astrea

I am a huge bookworm!
love pasta!
hate orange & chocolate combo..
gemini :)
and if i ever had to choose a power, it 'd be either telepathy or invisibility.
have a nice day!!

what are your thoughts?

Painting the World

14
"Ma, can you please buy a canvas for me?"

"The world is your canvas, dear."

"But I think I can paint on a canvas. Surely, I am past paper?"

"No dear, the paper is your past. Etched on it, is the soul of one generation to the next. Don't take it for granted."

"Ok... How about new colours?"

"We are all colours, dear."

"How so?"

"We are colours, my child. Our lives are our strokes on the world - canvas. sometimes smooth, sometime wavy, each one of us makes a painting. And if you have a keen eye, you should be able to see it."

"What colour am I, then?"

"That you shouldn't ask me! You are what colour you want to be. At the same time the artist who made the world can change your colour as he/she wishes."

"You are so dramatic, Ma."

"Am I?"

• February 21, 2021 - 3:48am (Now Viewing)

• nolongeractive

I really liked how this peace brought so many feelings and natural emotions that come with everyday life and made them seem normal, and I really and thoroughly enjoyed all of the metaphorical elements in the piece; it is so well written.

• Parisienne

This is such a gorgeous analogy!!!!

• BizzleWrites

Beautiful! This is how to convince a kid they don't need a canvas ;). Seriously though, it's a great piece.

• Zirong

Awww so lovely! The ending makes me smile :)

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

This is brilliant. It is so vivid. I love the dialogue so much. It feels really authentic. The mum is fantastic. She really is wise, has a way with words, and sees the world spectacularly. The canvas, paint, paper, and colours were just amazing. Your descriptions were beautiful.

• Toikupu~estVehementChirography

Ha the contrast between the Ma and the Kid was funny. The child being small and easily restless, the parent guardianing and guarding them wavingly. Funny and great!

• GraceWritesTheWorld

I absolutely love this! It sounds, frighteningly, like something my mother and I would say Lol.

• Sophiascb

re: That's the whole thing included actually! Sorry I didn't know how the titles worked at first so I have to republish them in order and separately

• Sophiascb

" No dear, the paper is your past. Etched on it, is the soul of one generation to the next. Don't take it for granted." Love this! You're amazing!

• BriRiley

This beautiful! And so true! You are a really good writer! :D

• Coeur

Really creative and pretty!!