_Delphiruns2theocean_

Delphi/DJ/Dee call me whichever idc :)
female
soccer & surfer 4 life
feminist
christian
californian
way 2 competitive
bit insecure :p
ocean lover
gryffindor
defy all stereotypes being a blonde female
surprising, romance novel lover ;)

WtW twins with ~rain~ who is amazing! Check her out!
And kathryn siena (help her reach her goal ;)
Goal:140 followers by July!
Quotes
"My coach said I ran like a girl, and I said if he ran a little faster he could too" -Mia Hamm
"Young girls are told you have to be the delicate princess, Hermione taught them that you can be a warrior" -Emma Watson
"Women belong in all places decisions are being made" -Ruth Bater Ginsburg
"You alone are enough, you have nothing to prove to anyone"-Maya Angelou
"I wish women would stop apologizing for those very things that make us women"-P!nk
"There are two powers in this world; one is the sword and the other is the pen, there is a third power stronger than both, that of women" -Malala Yousafzi

A P O L O G Y (FOOTNOTES PLEASE!!!)

13
A: Always for something the person did wrong
P: People say they mean it, but half the time they don't
O: Our society thinks it makes everything okay, it doesn't
L: Less of the time, but still some if it, it's genuine
O: Often it's just empty words that are broken
G: Giving in, saying "it's fine" when it's really not, is bad
Y: You think it's a promise "it won't happen again" but it might

Apology
it's empty words
sometimes,
the lucky
gold star
lottery winning
ones 
are special
and rare,
they are genuine 
the person
really means it.
Other times,
they say they're sorry
but if you look closely
they never say for what,
it's cause
they're forced
not genuine.

Everyone thinks
once it's out there
it's okay,
clean slates are rewarded to everyone
free of charge,
but really
it's not taken to heart.
It can be,
but you can tell,
it's not in a text,
or not 
just
a text,
or a mumbled one,
it's raw,
real.
It's not a punishment,
it's not a magic wand,
it can be repeated over and over
but it can't be
genuine.
People say
"they said they were sorry"
but that doesn't make them
magically innocent,
free.
They can do many things
good and bad,
when you accept
or reject one
make sure 
you know which category
it falls in.
So, as some of you know, I was cyber bullied recently for the second time. If you didn't, check out my piece B L A C K M A I L (footnotes please!) and the footnotes will explain. The school counselor said they would investigate it over the break, which I'm currently on til Monday. A couple days ago, I received a text apology from one of the two bullies, the one who did a bit less damage to me. It said "I'm sorry for the things I said, it won't happen again" etc. etc. So far I haven't received an email from the counselor, I'll reach out Monday if I haven't gotten a follow up, but I really want to teach these guys a lesson for once, the last cyber bullying I received the bully got no punishment, just, a text apology. If you have advice, I'd love to hear it, it's needed for me. Again, apologies are sometimes genuine, but in situations like mine, they're really not enough.

Oof, I can't believe they didn't even punish the guy. Seems unjust. You should literally just ignore him from now on. Don't even waste your time giving him attention.
    Re: Yeah, I'm not saying all public schoolers are toxic, but I've noticed that most of my public school friends are either bullied for being different at school or else experience a lot of girl drama, which I really have never experienced with my homeschooled friends. I personally don't care much for the environment cause I'd rather just hang out with my friends for social time and not have to put up with anyone else. I also like to work on my own schedule and not have to wait for the teacher or other students, which is another perk of homeschooling. : ) But if other people like public school, that's totally cool, I just would rather continue my mother's tradition of homeschooling cause it works for us.

• BirdofPrey

re: yeah true

• serein

re: let us know if you do!

• serein

re: oh of course!!! Honestly it is so disgusting that this happened to you I hope these people are ashamed of themselves. And the apology just makes me MAD....

• pyrrhic

i'm so sorry that some people are despicable enough to do this... it is not okay under any circumstance. i hope that they are punished accordingly and they have to at the VERY LEAST give you an IN PERSON, sincere and genuine apology. if the counselor doesn't go anything, send em' to us, we'll take care of it... >:]

• serein

oh my gosh bro that is truly the most horrible thing. I can't believe anyone would do that to you!! I was reading the comments, and I totally agree with Book Kitten. These people are cowards--they are to afraid to say it to your face, so they do it online. And I'm assuming these people are doing it because something is going on at home, or they've been hurt, yada yada yada. No. This is about you. Honestly, you're totally right. When you've been hurt like that, an apology is not enough at all. I'm genuinely not sure what would make this right, because it's is such a disgusting thing to do. I'm so sorry. Just remember, you rock!! And everyone here at WtW has got your back and is supporting you! Sending lots of love!!!

• kathryn siena

That completely sucks. Don't listen to anyone. You are perfect and amazing just the way you are, and you shouldn't have to change how you look, or your personality, just because someone doesn't agree with it.

• xx carolina xx

Chapter 6 of Eden Hill is out:

(Woah. Quite the situation you're in. I'm sorry. Bullying sucks.)

• Livsnjutare

I can't believe anyone would cyberbully you!! That is so cruel! But, one thing about cyberbullying that I have realized is the reason they do it online. They are not brave enough to say it to your face. So in reality, they are cowards.
    I'm really sorry that that happened to you, I hope they pay the price or give a sincere apology, like you talked about in you poem.
    love,
    kitten

• Just_A_Memory

Loving these acronyms, but this is so sad! I hate bullying, and I'd never wish it on anyone, however easy or hard it is. If you ever need a helping hand, or someone to talk to, I'm here and ready to listen. <3

• Parisienne

I'm so sorry that you've been bullied! It is literally the worst, I hope you get more support from the counselor!! Take care and if you need to talk to someone feel free to reach out to me <3
    Re: thank you so much! This piece is so clever btw love the first paragraph especially

• BirdofPrey

Re: and our coach couldnt stay with the team cause her family got sick i think so we got a new coach who never played tennis ever, while the boys got someone with actual experience. i mean the coach is a really nice person and im glad we had her but still

• BirdofPrey

re: yeah the boys always get the new stuff... during tennis the girls had to wear tank tops and super short tennis skirts while boys got super comfortable long shorts and t-shirts (i talked my coach into letting me have a boy's uniform lol) but its insane how even the uniforms have to be so different. just give me long shorts and a t-shirt and i wont complain, how hard is that for them to do?

• serein

re: ahaha same!!

• Ava Marie

Re: Thank you so much, you sound like a really cool person too
    Also, this piece is so cool, I love the acronym at the beginning and the meaning behind it is really powerful and comes across clearly