Owl avvie1 copy 14

Winter Galaxy

Half of being a good writer is grammar, and the other half is a healthy mix of patience and insanity. Welcome to my collection of thoughts, the product of sitting in a cozy blanket typing while rain pours outside. Not really, but I wish it was.

What did you think? Did it tell you about the character? Intrigue you? Did you think of something else I could put in there to further describe her personality?

Inside the Room of a Star Thief

PROMPT: Inventory

1

Zinnia Tanzanite Wolf, age 14

Lining the shelves and bedside table of a tiny dorm room, painted yellow, are the personal knick-knacks of a young and vibrantly red-headed girl. 

• A small purse of leather, lined with turquoise threads and a braided strap to sling around her shoulders. An outside pocket is sewn on with more leather material with a Zinnia flower on it, giving a very homemade appearance. Inside, a single dollar bill is stashed within the inside pocket, unspent for ages. It sits on a shelf above her bed's header, the strap hanging down, gathering dust.
  • A jar of her favourite stars glow on her nightstand, illuminating the room at all times.
  • Heart-shaped rocks and various shells are collected on another shelf by the door.
  • "Wolf" is pasted on one of those banners where triangles are hung off a string arcing down on her door. 
  • Galaxy posters decorate her room, one with the "Celestice" symbol on it.
  • A drawing of a compass with diamond-encrusted stars twinkling in the background of golden hands is taped onto the mirror of her closet.
  • A dream diary, a gift from Sam, is half-way filled up on her nightstand.
  • A dreamcatcher sits above the nightstand with the strings in the middle cut out and three golden feather hanging down.
  • A tiny S + Z is carved inside a heart in a tree branch propped up in the side of her room.

I didn't include town/city or country because it's a bit difficult to discuss that in my novel.