mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

"take me with you, finished thing"
"too dizzying to love anywhere
but from a distance"

have an ineffable day!

<3<3<3

thanks to paisley blue, rwong, wisp, and crystalline galaxies for all the love and support.

scribble chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :), and Starlitskies.

i think i'm a broken umbrella?

take a deep breath and
let tomorrow dissolve
into today;

the essence of time

10

i. clambering up the rocks
to lay her head on my weary shoulder,
time pricked her finger 
on the jagged edge of a boulder;
she shrugged, not one to be
phased and resumed her steady ascent;
time reached me in her due,
leaning her warm body
against my feeble frame;

ii. you came
how could i forget?
all day i waited here
i am busy
i needed you then
i am here now

iii. defeat is a bitter medicine,
best taken with those you love;
alas, time has come at once,
her stained fingerprints
claim me as her own;

iv. i stand now,
towering over her,
a scowl etched into my forehead;
my bones creak with the effort
and my face stings; still i stand over
time; now i turn away;

no idea what this is, just wanted to write. it makes no sense to me. your interpretations? thank you.
<3<3<3

re re re: that is such a kind idea. i think that's brilliant. i don't want you to feel like you have to donate it, because you did earn it, but if that's what you want, then go for it.
    i'll definitely think about that and get back to you soon. i'm lucky to know you too. i wish i knew you irl, but i have a strange feeling that i will meet some of the wtw writers someday, whether i know it or not. especially those who live in Cali. <3 <3

re: ok, thank you so much fro the comments on my piece! i just love words, so the DOS is nothing short of perfection. (PSSSTT there will be a print edition!! on simon and schuster and amazon! november 16, 2021. i'm buying it ASAP! there's also a book called the emotionary, which is more funny and less deep, but still looks good)
    re re: aw, thank you. well, i couldn't have done it without you! competitions are like that, though. there really was so much incredible work, so i can't be too disappointed. it's not unfair—don't feel guilty, please!

• BirdofPrey

re: i really love this!! it makes sense to me, probably because im a bit insane. all in all, and amazing piece

ahh this is chilling!! it has a very ominous, dark vibe and i love it. my favorite stanza is iv, but my favorite line would probably have to be "defeat is a bitter medicine, / best taken with those you love; / alas, time has come at once" actually, i just realized that it has a totally different feel when the line is cut of there - wow!!! that's kinda cool. anyways lol :) i really liked it!! my interpretation of it would be..... well, the images i get are of an old man - not really super old, but old enough to have evaded Time for a while. i see him finally accepting her - or, maybe not accepting her but understanding that he can't keep running away. the last stanza to me feels like defeat; but a strong, reluctant defeat. idk what i'm saying haha this comment makes no sense but your poem is beautiful!!
    re: aww haha thanks mir!! happy sunday, i'm coming on for just a bit to check in with some of my favorite writers lol :) (that includes you if you hadn't noticed ;P )
    how has your week been? i miss talking to you, but i've actually had quite a bit of inspiration when it comes to poetry. and of course it's been nice to take a breath and be off of screens - i didn't notice how much i was actually on wtw until i made myself distance away from it! it's made me realize how much of my time i'm on screens, and particularly, on wtw. hope you're doing wonderfully :)) all my love, as always!!

• rwong

re: ahhhh yayyy im glad it worked i was kinda worried it wouldnt but :D it did ehehe and i guess now that you've seen me, here's to proper introductions LOL i feel like i've known you for so long and it's like...weirddd lolll oh and much thanks for your super sweet comment!! yea i had my ipad wayyy too far from me but that was the only angle i could figure out XD
    also oooo that actually seems super fun!! my mom likes to light candles at night, and its always super calming. i also have a tendency to stare into the dancing flame even tho its gonna kill my eyes lol (issok i already have a horrible prescription cause glasses and all that oops) personally im not a dancer but i like laying on the floor and contemplating thoughts while listening to music? idk lol i find it really fun ahaha
    oooo im glad u did well on ur math quiz!!! it's always nice to get it over with, and don't worry about your grade after you take it!! you can't change your answer after turning it in, so why worry? i keep reminding myself that cause i alwaysss stress about my grade but then also its kinda pointless? so yea
    also also gotta love puffers that aren't waterproof lol but im glad you got a real raincoat!!
    ok i think this comment is wayyy too long but yea have a good night/morning (if you see this in the morning, or afternoon!!) ok sorry lolll but sending love <3 <3

• rwong

hey hey heyyy mir!!! how r u??? i'm kinda bored right now...in the mood of feeling extremely unproductive but not wanting to do anything about it? idk if that's just a me thing but tomorrow i'll probably freak out over how much work i hafta complete and stuff and then whine that yesterday i did nothing. and i still dont think imma do anything...cause chilling is kinda fun lol
    anyway sending all my love <3 shell

• rwong

ooooo this is v haunting and chilling but i like it much :) i cant really place what comes to mind but kinda like running out of time? like she tried to get to you, but then time almost poisoned her (ok sleeping beauty vibes from my interpretation now that i reread it) and then it kinda seeped into you, and now you're just...left there. idk what i'm thinking and really sorry if that didnt make sense but i do like this a lot, truly mir <3
    sending love, shell <3 <3