løne wølf [semi-hiatus]

she/her | INFJ-T | ravenclaw
---
daughter of hades and persephone
hopeless romantic
theatre kid
selenophile
soprano
---
black lives matter.
you are valid.
#stopasianhate
---
also known as aftergløw [#words]

the rhyming is so choppy ahhhhhhhhh

a field of fireflies

i miss loud gyms
and resonant hymns,
bustling streets
and handheld receipts

i remember visible smiles
and Shoprite aisles,
tennis courts
and oral reports

i wish for shopping sprees
and leafy trees,
shared meals
and fishing reels

and when we're past all this
i'll savor the bliss
of obsidian skies,
while laying in a field of
fireflies
i know the rhyming probably doesn't work at all lmao, but i legit haven't left the house six months and really want to hug someone

• Ren(hiatus)

This is so beautiful though! I really really really love this honestly, same though I hope everything returns to normal sometimes. I kinda hate hugs but yeah, I think I want one too but gah I could ask my mum for one so my needs are covered XD
    Re: thank you!
    Apple juice it is then hahahah! Though!! We could also go with carbonated juices if that's your thing or soft drinks bahahaha. Not coffee definitely not coffee. Though honestly hot chocolate sounds better. Sorry I'm just rambling about drinks haha
    My favourite song? Ah well I think lost, love is not over, I need you, dead leaves, butterfly, a brand new day, heartbeat, save me, I'm fine, love yourself, stigma, scenery, epiphany, winter bear, promise, moon, inner child, 4 o' clock, hug me, run, anpanman, just dance, blue and grey. Other songs but I've probs forgotten their names since I haven't been listening to BTS much hahaha wbu tho?

• Love, Rose

the rhymes are beautiful what you chatting about

re: also CORNOBBLE the first time i found that word was glorious XD XD
    and defenestrate, yes, to throw someone out the window.
    "Yes, I heard she died from defenestration. It was tragic."
    "Sometimes I just want to defenestrate someone really hard from the third story."

the rhyming makes perfect sense! i'm so sorry you haven't been able to get out of the house... but at least you're writing beautiful poetry!
    re: thank you so much. i wanted it to be a meaningful piece as well as an announcement, so your comment means a lot to me. and i'm so glad you liked the songs! that might be my favorite ed sheeran song besides castle on the hill (not that i know a lot of them). and i love the message of taylor's "afterglow"

• Just_A_Memory

Also, Virtual hugs from me! I know it's not the same, but it's the best I can do

• Just_A_Memory

I think the rhymes are well written, on the contrary xD

• McK13

Re: aww, you’re so sweet! Thank you so much for your kind comments! Also, thanks for letting me know about how to republish and have the comments and likes — thank you, it was very helpful :)

• Zirong

"i'll savor the bliss/of obsidian skies,/while laying in a field of/fireflies"

awww I love this so much. This piece is so relatable! Though it's okay in Singapore now, I still remember how I almost went crazy last year during lockdown. Hope you can leave your house and hug someone soon <3

re: omg thank u so so much!!! I've been doing song covers on various platforms for some time now but singing to me is better as a hobby than a career haha. And adding my song to your YouTube list?! Sure! Actually I feel so honoured OMG!!!

btw I learn from some memes that INTJs and INFJs can make great friends XD And I also play tennis! :D

• McK13

I absolutely love this and I can relate to it so much! I haven’t been to school or really out of the house (besides doing drive-up grocery store orders) for almost an entire year so I miss all of these things, especially hugging people! Anyways, your poem is so true and the rhymes are so beautiful!

• pyrrhic

yeah i get this....

re: EXACTLY. i feel like parents are all about "i know what it's like to be a kid, i was a kid once too" but they still put unreasonable amounts of pressure on us like????

• Avril

Ahh yesss I can relate to this so much! Especially the part about visible smiles! And the first two lines, "I miss loud gyms/and resonant hymns". I miss those things sooo much!!
    Also I love the rhyming just the way it is! It's endearing ;) Thanks for this piece; it is so true!

• ArtCat

I love this so much, especially your last stanza! I also feel you, I really want to get out of the house too!