chrysanthemums&ink

ɪ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴅɪɢᴏ
ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ sᴜɴsᴇᴛ
ɪᴛ's ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴄʀʏɪɴɢ ɪɴ ɪᴛ
ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs

song quote of the week:
彗星になれたなら - harumaki gohan

most if not all of my pieces have songs linked to them. give them a listen, you might like what you hear.

i hope the next decision you make brings you happiness.

that girl, A-Chu

12

distantly, i recall the memories of my old hometown:
the whistling breeze, the flower tinted smoke. the surface of the pond trembling with the fickle footsteps of the gerridae, the stars testing their glittering luster against the balmy licks of the village torch flames
and the quiet moon under which i laid with a girl named A-Chu

gentle was the fragrance of rice liquor that turned us as scarce as the flittering butterfly 
the pads of our soft feet became damp with the crushed bodies of demised peonies
A-Chu, do you remember? we stole each other's warmth
our reflections were lost by the capricious waters' edge and eaten by the water gliders that skirted by
only the yellow moon endured in its full clarity, the sky's pearl notwithstanding your beauty
even now, i know that light remains unchanged
the same moon that we both gazed at until our earthly bodies were stripped away
when only our desires hung in the air, i swore i could see your heart beat
but A-Chu 
where are we now? 
where did they end, the moon and us?
all that is left of that time is the leftover light on the ground
and the aching of my carved out chest 

A-Chu, you're still burned into the crease of my breastbone 
i think about you and i grow ever more forlorn
i recall the sensation of your buttery hair between my fingers, the brush of your pale lips over my temple, and the shape of your mouth around my name when you called out for me
now, when i ruminate over it, my affection only peels and lands spoiled at my feet
A-Chu, i despise the emotion that stirs over your persisting image, your expired scent that lingers in the village's lilting breaths
my wrinkled fingertips—springwater-sunken—that traced the mellow bone of your nape 
while we bathed in the culmination of our chaste desires, afterwards, the wind blew on us coldly, seedling prophecies infusing us with abrupt chill
only when they bloomed fully did i realize their true meaning: 
of you, A-Chu, who is no longer by my side
it saddens me so, standing in the decrepit path of our dilapidated flower fields 
i am frozen in the wilt of time 
a sea of decayed peonies weights my ankles
it still smells of flower water, of fresh love 
but you are not here with me, A-Chu, i noticed too late your absence

so that i won't forget this feeling, i feel pity for my own heart 
pretending that you yearn for me as deeply as i yearn for you, i can delay feeling emptiness in my soul
i wonder if we even stare at the same moon 
or if nothing connects us anymore than rotting buds and memories
A-Chu, do you protect yourself this way as well?
in my faraway hometown, where we spread the canvas of the world with our hands and sealed our ephemeral desires into the creases
it was only a youth's blind dream, the wings of a moth beating futilely at the light of the fire
but sweet it was

A-Chu, are you thinking of me tonight? 

i am. i am. 

阿楚姑娘 - 袁婭維

inspired by the english translation in the comment section. hope it isn't too similar though. 

snowstorm's been tough. typos a lot. thank you for reading! 

• February 21, 2021 - 11:14am (Now Viewing)

omigosh how have i not seen this masterpiece until now

Heads up my brother is panicking on my bedroom floor because he's your 199th follower and there needs to be 200 XD

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

As a tribute to amazing people on this site I have started a series about my life check it out

• JACOB HOUSTON

I think that this might be one of the best pieces I have seen on this platform. It is so deep and meaningful in unexplainable ways, as it captivated with its descriptions of ordinary feelings that often aren't brought up in today's world. This is so lovely! Such relatable and special words. If you would like to review one of my songs, I would love more reviews on mine called 'butterfly sadness,' 'gatekeeper,' and 'motif.' Much love! Also, if you want editing or songwriting help [OR WANT TO COLLABORATE ON A SONG], please don't hesitate to reach out.

ohh this is brilliant... i can feel this inside. like. more vividly than... well, than a lot of poetry. this is perfect, chrys. this is absolutely beautifully perfect. wowwowwow. you're an artist, i'm so honored to read your work and gape over how wonderful it is!!

really hope you're doing well <33

• Jasmine_K

this is one of my favourite chinese songs and you've done it such justice here!! your words are so beautiful??? ugh i literally am so blown away
    "where did they end, the moon and us?"
    "A-Chu, you're still burned into the crease of my breastbone" just GAH so gorgeous. (also, have you heard jue chen's cover of a perfect day? i feel like you'd vibe with it.)