Ava Marie

Hi I'm Ava
15
She/Her

Aspiring Author
Dancer
Rock Climber

Always laughing
Beatlemaniac
Favourite book: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Bad jokes are the best!
I draw occasionally
I love constructive criticism!

Joined: 11/14/2020

Just having some fun with this, please let me know what you think!

A Bit About Me

PROMPT: Dust Jacket

4
PROMPT #1: WRITER ID

1. What is your favourite genre to write?
My favourite genre to write would have to be historical fiction, specifically pieces set during the holocaust. I love learning about the history behind it all, for me, doing the research is half the fun. 

2. What is your favourite genre to read? 
My favourite genre to read is either fantasy or historical fiction.
For fantasy some of my favourite series are: Harry Potter, Percy Jackson/Heros of Olympus, Wings of Fire, House of Secrets, Land of Stories, and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. 
For historical fiction my favourites are: The Book Thief!!!!, Salt to the Sea, The Diary of Anne Frank, and The Book of Lost Names.

3. What draws you to the WtW community? 
What draws me to the WtW community has to be the community itself. Everyone is so kind and encouraging and I am so grateful that I found this platform. 

4.What do you find most challenging about writing?
Definitely starting a piece. Beginnings have always bene my week spot and I can't seem to make myself write the middle or the end first. 

5.Most exhilarating?  
The most exhilarating thing about writing is when you finish a piece and you are super proud of it. I also adore people critiquing my writing. You can't improve if you don't make mistakes. 

6. What is one goal that you have for yourself while here? 
To write more. I love writing but I don't always have the inspiration, and already in the few months I've been a part of this site I've written more than before.

PROMPT #2: ALL IN A NAME

• Were you named after someone?
Yes and no. My name is Ava and my great grandmother's name was Eva. But that's not really why ai have this name, my parents fell in love with the name Ava right from the beginning and there was barely any other options (Even before they knew I was a girl). 
  • Have you always been called a nickname?
I've had quite a few nicknames throughout my life from friends and teachers, but the one that's stuck around the longest is the one my parents gave me. They call my Bug or Buggy quite often, which is the shortened version of Little Bug.  
  • Do you know anyone with the same name?
Ava is 3rd most popular in the world I'm pretty sure and I know maybe six or seven other people with it.
  • Does your name have historical significance?
Not that I know of.
  • Do you have any funny facts or stories about your name?
I know that it means "like a bird" but that's about it. 

PROMPT #3: YOU IN THREES

• Three communities to which you belong (these can be unusual).   
The WtW community, (This is obvious, but I'm a writer)
My dance family/community, (As well as a dancer)
My climbing community, (I'm also a rock climber)
  • Three places you learn well (these can be unusual).   
In a classroom when there is not too much distraction  and the lesson is interesting.
My room, either on  my bed or at my desk (but it depends on what I'm trying to learn)
At the table where I can't get distracted without someone noticing and telling me to get back to work.
  • Three adjectives your peers would use to describe you.
Energetic, weird, and smiles a lot (I know this is not an adjective but it's how my friends describe me)
  • Three adjectives your family would use.
Beautiful, creative, dork.
  • Three adjectives you would use.
Enthusiastic, strange, thoughtful
  • Three beliefs you hold.   
Don't judge people before you gat to know them.
You can do anything in life as long as you work for it.
Be kind to everyone and treat people how you want to be treated.
  • Three sources of comfort.   
My dogs,
My bed,
My books
  • Three instincts that serve you well.   
I make friends easily, but hold a lot inside until I know I can trust them,
I do better when I don't overthink, which I do constantly anyways,
And I don't really know what else.
  • Three responsibilities you shoulder.   
My loyalties to my friends, my family, and myself.
My job.
Trying to do my best in school.
  • Three things of which you are proud.  
My little sister.
How much my writing has improved in the past year.
I can solve a rubix cube in under a minute.
  • Three qualities that make your life singular and/or unusual.
I have never sworn.
I am almost always smiling.
I'm the second oldest of twelve cousins.
I was looking through the prompt list and thought I'd give this one a try. Please tell me what you think!

• BriRiley

Yay! I love getting to know people! Nice to meet you! :D

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Wow, I don't really know you but now after reading this, I feel like I know you better :) Second oldest of 12 cousins, cool! I have a huge family too, except it's more like 40 cousins in all XD and many second cousins, as well as aunts and uncles. I'm somewhere in the middle of the oldest being there ten year olds and then 16-22 year olds. And rock climbing, that's awesome! You give me cool person vibes from this actually :) (if that sounds weird ignore me please :) and if you get the chance I'd love it if you checked out a piece or two of mine :)

• Mpm#1

I feel like we just had a nice long conversation and are good bros now from reading this... From that I guess you must have done a good job!! XD