TerenNeret

Malaysia

I'm a writer. Reader. Piano player. Survivor watcher. Food lover. Hair braider. Hat wearer. Over analyser. Hufflepuff-er. Also a glow-worm in my free time.

As someone with over-writing tendencies, writing exactly 100 words was a struggle. I've always sympathised with runner ups, second places, those so close yet so far (*cough* Adam Lambert on the eighth season of American Idol, absolutely robbed *cough*). Here's my homage to all my second-place homies. You are all Adam Lamberts and One Directions to me.

the winner takes it all

PROMPT: The Drabble

9
This is it. The crystalline moment every teardrop and cough drop was for. Every midnight vocal lesson and three hour rehearsal under the blinding eye of the producers and her mother. She has nothing left to give, her battered mind an echo chamber refracting praise and hate. You've outdone yourself this time. But did she outshine the others? Her hands go clammy in the other contestants' weak grasp. A hollow show of solidarity. It's her or them. It has to be her. When is that damn host going to announce the results?

"And the winner is..."  

Her name isn't called. 

2

• Tachi

The sad reality

Oh wow!! I love this! It really shows how sad competitions are for the kids who don't win because they practiced just as hard as the winners and it often comes down to subjectivity! I love how you wrote the ending. It was a really cool way to fit your idea in very few words! I joined this site last night and I've already seen such great work! I would love it if you could give me some feedback on my work (they're all super super short) so I can improve.

• Yellow Sweater

Re: Aw! thank you so much!