALEX. IT IS ALEX AKA YOUR BROTHER AKA MY TRIPLET. IM SO HAPPY BUT WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME. TO BE HONEST IM ACTUALLY VERY NERVOUS TO REACH OUT AND I HAVE TO GO SLEEP NOW BUT TOMORROW MORNING I AM GOING TO GREET.NDUDN

ANNE

• Wisp

First, I LOVE The Greatest Showman, by far one of my favorite movies, like every single part of it.
    Second, oh my goodness is this beautiful! The whole idea of happiness remaining brief or that in a moment all of that could simply disappear comes across beautifully here. I love the idea of people living in the moment, and then reality creeping back up on them. I mean, it's a common feeling really. Like on breaks, or vacations, or even weekends, we live in this moment of bliss before it all simply disappears at a moment's glance. And you capture that effect so beautifully and whimsically here, like it has such depth and meaning. There's a heavy and impactful meaning in your words that just makes all of it a wonder to behold. It's like one of those pieces that once the words seep in, it hits you so hard. Lovely.

Here's my very late, very long overdue #januarygifting to you (I intended to give one earlier, but with my break I didn't get a chance so here it is!):
    You have always been sweet to me. Those days a couple months ago where we interacted between comments were some of my brightest days. You've lifted my spirit with your kind words, and I am so happy to have the honor of meeting you. You always have sweet words to say on my pieces and you're simply wonderful. It's been magical getting to know you, every interaction we've had has made me smile. You're a lovely person and you are so infinitely kind. Thank you so much for everything you've given me, I am so incredibly thankful. Wishing you the best :)

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

this is so beautiful!!!!!
    okay I had to talk
    you know who said he was going on hiatus but then he just posted some stuff
    It's confusing
    and I ask him in the comments "if you review a piece of mine I'll review one of yours" or "hey, I'd love to review a song, if I do so will you review one of mine" and he never gets back to me
    its confusing man
    great great piece!!!

• nolongeractive

I think that this might be one of the best songs I have seen on this platform. It is so deep and meaningful in unexplainable ways, as it captivated with its descriptions of ordinary feelings that often aren't brought up in today's world. This is so lovely! Such relatable and special words. If you would like to review one of my songs, I would love more reviews on mine called 'butterfly sadness,' 'gatekeeper,' and 'motif.' Much love! Also, if you want editing or songwriting help [OR WANT TO COLLABORATE ON A SONG], please don't hesitate to reach out.

Re: Awwww tysm! Idk lol, it was just going to be normal then I kinda thought....hey this could be funny! So yeah :P Thanksss :D

replying: :):)<3 oohhh lala
    (sorry for the sucky comment i've been super busy)

• ANSON REYNOLDS

re: thank you!! and yeah, your theory makes sense

• happygiggles

Re- tHeY gRow uP FaSt

• happygiggles

Reading this brought me sheer delight! It’s totally amazing! Kudos to you!!! :D

Re- Thank you so much, I’m glad you loved it! I THINK I LOVE HIM LMAO

• Starlitskies

Woah! The poem is so beautiful and the title so abstract that it seems poetically untouchable!
    "hold onto memories of ineffability
    scream a song loud enough to forget our pain" - I love this!
    And I love the message box too!

• ANSON REYNOLDS

ahaha yeah ok I won't drown it ;)
    Uhhh yeah it's for your piece!! Kinda weird- it shows 501 for me XD

• ANSON REYNOLDS

also, 501 WHAT?! Congrats :)

• ANSON REYNOLDS

The Greatest Showman: *insert mind blowing up* It's so good!!
    Your Poem: *chucks The Greatest Showman into the ocean(well, it's Indiana, so I guess I'm tossing it into a lake or sumthin)* SO GOOOOOOD!

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

Thanks to wonderful friends on here like you I have started a series on my life. Please check it out.

• Alias 3

Wow! This is amazing!

• GraceWritesTheWorld

Beautiful. That song really hits different depending on the circumstances.. Yeesh, I really do love this <3

• Livsnjutare

awww! I love this! My sisters are obsessed with The Greatest Showman and have played the soundtrack SO MANY TIMES. Great poem!!

oh my gosh. this blew me away. very poignant.

• Just_A_Memory

Oh woah.... This is stunning!
    "all we are is a pair of teenagers
    trying to
    fill in the shadows of impossible
    hold onto memories of ineffability
    scream a song loud enough to forget our pain"
    That hit harder than it probably should have

ah this is so beautiful anne "i can see us hands falling into place burning waves" yess, so simple yet so pretty and meaningful; your superpower.
    ugghh i looove the greatest showman, its one of my favourite movies. ahem... yes i see you relating rewrite the stars to mb... girl i got you.
    umm beachhouse??!! yes please.i envy. also i envy how romantic that is lol *relating to message board*

• McK13

Wow. Just wow. This is so deep and meaningful! You are so talented and this piece is beautifully written. Ooh, I love when you get a totally different perspective on a song, movie, poem, etc and your entire opinion or thought of something is completely flipped. Very inspiring! Keep writing — your incredible :)

• BriRiley

Re: Haha, XD you can call me Bri or Kennedy I don't really care. :D XD

• BriRiley

I love when that happens with songs or things you read! It gives you a completely different view sometimes. This is a really cool piece!