Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

HI, IM BACK AND I LOVE YOU ALL! <3
14 | she/her | Christian
Forgot my personality type but it's...uh, nvm I totally forgot
Can't think of anything else that's important
Loves...reading? Writing? That's kind of a given on the website

<3

Experimental Book (feedback please!)

21
Karina
(6:45 AM - September 1st)

“Get up,” a voice hisses in my ear.
    I sit up so fast that I narrowly miss headbutting my mother in the face. “What are you-”
    “School,” she says shortly before leaving the room.
    I sigh. “Good morning to you, too, Mother.”
    When I climb out of bed, I head for my closet. After all, it’s my first day of 10th grade and I want to make a good impression.
    Shirt after shirt, jacket after jacket, shoe after shoe-
    “Perfect!”
    I slip on turquoise tennis shoes that match the jacket and jogging pants I’m wearing. With my braided hair slung over one shoulder and my backpack over the other, I feel comfortable and ready for school.
    Until I walk down the stairs, that is. The moment my foot touches the floor, Mother spins in her chair to glare at me. 
    “What are you wearing?” she demands.
    “Um, clothes?” I reply, walking toward the fridge.
    She sneers. “Clothes? A trash bag would look better on you. And what are you getting now? Some food? As if you need any more.”
    My hand hesitates on the door of the fridge. I’m not hungry, I quickly tell myself. I didn’t even want anything to eat in the first place.
    My stomach, of course, is unconvinced, but it’ll come around. It always does.
    Mother’s cutting voice snaps me back to reality. “Are you gonna stand there all day? If so, you can walk to school. I’m not being late because you want to take your sweet time.”
    “I’m ready,” I snap back, stomping toward the front door.
    In a flash, she’s in front of me, her green eyes narrowed in hate. “Do not use that tone with me, young lady!”
    Avoid her gaze. Don’t meet her eyes. Show weakness and she’ll eat you up. “I understand.”
    “Good.” Mother’s silent for a moment and for a second, I hope against hope that she’s gonna let it go. “Oh, and just to make sure that it sinks in, why don’t you walk to school today?”
    And with that, she stalks away, slamming the door behind her.
    Immediately, I whip out my phone and tap the contact on the top of my list.
    Ring! Ring! Ring!
    Straight to voicemail.
    I dial again.
    On the fourth ring, he finally picks up. 
    “Aspen! Finally!”
    I can almost see him raise his eyebrows through the phone. “And what could have possibly happened that would make you happy to see me?”
    “I need a ride to school. Mother ditched me again.”
    A sigh. “I’ll swing by on my way to work.”
    “Thanks, Aspen.”
    “No problem.”
    The moment he hangs up, I head out onto the porch, breathing in the cool, crisp air. Ten minutes later, a blue car pulls into the driveway. The window rolls down and my cousin waves at me from the driver’s seat. “Karina!”
    I walk around to the passenger side and get in. Aspen grins at me. “Ready for school?”
    I shoot him a glare. “In case you forgot, I’ve been living with Father for the last year.”
    He stiffens, his hands clenching the steering wheel, and I immediately regret bringing Father up. He pulls out of the driveway in silence as I desperately grasp for a safe subject to talk about. “So, uh, how is Amber?”
    His eyebrows almost hit the roof of the car. “When have you cared in the least about Amber?”
    I shift uncomfortably, textbooks in my backpack digging into my shoulders. “I’ve always cared about her,” I mutter, not meeting his eyes.
    “Mm, sure.” Aspen stops at a red light and shoots me a concerned look. “Are you feeling alright?”
    “Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?”
    The moment the words leave my mouth, my head begins to throb. I groan and reach into the pocket of my jacket to pull out a bottle of Excedrin. I down two of them and lay my head back, the pills quickly cleansing my head of pain.
    Aspen frowns. “Still getting those headaches?”
    I nod, then wince. “Yes.”
    We drive up to the school and stop at the drop-off zone. “You should get that checked. Want me to take you to the doctor after school?”
    “It’s fine. Mother will take me sooner or later.” 
    He looks unconvinced, so I grin. “Come on, Aspen, do you really want to spend more time with me?”
    Chuckling, he shakes his head. “You got me there,” he tells me, winking.
    There’s a sharp rap on the window of the passenger door and I jump. A squint-eyed woman levels me with a glare and I immediately realize that not even two hours into waking up, I'm already in trouble.
    TO BE CONTINUED...
FEEDBACK PLEASE!!! I NEED IT! XD LOVE YA!

• Figwit

I already love this! Wow. This just makes me glad my mom is super nice... lol.
    Re: Thanks for the review! It was more of a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing rather than anything inspired, so I'm glad you liked it ;)

• serein

UMM THIS IS AMAZING!!!
    I'm going to go read part two real quick :)
    (please keep writing this and notify me when you write more!!!)

I WANNA KNOW MORE!! gahh her mother is AWFUL, but you sure conveyed emotion well! i'm so curious about aspen and amber!
    it flows well, cohesive, no points of confusion. looks good!

