anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (rosi)

Child of God
logophile
athletic nerd

Female
Soph.

Anthony is the main character, Adelaide is his younger sister, and Gregory and Sawyer are Anthony's friends. Kellie is Sawyer's girlfriend. Eleanor and Lawrence Chao are Anthony and Adelaide's parents.

The Kind of Person... (For New Short Story)

8
Anthony Chao is the kind of boy who stifles his laughter at sitcoms lest his mother catch him, and whose eyes light up when he talks about cars and are quickly dimmed when his father is near. 

Gregory Wen is the kind of boy whose mouth and heart are bigger than his brain, who has given up trying to be good enough so that he may live a life that is solely his.

Sawyer Thompson is the kind of boy whose subtle charisma makes people want to be around him without knowing why, a boy who possesses genuine friendliness but is always a hair away from having it all.

Kellie McCarthy is the kind of girl who always manages to surprise those around her, who speaks her mind but rarely offends, who keeps more secrets than she ever meant to.

WIllow Rutherford is the kind of girl whose nose is always in a book in order to escape herself, who finds her only scrap of control in her relationship with her boyfriend.

Alysa Beckit is the kind of girl who used to be popular and pretty; now she is raw and beautiful and angry, with a cigarette in her back pocket and a blasé smile on her lips.

Mrs. Eleanor Chao is the kind of woman who is simultaneously admired and loathed for her observance of the strictest decorum with guests (and her perfect soups) yet still makes her son feel unwanted and unworthy.

Mr. Lawrence Chao is the kind of man who does not practice what he preaches.

Adelaide Chao is the kind of girl who sees more than she lets on, hears more than she ought, and understands more than she wants to.

2.20.21: I added two new characters based on where my typing took me last night. Gregory, Sawyer, and Kellie were born, and I knew I had to add to this.

This prompt is no longer active, but I wanted to do it for a different story. So I figured I'd just write a new piece.
CREDIT to AmandaWritesRandolphTheRedNoesedSeaHorse(#holidayvibes), row_boat_writer, and Rose! for the use of their characters (Willow Rutherford and Alysa Beckit.) They're no longer active on WtW, but they're all busy girls who are working on many incredible projects.
We recently wrote a script together, and I wanted to branch off and do a short story on Anthony, my character. (I got their permission first.)

• løne wølf [semi-hiatus]

yessssss, these characters are all so unique! i'm in love! adelaide is a beautiful name <3

re: thank you so much for your kind words!! fingers crossed that a new normal will roll around soon! cornobble and defenestrate are going to be present in my vocabulary from now on >:D

• Ava Marie

I already love these characters and they need a story!

• ~ carolina ~ {formerly rosi willard}

Chapter 6 of Eden Hill is out:

I borrowed the name "Sawyer" from a spectacular piece called "Logan's Ceremony" by love, lise. One of the most touching and well-written pieces I've ever read.