Livsnjutare

#words
Book Kitten
14
My name's Alessia
Swimmer
Writer
CHRISTIAN
Crazy Cat Lady
Gardener

INFJ
District 11
Subject B57 "The Sunshine"
Pyrokinesis
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Joined September 2020

Dekker/Messenger/Collins/Dashner/Peretti

"Be careful, don't die."
~Minho~

"Stay alive"
~Haymitch Abernathy~

"Great, we're all bloody inspired."
~Newt~

We are the Explorers

20
Maybe it's the aroma
The smoky smell of the worn pages 
Over flowing with wisdom
Adventure bursting at the seams
The earthy scent that immerses you father into the depths 
Depths and feelings that will never let you go
They sit there untouched for years 
Waiting for an explorer to set eyes on them
To take hold of them, never to let go

Maybe it's the room
The wooden, ancient walls 
Standing tall
Boasting it's treasures
The shelves that can hardly contain the manuscripts
Are mounted on the walls 
Holding wisdom, no one can comprehend

Maybe it's the land
Just outside 
The lands hint that fantasy and magic is abundant
The grass knows what is held in the building
It waits for the person, the one explorer
bound to set eyes on this place
Only the person with the special sight
The sight that can see the beauty and wonder in things
not worth money or riches 
will uncover the true magic of their discovery

That we love so much

It is us 
The explorers
That risk everything 
Opening up the ancient contents
Letting the aroma surround us
Letting it's earthy scent graze us
We understand the room and it's strength
We listen to it boast about it's contents 
We listen to it with both ears
The land knows us when it sees us
It can see immediately that we are the rightful explorers
It sees that we already know of the riches encased in the cover
The we have the special sight 
To the see the beauty in things
Others may wrinkle their noses at, laugh at the weakness of the room, scoff at the simplicity of the land

But we know 
And that wisdom
That knowledge 
Is enough
Because we have treasure 
That is invisible to no one but us
The rightful discoverers 

Of the tales untold
This idea came to me this morning when I was half asleep. I don't know where it came from. But, it may be the best poem I have ever written. I hope you enjoy!

1

• nolongeractive

This is such an amazing, strong, and powerful piece of writing! I really admire all of the word choices and I cannot get over the strength that you have with your descriptions. I cannot wait to see what else you write because you are such an amazing writer!

• SamRose

Review group assignments have been posted! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/226489/version/478258

• Chronic and ironic

Re: the cheesecake was really good!! and my dog's name is Keizer :) he's a rescue and a big boyo with a head the size of a basketball and maybe a VERY large soft ball

• gabimarie

re: thank you so much! i'm so glad you enjoyed it! have an amazing day :)

• SamRose

Re: Thx!

• SamRose

Ok, time for another round of the Peer Review club! I know, it hasn't been two weeks, but I have gotten so many new recruits I figured I should do a new round with the new members and then we can start on a somewhat normal schedule with this. :) So, please visit this piece: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/225472/version/475763 and leave a comment including between 1-3 pieces to be reviewed! If you don't have any to be reviewed, please let me know still so I can make sure everyone saw this. I will compile a list of all the new assignments for reviews, and leave you another comment with the link to that post. Thank you in advance! And as always, happy reviewing! XD

• psithurism

re: Thanks! :)

• SamRose

Re: Thx XD

• al3xandra_9219

Just submitted a review for the "Peer Review Club" thing :) Should come through soon. I really love this piece <3

• mindfruit

Re: thank you :)

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: Haha, thank you! The kitten is the cutest evil overlord that ever existed! XD

• BizzleWrites

Re: Aww, thanks! :) Also, I really love this poem. It is absolutely amazing.

• løne wølf [semi-hiatus]

simply lovely, and i love the last line! <3

re: thank you so much for your kind words :) the poem i wrote was a reference for a prompt i made up. if you'd like to participate, you can write a poem about what completes you and title it anything you want; just make sure you tag it #myessence. <3

• In Which Yaya Writes

Ahh, I love this! Only recently have I started joining the reading/writing community, and I've heard reading described at those once or twice before, and I think it's perfect! This is an amazing poem! I'm gonna save this. Great job!
    Replying: A MASTERPIECE?! Oh my freakin' goodness!! Thank you so much! You're amazing!
    *gasp* You have TWO Maze Runner quotes! Oh my gosh! I LOVE The Maze Runner! Wow, I feel like I'm being so extra in this comment XD. Anyway, you're amazing and I love you!

• Coeur

This is wonderful!!

• bookmagic

Wow! This really makes me feel like an adventurer. It's really well written and I absolutely love it.
    re: Thank you so much! I don't really have a favorite character because they're all super great. In terms of who I'd want to befriend right away upon coming into the lost cities, though, I'd have to chose Marella.

• BriRiley

Re: Thx for the comment!
    And this is a really cool piece! :D

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: yeah there’s been some side smirks and comments at school too, unfortunately they’re in my cohort of 12 :( I had the option to switch cohorts but that’s what they would have wanted so I’m staying :) thank you for the support and I totally agree as well

• barelybear

Re: thank you!!!
    Btw I adore this poem and go you writing your best ever piece of poetry <3
    Hmm I read the room as a library, the aroma as the scent of a good book, and the exploration as getting lost in a novel. It’s a super cool piece!
    Have a great day :D

• journal.scribbles

Wow, I love how this poem feels so mystical and magical! Beautiful descriptions!!

• Just_A_Memory

Love the descriptions!! I'm a sucker for them xD

Re: Thank you! Glad to have shared a new word <3

• Dragonfly

This is a wonderful poem! I love the detailed descriptions you use and it's so enthusiastically written, it made kind of excited! it also has a mysterious touch
    Re: Thank you so much!