Alias 3

15

'It's not what do you want to do when you grow up but who do you want to be.' - Alias 3

Late nights and early mornings with music are my cup of coffee

P.S Go to song during a Zombie Apocalypse, Bad Girl by Donna Summer.

Time Without Purpose Only Serves to Delay Death

Prompt: The message in a bottle someone found on the beach. What does it say? 

My father once told me that the most important thing in the world was time. It was what every man craved the most. But I say, what is time without purpose, without someone to spend it with. If most men crave time without a reason to spend it, that is because most men fear death and only wish to delay its coming with the sentiment of 'more time'.

I am aware that my time is nearing it's end but I do not fear it. I only fear that I may die on this island, without anyone ever truly knowing nor caring.

When we first set sail, I was young, naive, ambitious, eager to leave my mark on the world but now that I am without hope of being rescued I request one final wish. To the receiver of my message, I ask that you please do me the honour of sparing a few tears for my sake.

I may not ever be able to leave my mark on the Earth but if at least one stranger grieves my absence then a mark on someones' heart may be comparable to the world and thus I may die peacefully.

(Post Script-Please place the letter back into the bottle and throw it out to sea once you have finished reading it.)

Signed, Caspian Mitchells.

If each person who has read the message in the bottle has thrown it back into the sea, where do you think the bottle has travelled to? How many people do you think have read what he wrote and shed tears for Caspian? Perhaps in the end he really did leave his mark on the world?

• Dragonfly

This wonderfully written! It is thought-provoking and tells a story at the same time! And the footnotes are just as interesting, because they put the whole content into perspective.
    Re: Thank you so much!

Re: Awww tysm!

• Parisienne

This is such a beautiful idea and I love the philosophy behind the first paragraph!!
    re: thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it!! :)

• in_love_with_writing [on hiatus]

Wow your prose is truly beautiful. This was lovely, and really enjoyed the questions at the end.

• Lizzie R

I love this so much!! It's so interesting and truly hooks the reader in right away. I love the questions at the end that help the reader reflect and analyze what they just read. Well done :))

Re: Thank you so much! :))

• WordsSpeakLouder

The questions at the end are a very nice addition and help the reader reflect and think back on what they just read. I think that was very nice.

• Vista of Grace

This wonderful and a glorious sentiment. You reached me in ways only words can so Thank You.