løne wølf [semi-hiatus]

she/her | INFJ-T | ravenclaw
---
daughter of hades and persephone
hopeless romantic
theatre kid
selenophile
soprano
---
black lives matter.
you are valid.
#stopasianhate
---
also known as aftergløw [#words]

sometimes, it's the little things that matter

the essence of our souls

28
what are we made of?
what do we adore?
what completes us?
what taints our very being?

are we made of sugar snow and
maple leaves and
sweet vanilla and
pastel hues and
twinkling silver stars?

are we made of fantasy stories and
wistful looks and
pinterest boards and
gentle smiles and
theatre rehearsals and
shiny microphones?

are we made of lovesick gazes and
flinty texts and
quiet tears and
dark thoughts and
meaningful status messages?

what are we made of?

1

• YW_H

ohhhh wow i am so beyond moved by this piece ! i really love the way you used the questions in it because it added a sort of vulnerability to the piece which i really appreaicte!! i cannot wait to read more of your incredible work!!!!

• McK13

I feel so touched! This is so thought-provoking, beautiful, and deep! Because of your poem, I'll probably be up late tonight thinking of the question, "What are we made of?" (And that's an awesome thing because it shows how impactful this piece was!!!) You're such a stellar writer - keep doing your thing :)

• aalawrites

Wow. What an amazing piece! The imagery is so moving, and just amplifies the quality of the piece. It's so beautiful!

• JonesyL123

Wow, this is so beautiful and thought-provoking. I love the fabulous repetition and the wonderful meaning of this poem, it gave me shivers! Keep writing :)

• nolongeractive

This is so beautifully done, you have so much talent, and I love how much raw emotion it has! Also, the title has so much power and meaning. Your writing is definitely going to change the world!

Oh wow!! I love this so much!! It really does show the simple things are all that matter!

• ~ carolina ~ {formerly rosi willard}

congrats on 100+ followers!

• Zirong

re: ohhh thank you so much for your advice! I look forward to reading from you soon :)

This is a really beautiful poem.

We must be sisters<3
    Hades and Persephone are my parents

• Zirong

re: haha it's okay, but if you decide to write some fan fiction one day, pls inform me!!! Can't wait to read!!! I have some ideas now and maybe I'll try a prompt from the mid-Feb grab bag today(I really hope the writer's block is gone). You may check it out if you want XD It's nice chatting with you! Hope you have a great day ahead!

• Ren(hiatus)

Ah I love how thought provoking this is. Though honestly I think we all are just little bits of everything hahaha. Though yeah pretty great poem
    Re: *clinks back* we're drinking apple juice right
    Thank you for the comment :D also I dont think we've met before so nice to meet you!

re: ah i love your new username... reminds me of two wonderful songs with the same title ;) and the "o" you use is just a perfect touch

• Zirong

re: thank you so much! I read about J. K. Rowling's words on the news and I'm sorry that she disappointed you. I feel that's really bad too. Actually a while ago there was a debate about whether we should separate a writer/movie producer/artist(etc.) from the person's works. My stand is that we should not, because ethics must come first, then talent, right? :) I really like Captain America and the Scarlet Witch. Actually I can't really pick because they are all so cool. :D

• journal.scribbles

Ooh, I love this! You somehow managed to pack a whole bunch of beautiful imagery in five short stanzas. Great poem!
    re: Thank you! And wow now I'm jealous, I've only listened to the soundtrack since my family doesn't yet have Disney+ :) I'm so glad my comment made your day, the fact that my comment made your day made my day!

this is so soul-searching and beautiful. it really makes you think

• Livsnjutare

This is wonderful!! I love the prompt, you wrote it perfectly!

• Zirong

OMG THIS IS SO LOVELY!!! Actually super thought-provoking as well!!!

re: awww thanks a lot! You can check out my YouTube channel for some covers(the same channel where I uploaded my song for the Feb song-writing competition here) YAY let's chat more! I can't think of any crazy questions XD so let me just ask a normal one: which movie/book is your favourite? My favourite movie is Hachi: A Dog's Tale and I cried like 40 times when I was watching it. I like action movies too and am a super fan of the Avengers! As for books -- Looking for Alaska is just extraordinary(my favourite book, actually). John Green is a legend. How about you? :D

• WrenBirdWrites

Re: Thank you! And, of course! You are an amazing writer! <33

• First Name Last Name

i love this! short but still meaningful and it hits hard, each word was well thought out, good job!!

• WrenBirdWrites

I- all I can say is, wow. This is absolutely amazing!
    "are we made of lovesick gazes and
    flinty texts and
    quiet tears and
    dark thoughts and
    meaningful status messages?" That! Really got to me! Ahhh! So lovely! I love the title as well! <33