Odyssey

she/her/violinist/reader/writer/theater kid/singer/ LOTR fan/Hufflepuff/ dreamer/sister/child at heart

“There’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.” -Samwise Gamgee

Trying to craft meaningful stories while juggling school, family, and life in general.
Someone who likes to write and loves to live.
My username is Odyssey because we are all on our own journey. :)
Hi everyone reading this, I hope you are having a fantastic day.

You are loved and you have meaning. Never forget that.

I'll also probably forget to respond to comments- it's not cause I don't appreciate them ( I do- a lot), I'm just really absentminded.

Interested in art, the future, philosophy, morality, ethics, the origins of the universe, and the meaning of life. Trying to figure it all out.

Allow the Words to Overflow

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

4
I think my best writing comes when I am sitting somewhere, just living, just thinking.
There was a time when I would force words angrily, making them appear on the page out of desperation rather than joy. I have to write, I would think, I have to write or else the words will die inside of me, and with them, a part of myself will die.
But now, I allow the words to fill me up before spilling out of me. I allow myself time to think, and to brood, to contemplate, and to ponder. When an idea presents itself in my brain, I observe it, and if it appeals to me, I keep it in the corner of my mind until I can write it down. 

And when I write, that idea fills my head until I can not contain it, and it overflows into the tangible world.
And I write. 
I write without regard to what I am writing. I write freely, without stopping, and without even forcing myself to think. Whatever appears on the page is what is meant to be written.
There will always be time to go back and change a word here, a word there, but when I am writing like I mean it, when I am writing for myself and from my heart, when words jump out of my fingers like flames, I do not worry about what it is that I am writing.
I simply write, and it is the speaking of my heart, the essence of who I am. 

• February 19, 2021 - 11:39am (Now Viewing)

• BriRiley

Same! This is what i do too! And you wrote this beautifully!