• alwayswriting

Noooo not a cliffhanger!! This is really well written and it's an amazing plot! Part 2 please <3

Re: I had some time and actually wrote and published Sirius' diary entry about escaping azkaban today, check it out if you like :)

• journal.scribbles

Ooh I love how you introduce so many different characters and aspects of the plot here! This is so good!! I can't wait to read the continuation!
    re: If you get a chance, could you maybe review the excerpts from my unfinished novel? Thank you so much for offering! I really appreciate it!

• (sk)eyesofocher

YES YES YES I LOVE ITTT
    I SHALL NEVER GURU YOU AGAIN XD
    re: can I get reviews on the a part of The Omni... PLEASE ANY PART AS MANY AS YOU CAN DOO

• Livsnjutare

Ack, I need to know more!!! This is so good!
    p.s. I am LOVING your profile pic!
    love,
    kitten

• Love, Rose

Re : aww thank you so much :)

Re: nah just on your feed lol, that seems like a whole lotta work :v

• BizzleWrites

Re: I'm good, thankyou. You?
    I really don't know, so just review whichever pieces of mine you like.
    Thanks in advance. :)

• Love, Rose

for some reason i cant see the reviews you did for me perhaps you didn't share them - I don't know xx

• mason wong

Reply: Hi, I am doing well. You can review whatever piece you want to.

Re: Lol wow you really have been doing a LOT of reviews :o

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: okay! I’m not sure when exactly I’ll do it, but I’ll try to do it pretty soon! Have an amazing day!

• V-Rose

Hey, I left a review and I made it just how you wanted it! You should get it soon!

• Jj101

Re: Hello! I’m doing alright, u? Sorry I didn’t see ur comment sooner I haven’t been very active lately. You can review whatever you like, I don’t really have a preference but the last few things I published aren’t very high quality writing just FYI. Also, welcome back!!! Have a great day!! :)

re: oh mai

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: awww, please, it’s no big deal! I totally understand taking a break! And sure, we can continue it if you want, but I may not be able to do it quite as frequently, because I’m really busy currently, but we should be able to write one every other week or something!

• ~rain~

I want morrrre this is already so interesting!!!
    Re: Lol if I were to identify with any book or movie character, it would be MJ from Spider-Man. And the pieces you're reviewing- please don't feel rushed, do it whenever you have time :) Have a great day!!!

• Karma’s_Coming

Heyo! I just posted the taste one (I just realized how odd that sounds, oh well) if you want to check that out.

• Tayyaba

Replying:: Cannot decide any specific writing but ya i would love it if you would review my poems any one or two of them...... I THINK ONE CAN BETTER DECIDE HIMSELF OR HERSELF, WHAT TO BE CHOOSEN.

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

Re : Yay!!! You're back!!! Hurray!!! Party!!! But umm... I am in a hiatus at the moment :( not active in any media. You got these board exams (future deciding exams) in India, so gotta learn for it >_< Well, that means... I won't be available for like... 2 years...? Idk, but I will try my best to check in on wtw :) bye for now!

• Shay

Re: okay, could you please review Unexpected Tragedy and Little demons. I would link them but I don't know how

• Tayyaba

Hi.....I am good thank you..
    I would love it, if you would review some my pieces. Of your choice....

• Karma’s_Coming

Heyo! I took your advise and wrote a sequel-ish if you want to check it out, and thank you so much for the lovely review.

• ~wildflower~

Re: yeah, I never hosted a competition either. But that’s so nice of you to give reviews as a coming-back gift! Thanks again :)

re: You did all those reviews so quickly, thank you so much! LMAO you have 2020 likes! Just one more!!!

re: Tysm!

• Just_A_Memory

Re: I DID hear you say that in fact xD It was basically the only piece that I could think of to be reviewed though. Unfortunately, my pieces are either very short, or very long. I need to find myself a middle ground smh :P

• Just_A_Memory

OH MA GERSH! I love it alreadyyyyyyyyyyy. Up *Clap* dates *clap* Please! *Clap* Ma'am! *Clap* (Phew, that was a lot of clapping!)

Re: Girl, I told you it was LONG xD I mean, I didn't say 4,000 somethin words, but You can't say I didn't warn you >:3

• useless :)

character names* not characters lol

• useless :)

i love this!! pls lmk when there's more out but-
    1. thank you so much for your review, it was super helpful and i changed up some stuff because of it. though i did have another prelogue draft that i think could be better than my first...i wish you could private chat on here because i'm obviously not gonna copy and paste a whole prelogue into this comment, and i don't really want to publish it until i get feedback...hmm. idk.
    2. HOW THE HECK DID U READ MY MIND?! LIKE, WHAT? my main character's name was literally gonna be aspen (a girl tho) and one of her friends was gonna be amber XD
    welp. guess i gotta go brainstorming for characters haha

• midnight.summerrose

LOVE THIS!!!! WOW!! :)
    This is truly excellent!! <3
    RE: Maybe my most recent one if you can't decide lol